Does anyone on this forum actually care about Syria?

Montegriffo

Re: Does anyone on this forum actually care about Syria?

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:18 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
BjornP wrote:FSA may be wet paper bag fighters and didn't say they or the rjova kurds are "driving the bus", but my point is that it is ok to acknowledge that even if they wanted democracy, its ok to not want to bilaterally support them. Without feeling any social pressure to just dismiss them as jihadi fanatics like isis when they're not.
Better to let Assad rule m8. He's not even that bad tbh.
Actually he is, he's a real piece of shit who cares nothing for the lives of his own people. I get your point though, it helps no one to turn this civil war into a never ending war by proxy. The Saudis and Russians must take a lot of blame for how things have turned out and the US and her allies would do well not to get involved.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:22 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

Never ceases to amaze how liberals can blame the consequences of the actions of their leaders on people who haven't been in office for nearly a decade.
So, after 8 glorious years of MAGA, I can assume no one will be blaming Obama for whatever fails to be great again?
Who's Obama?
Oh, you remember... he's that affirmative action hire that created ISIS in a total vacuum.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:22 am

Obama, Clinton, and the CIA are to blame for this debacle. Nobody else.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:24 am

Unfortunately even if we wanted to forget about him, he's going to keep running his mouth and the media is going to keep covering him.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:27 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
BjornP wrote:FSA may be wet paper bag fighters and didn't say they or the rjova kurds are "driving the bus", but my point is that it is ok to acknowledge that even if they wanted democracy, its ok to not want to bilaterally support them. Without feeling any social pressure to just dismiss them as jihadi fanatics like isis when they're not.
It's not about who is "good" or "bad". Not that i know what you base that on or *who* you think he is good *for*, do you now care about what's best for the Syrians all of a sudden? I'm arguing against the virtue-signalling of those who want to forget US didn't ally solely with jihadists against Assad.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:29 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Unfortunately even if we wanted to forget about him, he's going to keep running his mouth and the media is going to keep covering him.
Well, if we've learned anything, it is that running your mouth off for media attention is how to win bigly, so I can't really fault him.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:31 am

BjornP wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
It's not about who is "good" or "bad". Not that i know what you base that on or *who* you think he is good *for*, do you now care about what's best for the Syrians all of a sudden? I'm arguing against the virtue-signalling of those who want to forget US didn't ally solely with jihadists against Assad.
If you're asking for my personal opinion I believe we should create a genetic virus that exterminates the entire region and we should claim it in the name of Charlemagne's Empire.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:28 am

Charlemagne... in the Middle East? Ooh-kaay.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:21 am

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:27 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
BjornP wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote: Better to let Assad rule m8. He's not even that bad tbh.
If you're asking for my personal opinion I believe we should create a genetic virus that exterminates the entire region and we should claim it in the name of Charlemagne's Empire.
Too much chance of it mutating and wiping out everyone. Better to nuke
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session