The Great Wall of Trump

Montegriffo

Re: The Great Wall of Trump

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:16 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:51 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:45 am
Oh are we all getting ladders? I need a ladder.
Ladders deserve Burning Oil................... maybe we can do a GoFundMe to get Monte Griffo to build us some Trebuchets
You forget that trebuchets are for destroying walls not building them.
I'll gladly send some plans. :twisted:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:36 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:35 am
brewster wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:29 am

As far as my position, I'm not anti-immigration, but I don't see why we should favor those who can walk here over everyone else in the whole world who would like to be an American. We should secure our border, but most experts agree Trump's "Wall" is neither the best nor most cost effective way to do it.
Trump is dead right that US Immigration policy should be about merit, and the needs of the country. As you say, just because you can get to the border, doesn't mean you get to magic soil land.
Problem is, if we let in only PhD's who's going to pick fruit and clean floors? Not you and me nor anyone on this board, I don't think. At least not at current wages. That's the kicker no one want's to talk about, border control is definitely inflationary. Our economy needs peasants more than PhDs, the only question is will they be Latinos, Africans, or Asians? Europe still has peasants, but they have it too good to leave. I saw an article today about an indian farmer with a 1 acre plot of cotton. 1 ACRE!! That dude would be thrilled to pick strawberries in the Central Valley.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:05 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:36 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:35 am
brewster wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:29 am

As far as my position, I'm not anti-immigration, but I don't see why we should favor those who can walk here over everyone else in the whole world who would like to be an American. We should secure our border, but most experts agree Trump's "Wall" is neither the best nor most cost effective way to do it.
Trump is dead right that US Immigration policy should be about merit, and the needs of the country. As you say, just because you can get to the border, doesn't mean you get to magic soil land.
Problem is, if we let in only PhD's who's going to pick fruit and clean floors? Not you and me nor anyone on this board, I don't think. At least not at current wages. That's the kicker no one want's to talk about, border control is definitely inflationary. Our economy needs peasants more than PhDs, the only question is will they be Latinos, Africans, or Asians? Europe still has peasants, but they have it too good to leave. I saw an article today about an indian farmer with a 1 acre plot of cotton. 1 ACRE!! That dude would be thrilled to pick strawberries in the Central Valley.
Cheap labor and Slave labor stifles innovation and improving technology. Dan discussed this years ago when he did his show on Slavery. This current situation, helps the big producers, without this cheap labor, the California growers would have to compete with the cost in which local producers could provide the same food. With current greenhouse technology you can grow veggies year round, anywhere on the planet. But local business can't compete when the big corporations keep their cheap labor by buying off politicians.

I'm OK with our country needing peasants who will spend 10 hours a day bending over and picking veggies. But let's not fuck those workers over by forcing them to do it under the table. Let's respect them and their contributions by having a real discussion about what we need for labor and then bring in the best candidates. Right now, that picker has to sneak in, risk crossing a dessert, the drug smugglers and deal with coyotes.

Doing things legally and above board is a good thing, don't you think?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:08 pm

$13,326,975
24 hrs ago $8,114,453
PLATA O PLOMO

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:10 pm

We need to start automating agriculture. No more of this shit. Give farms subsidies and tax breaks that employ automated non illegal alien tech. Encourage innovation. This needs to stop. We cannot and should not take in a single more illegal. We already have enough rapists in Hollywood. No need to import them on a lettuce farm. They already gave us ecoli. Do we really need them to murder and rob our family members too?
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:16 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:10 pm
We need to start automating agriculture. No more of this shit. Give farms subsidies and tax breaks that employ automated non illegal alien tech. Encourage innovation. This needs to stop. We cannot and should not take in a single more illegal. We already have enough rapists in Hollywood. No need to import them on a lettuce farm. They already gave us ecoli. Do we really need them to murder and rob our family members too?
Not to mention the diseases.
Don't know about you, but I was pretty happy to leave Typhus, Cholera and Tuberculosis in the 19th Century.

Check out the link...………….. your corporate media masters don't want you to know how much disease they are bringing in
http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_ ... eases.html
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Lettuce in

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:24 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:05 pm
Cheap labor and Slave labor stifles innovation and improving technology. Dan discussed this years ago when he did his show on Slavery. This current situation, helps the big producers, without this cheap labor, the California growers would have to compete with the cost in which local producers could provide the same food. With current greenhouse technology you can grow veggies year round, anywhere on the planet. But local business can't compete when the big corporations keep their cheap labor by buying off politicians.

I'm OK with our country needing peasants who will spend 10 hours a day bending over and picking veggies. But let's not fuck those workers over by forcing them to do it under the table. Let's respect them and their contributions by having a real discussion about what we need for labor and then bring in the best candidates. Right now, that picker has to sneak in, risk crossing a dessert, the drug smugglers and deal with coyotes.

I actually agree with everything you said, but it's still inflationary, and that's a word that freaks people out. I've been saying for years that more fresh food would be grown east of the Mississippi except for having to compete with dumping free water and petrochemicals on a western desert.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:28 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:24 pm
C-Mag wrote:

I actually agree with everything you said, but it's still inflationary, and that's a word that freaks people out. I've been saying for years that more fresh food would be grown east of the Mississippi except for having to compete with dumping free water and petrochemicals on a western desert.

Great plan, but we need to build a wall around the west coast first so that we can lock them in their own cesspool and not spread when shit gets ugly.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:50 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:24 pm
C-Mag wrote:

Most Americans live in fucking fantasyland, they don't understand they pay less for food than anytime in history. Hipsters love to facebook about organic this, free range that, and have no fucking clue of where their food really comes from, not to mention the processes to take a seed, germinate it and eventually get it on a plate.

Americans would be better off with locally grown food. I dream of a time when Microgreens will no longer be a pretentious salad.
PLATA O PLOMO