Fake News

DBTrek

Re: Fake News

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:54 pm

This news is real, but sounds fake:
The shutdown is having unintended consequences in big and small ways. For Indigenous communities, it's been particularly crippling. Many rely heavily on federal government payouts owed to tribes based on treaties. The funds go towards basic services, from plowing roads to health care to stocking food pantries. Representative Sharice Davids of Kansas knows firsthand how a shutdown can impact Native Americans. Her state is home to a number of different American Indian tribes. She's also a member of the Ho-Chunk Nation...

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/06/68260799 ... -americans
Government shutdown disaster, because the Ho-Chunks can’t stock their food pantries.
Indeed.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:53 pm

kybkh wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:30 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:21 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:01 pm
probably easier to make a list of those that don't

new article from glenn greenwald regarding that cuban soundwave 'attack' and how nbc news uncritically repeated anonymous IC sources to blame russia
I think there is some value in knowing who the mouth pieces are versus who are just the parrots.
Acting like I have a clue if anyone on TV is acting without agency has long passed me. I still have trouble reconciling Trump/Hannity.

The only analysis I consider worthwhile in determining the truth behind anything is: cui bono?

Everyone I can think of that purport themselves as "independent reporters" have long lost my trust in them to report any and all news in a manner that is not meant to drive an agenda.

This mis-reporting about the 7yo shot in Texas by Mr Black is really jaw dropping.
Bob Woodward is still pretty good.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:38 pm

LOL

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:54 pm
This news is real, but sounds fake:
The shutdown is having unintended consequences in big and small ways. For Indigenous communities, it's been particularly crippling. Many rely heavily on federal government payouts owed to tribes based on treaties. The funds go towards basic services, from plowing roads to health care to stocking food pantries. Representative Sharice Davids of Kansas knows firsthand how a shutdown can impact Native Americans. Her state is home to a number of different American Indian tribes. She's also a member of the Ho-Chunk Nation...

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/06/68260799 ... -americans
Government shutdown disaster, because the Ho-Chunks can’t stock their food pantries.
Indeed.
:hand:
This has to be fake news DB. Every television show or movie I've seen with Injuns and they all can track, hunt and live off the land...……………. 'member, they had to save the starving pilgrims.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:52 pm

Seems like every time I witness fanatical SJWing on social media it’s coming from a ho-chunk, so to speak. They cling to social Marxism like white men to guns and religion.

:twisted:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:28 am

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/media/tr ... index.html
At issue: How should a uniquely deceptive president be treated by TV networks that value the truth?
Seth Meyers, the host of "Late Night" on NBC, took a position about this on his show Monday night.
"Just because Trump wants to address the nation doesn't mean networks should air it. Otherwise, they're just passing on his lies unfiltered," Meyers said.
Judgement has already been made by our enlightened media class. Whatever he says is a lie.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:37 am

No one is forcing networks to air anything.

The networks simply know that we will all turn to whatever small, streaming outlet is airing the speech and abandon them entirely if they boycott.

We don’t need big media to hear the president anymore, and it’s absolutely tearing them apart.
:lol:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:29 am

They'll air it because it will get them better ratings than if they don't. Either way, the ratings are sinking due to just what was explained. You see it in all television ratings. More ways to watch, other things to watch, and the old guard slowly sinks.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:05 am

A Seattle TV station aired doctored footage of Trump’s Oval Office speech. The employee has been fired.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 976f7398a3

:|

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:12 am

Photoshop of Truth!!

:lol: