Social Justice Warriors Thread

DBTrek

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:16 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Are you a man in your forties and feel like you can't really compete with other power lifters? The solution is to grow your hair long and "identify" as a woman..

A man, identifying as a transgender woman, recently dominated a female weightlifting competition, sparking debate on fairness in sports.

Gavin Hubbard, 39 — now going by Laurel Hubbard — is a New Zealand weightlifter who dominated the Australian International weightlifting competition in Melbourne on Sunday. Hubbard lifted 590.9 pounds in the women’s 198.4-pound division, out-lifting the competition by 45 pounds.

Hubbard is the first transgender individual to win her division in this competition.

While many may find this progressive and a reason to celebrate, some of Hubbard’s competitors aren’t seeing it quite that way.

“She is who she is. That’s the way the politics … and what the New Zealanders have decided. I can’t say much more than that,” disappointed bronze medalist Kaitlyn Fassina said. “She is seen as female and that’s the way it is.”

Two-time Olympian Deborah Acason said, “If I was in that category, I wouldn’t feel like I was in an equal situation. I just feel that, if it’s not even, why are we doing the sport?”

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03/21 ... -fairness/
The question I've yet to see addressed by this madness . . . are we now required to refer to anorexic women as fat?

I mean . . . they self identify as overweight, right?
Maybe we should enroll them in weight watchers and prescribe them diet pills.
:doh:

These are the issues we run into when trying to force an individuals misperceptions of reality onto society as a whole.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:51 am

:lol: This reminds me - while I was sitting in the hospital yesterday, there was college women's gymnastics on the tv (I have absolutely no idea how that came on :))

One of them was obviously a man, but the coverage, of course, was doing their best to cover the fact up. You could tell instantly by the way he moved when running/walking, and gestures like a fist-pump that follows through (along with a primal scream that only men do).

Never a closeup of his face, never an interview. Just a quick showing of the routine from a distance, then cut to next competitor. It was blindingly obvious.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:58 am

One solution is to divide classes by biological sex. Make it explicit. If you were born with a man's body, then you compete against people who were also born with a man's body.

The other big problem is the hormones that females take to look like men. Those are technically banned drugs in most major sports. Either those drugs need to no longer be banned, or f2m trans people should not be allowed to compete if they were on test over the previous year.

The way it is now will ruin sports. Nobody can respect it. Trans people (both kinds) enjoy tremendous advantages.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Its already happening across all sports.

Now I want to test the waters by saying that I identify as a man to get testosterone treatments covered for my mental health. No one can deny my identity, right?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Kasparov should come out of retirement, put on a wig, and claim the title of Women's All time Number one Chess Master.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:03 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:One solution is to divide classes by biological sex. Make it explicit. If you were born with a man's body, then you compete against people who were also born with a man's body.
I think that's a reasonable solution.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:12 pm

de officiis wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:One solution is to divide classes by biological sex. Make it explicit. If you were born with a man's body, then you compete against people who were also born with a man's body.
I think that's a reasonable solution.
I don't like how it uses their terminology of separating the synonyms of sex and gender, but since most people have already given up that fight I think the solution is reasonable as well
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:51 pm

California wrote:Its already happening across all sports.

Now I want to test the waters by saying that I identify as a man to get testosterone treatments covered for my mental health. No one can deny my identity, right?
Huh. I thought you were a man.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:05 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
California wrote:Its already happening across all sports.

Huh. I thought you were a man.
I am. I want to be more man

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:13 pm

California wrote:I am. I want to be more man

Well, the Moremans are always recruiting.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"