Trump Pros Vs. Cons

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Trump Pros Vs. Cons

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:48 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I now take home an extra 1.8% per check. That's about enough to buy a pair of sneakers. :lol:
I still don't get GCF logic. Getting to keep 2% more of his income is laughable. Maybe his entire income is laughable. :think:
Well shit, I'm happy about it, sure. But it's not going to make me spend enough money to stimulate GDP by 5% this year :lol:

It's a pointless thing, and incredibly damaging to the budget, but... sure. I'll enjoy my new sneakers.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 am

If you need 1.8% of your annual income to buy sneakers, you are in bad shape. Sorry - it explains why you are grumpy, though.
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Kath wrote:If you need 1.8% of your annual income to buy sneakers, you are in bad shape. Sorry - it explains why you are grumpy, though.
Its 1/4 of a paycheck per year. It’s something, but I’m not going to start a business with it.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:09 pm

More money back than we would have gotten from the Clinton administration

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:11 pm

pineapplemike wrote:More money back than we would have gotten from the Clinton administration
Just remember that your kids owe it with 3% compounding interest.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:13 pm

That ship has already sailed, it's all going to go belly up one day I'd rather have more money in my pocket for the ride before the ship sinks

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:14 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:More money back than we would have gotten from the Clinton administration
Since a democrat no longer sits in the WH, we no longer are required to be fiscally responsible. (Not that we are ever fiscally responsible, but we hear a lot about how we should be when a D sits in the big chair.)
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm

Kath wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Since a democrat no longer sits in the WH, we no longer are required to be fiscally responsible. (Not that we are ever fiscally responsible, but we hear a lot about how we should be when a D sits in the big chair.)
Shit, I'm gonna rack up a few million in credit cards, then send them a picture of Trump when they ask for money back. :lol:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 pm

I don't buy the argument that tax cuts increase the budget, I understand that effectively they do, but I think that train of logic assumes that government owns our tax money rather than they are allowed a certain amount of it to spend.

Congressional republicans are all talk for not cutting spending, just like when they didn't repeal Obamacare

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 pm

pineapplemike wrote:I don't buy the argument that tax cuts increase the budget, I understand that effectively they do, but I think that train of logic assumes that government owns our tax money rather than they are allowed a certain amount of it to spend.

Congressional republicans are all talk for not cutting spending, just like when they didn't repeal Obamacare
The only reason that money has value at all, is due to the implicit understanding that it will get you equivalent goods/services to its value. Every penny spent or not collected by the feds goes into the deficit. Every penny of that deficit has to be made up by issuing IOUs to the bond market, at interest.

If we aren't going to pay those bonds, then our money has no value. And that is a world that you don't want to live in.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace