How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

C-Mag

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:37 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:
They can still go to the emergency room if they have a problem, no one is going to turn them away if they don't have health insurance.
It was that way before Obamacare. :roll:

That's the Dems answer to giving us this Turd, WTF.
What's your problem? People don't die because they don't have health insurance, they won't die if Obama care is repealed. According to the CBO it's only:
The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law. That number would increase to 27 million in 2020, after the elimination of the ACA’s expansion of eligibility for Medicaid and the elimination of subsidies for insurance purchased through the marketplaces established by the ACA, and then to 32 million in 2026.
https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52939

I'm being an ass about this cause a bunch of Deep Staters saddled us with this shit sandwich designed to put more control over American people, not do anything about Health Care. And the press is in bed with them. Dems who touted the bill won't do anything to fix it, GOP who talked big won't do shit. And it's taking a giant fucking bight out of my check book.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:38 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

What's your problem? People don't die because they don't have health insurance, they won't die if Obama care is repealed. According to the CBO it's only:
The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law. That number would increase to 27 million in 2020, after the elimination of the ACA’s expansion of eligibility for Medicaid and the elimination of subsidies for insurance purchased through the marketplaces established by the ACA, and then to 32 million in 2026.
Healthy people don't die without it, that's true. Chronic disease patients, on the other hand... well, Freedom.
You know what else healthy people die without, Money and Oxygen...
#NotOneRedCent

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:16 pm

C-Mag wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I'm being an ass about this cause a bunch of Deep Staters saddled us with this shit sandwich designed to put more control over American people, not do anything about Health Care. And the press is in bed with them. Dems who touted the bill won't do anything to fix it, GOP who talked big won't do shit. And it's taking a giant fucking bight out of my check book.
Obamacare largely isn't a benefit for healthy young people, more it is a benefit for sick, and/or disabled, and/or elderly people. It's like another layer of social security. Know what though? I'm good with it. At least folks are getting the care they need. I want my taxes to go towards the health and welfare of the general population. Obamacare was just a stop gap measure. We need to fix the real problems and stop blaming the kid with his thumb on the leak. Our healthcare system is unsound and we need both Republicans and Democrats in order to fix it.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:31 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Obamacare largely isn't a benefit for healthy young people, more it is a benefit for sick, and/or disabled, and/or elderly people. It's like another layer of social security. Know what though? I'm good with it. At least folks are getting the care they need. I want my taxes to go towards the health and welfare of the general population. Obamacare was just a stop gap measure. We need to fix the real problems and stop blaming the kid with his thumb on the leak. Our healthcare system is unsound and we need both Republicans and Democrats in order to fix it.

I just don't see it that way Jedi.
Why the hell does it need to be 30000 pages and take over 20% of the economy to insure a few people. And like you said, their getting emergency care anyway.

No, this shit was about taking control of people on a personal level. To me it's about a loss of Liberty.
I don't get being fine with it either. It's failing hard. You don't think this thing is successful do you?
What are we going to do when each state has one insurer and costs have risen 500 to 1000%

I just don't understand why insurance companies can't work freely across all state lines. That's some fascist bullshit. Government working with business to set the table to gouge citizens.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:39 pm

C-Mag wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:

I just don't see it that way Jedi.
Why the hell does it need to be 30000 pages and take over 20% of the economy to insure a few people. And like you said, their getting emergency care anyway.

No, this shit was about taking control of people on a personal level. To me it's about a loss of Liberty.
I don't get being fine with it either. It's failing hard. You don't think this thing is successful do you?
What are we going to do when each state has one insurer and costs have risen 500 to 1000%

I just don't understand why insurance companies can't work freely across all state lines. That's some fascist bullshit. Government working with business to set the table to gouge citizens.
I think Jedi is saying (and I agree) that at least the intent is good, and anything is better than Dickensian "fuck yourself" healthcare like we had before.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:45 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote: I think Jedi is saying (and I agree) that at least the intent is good, and anything is better than Dickensian "fuck yourself" healthcare like we had before.

Don't confuse words with actions.
Yes, Obamacare was communicated as a warm and fuzzy you can keep your doctor and your rates will go down. But that shit didn't happen.

The Actions were quite different. It mandated a ton of shit, and the government reached into the health concerns of every American.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:09 pm

AND HERES ANOTHER THING.

Why in the Hell does ANYONE defend this excrement heap that was given to us by a Congress who makes a sweet deal for themselves and makes us peasants eat a shit burger.

However, Trump can fix the situation, and he should. Wouldn't you all agree.
During Congressional debate over ObamaCare, Senator Charles Grassley (R - Iowa) deftly introduced an amendment requiring that Congress and its employees be subject to the same healthcare law that it was about to impose on the rest of America. Notably, his proposal passed the Senate Finance Committee by unanimous vote. .................

the Obama Administration predictably intervened to spare Congress from its own malfeasance. In 2013, Obama's Office of Personnel Management (OPM) issued a ruling redefining Congress as a "small business" with fewer than 50 employees. That allowed members and staffers to obtain insurance through the District of Columbia's small business exchange, which in turn allowed them to receive continuing government subsidy of their insurance costs.
http://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/ ... e-immunity
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Those guys can afford private personal medical staff. It's a nice gesture tho.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Chief Obamacare Architect Sacked After Fraudulent Billing Investigation

Gruber designed it and knew how to take advantage, but still got caught :lol:
Vermont’s Attorney General has settled the state’s claims of fraud against Jonathan Gruber, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor who served as a technical consultant for President Barack Obama and as one of the chief architects of Obamacare.

Under the terms of the settlement, Gruber will no longer work as a taxpayer-funded economic consultant for the state’s health care system and he won’t seek to be paid any money he might be owed, reports the Rutland Herald, a Vermont newspaper.

For its part under the agreement, the Vermont’s attorney general will not pursue legal action under the Vermont Civil False Claims Act.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/20/chief ... stigation/
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:51 am

Their sales pitch is, “If you like your ObamaCare, you can keep it.” That’s nice, but I don’t like it, I don’t want to keep it, and I don’t want to keep paying for it.

Keep a close watch on how many stand with Randy on this one:

Sen. Rand Paul: Graham/Cassidy does NOT repeal ObamaCare and I oppose it
No one wants to repeal ObamaCare more than I do. As a career physician, there are few in Congress who have as much firsthand experience on all sides of the health care debate as I do. I’ve voted for repeal. I’ve sponsored my own Repeal and Replace plans.

But I’ve also led the fight to stop and block “ObamaCare Lite” plans offered in both houses of Congress this year. These have been plans that have spent nearly as much money as ObamaCare, that left most of the taxes and regulations in place, and basically failed to honor our promise of repeal.

Unfortunately, they’re back again, and I must add to the list of ObamaCare Lite plans to oppose the new Graham/Cassidy bill that was introduced last week in the Senate.

In all ways, this bill is also ObamaCare Lite. In no way is it repeal the way we promised. I will oppose this bill as I did the other fake repeal bills, and I urge those who want repeal to do so, as well.

Make no mistake – Graham/Cassidy keeps ObamaCare funding and regulations in place. Oh, it rearranges the furniture a bit, changes some names, and otherwise masks what is really going on – a redistribution of ObamaCare taxes and a new Republican entitlement program, funded nearly as extravagantly as ObamaCare.