Trumps quiet war on human trafficking

Ex-California

Re: Trumps quiet war on human trafficking

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:29 am

Now that #MeToo has calmed down, the sickest Leftists are starting to whisper about pedophila again with various idiots trying to call it another sexuality.

Its too bad that many of the Muslims are also pedos, because I'm sure they'd have a good punishment for it.

When people are convicted of pedophilia, we should totally ignore the last 500 years or so of progress when looking for our punishments
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:15 am

Real Question: Is pedophilia worse than murder? And why?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:45 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:15 am
Because not everybody who commits murder is incapable of reform. I agree with the leftists insofar as I think this is a kind of sexuality (really a distortion of sexuality) and I am not sure that is something you can reform.

I am not talking about pederasty or anything like that, but straight-up pedophilia.

The thing that concerns me here is that I suspect most of us here, if we were afflicted with such a thing, would just disappear in the wilderness somewhere and live off the grid, well away from children. But that's not what happens. These people tend to get into jobs that place children in their trust. They are living around kids knowing full well what they are capable of. Anybody who has this problem who wants to get away from children has my full support. I would gladly pay more taxes to build colonies for them.

With respect to murder, lots of people murder out of anger and passion. It's at least possible for them to reform. The analog to a pedophile with respect to murderers would be something like a serial killer and, fuck no, we don't just release those guys back into the wild.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:51 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:45 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Because not everybody who commits murder is incapable of reform. I agree with the leftists insofar as I think this is a kind of sexuality (really a distortion of sexuality) and I am not sure that is something you can reform.

I am not talking about pederasty or anything like that, but straight-up pedophilia.

The thing that concerns me here is that I suspect most of us here, if we were afflicted with such a thing, would just disappear in the wilderness somewhere and live off the grid, well away from children. But that's not what happens. These people tend to get into jobs that place children in their trust. They are living around kids knowing full well what they are capable of. Anybody who has this problem who wants to get away from children has my full support. I would gladly pay more taxes to build colonies for them.

With respect to murder, lots of people murder out of anger and passion. It's at least possible for them to reform. The analog to a pedophile with respect to murderers would be something like a serial killer and, fuck no, we don't just release those guys back into the wild.
Why is it easier to reform a murderer (not talking about crimes of passion), than a pedophile? If you're capable of taking life in cold blood, is that somehow less of a permanent disorder than raping a child?

I really just want to see if you (and others) can admit that this is about your personal feels and sense of offense, than the crime itself. Both murderers and child molesters are monsters - obviously. But we won't see a forum campaign for medieval torture of psychopaths, like we would for molesters. Because somehow, we are more offended by the 'wrongness' of molestation. It's further away from our worldview.

Would we be more angered by the murder of a child, or the molestation of one?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:55 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:51 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Why is it easier to reform a murderer (not talking about crimes of passion), than a pedophile? If you're capable of taking life in cold blood, is that somehow less of a permanent disorder than raping a child?

I really just want to see if you (and others) can admit that this is about your personal feels and sense of offense, than the crime itself. Both murderers and child molesters are monsters - obviously. But we won't see a forum campaign for medieval torture of psychopaths, like we would for molesters. Because somehow, we are more offended by the 'wrongness' of molestation. It's further away from our worldview.

Because murder is an intellectual decision whereas your sexuality is something deeper based on your biological drives.

Ask DrY if it's worth the risk to try to reform somebody like that. I doubt it.

It has nothing to do with feels. These are totally different things. People make poor moral choices all the time, come to regret them, repent, and reform their lives. But how do you change what somebody is attracted to? How is it that "gay therapy" a fucking joke but "pedo therapy" a reasonable alternative to lifetime imprisonment?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Oooh.. smoking hot feminist director drew some blood:
Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Lexi Alexander is asking why Hollywood is fixated on cracking pedophilia jokes after Disney fired Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn over a years-long history of kidding about molesting children.

Alexander, director of Marvel’s Punisher: War Zone, took to Twitter Monday asking if it was “normal” that high profile Hollywood figures “love” to tell jokes about pedophilia.

“You know…I get that the ‘alt-right’ is going after Hollywood…but is it normal to have that many high profile people within one industry who love to make jokes about pedophilia?” Alexander asked. “An estimated 25% of girls and 16% of boys experience sexual abuse before the age of 18. LOL ?”
https://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood ... lia-jokes/

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:22 pm

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:55 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Because murder is an intellectual decision whereas your sexuality is something deeper based on your biological drives.

It has nothing to do with feels. These are totally different things. People make poor moral choices all the time, come to regret them, repent, and reform their lives. But how do you change what somebody is attracted to? How is it that "gay therapy" a fucking joke but "pedo therapy" a reasonable alternative to lifetime imprisonment?
The drives are closely linked, and I don't think that one is more 'intellectual' than the other. Most serial killers report a very sexual/passion component to their crimes - very much the same.

But are you punishing the crime itself, or the 'wrongness' of it?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:36 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:22 pm
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:55 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

The drives are closely linked, and I don't think that one is more 'intellectual' than the other. Most serial killers report a very sexual/passion component to their crimes - very much the same.

But are you punishing the crime itself, or the 'wrongness' of it?
You are arguing yourself into circles.

I already said I think the only analog you can make between murderers and pedos is actually between serial killers and pedos, and we don't just let serial killers loose.

A person who is sexually attracted to children has a problem that is not just some character fault or ideation issue (that is what I meant by intellectual, not whether they are smart or stupid, but you knew that and are trying to obfuscate).

Trying to reform a pedo is exactly like trying to reform a gay person. If you think you can reform a pedo, then you shouldn't have any issues with reprogramming the gay out of people either. But I don't think you will defend that proposition, hence: contradiction. It's patently ridiculous to argue that we can simply reprogram people into a different sexuality.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:47 pm

I'm not arguing anything. Just trying to point out that it doesn't really make sense to get medieval on pedophiles and not serial killers.

When you said 'intellectual', I took it to mean 'more detached, and considered'.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:47 pm
I'm not arguing anything. Just trying to point out that it doesn't really make sense to get medieval on pedophiles and not serial killers.

When you said 'intellectual', I took it to mean 'more detached, and considered'.
Who's arguing we should treat them any differently? You are Kathy Newmanning the place up again.