Public School Education System Thread

Smitty-48

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:39 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Yes.... clearly I'm the unstable force around here. :lol:
You start ranting, then you get stomped, then you cry about people ranting, so not unstable, so much as weak shit.
Just took me an extra moment to post examples of your usual insane rantings. I'm still awaiting my position on the lamppost, if you please.
If I had been complaining about you ranting, then I would be the hypocrite, but since it wasn't me complaining about ranting but rather you, that makes you the hypocrite, not me. Go ahead and rant, knock yourself out, but that's a two way street right there right thur.

Is it crazy to want to hang a Commie Cat from a lamppost? Not where I come from it ain't, maybe Americans are Commie sympathizers, but that's their problem not mine.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:42 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:I think you're too scared of freedom to give it a shot in this case. Same with Monty on speech. You seem convinced that we all need DC to run our schools, lest we start having exorcisms replace geography.

Not even Kath is afraid of that happening.
Honestly, I just want someone to prove that the DoE is the problem. So far, we've just retrenched all the usual hand-waving Conservative talking points.
The DoE is the manifestation of the belief. I already told you this. The DoE is meaningless. You get rid of it and another will pop up, because you haven't addressed the underlying principal to which it is bound, that DC should be running the nation's schools.

That is what is in discussion here. Who should be in charge of schools, DC or states? Not, "should be get rid of the DoE?" If we decide the states should run their own schools, the DoE loses it's reason to exist, and can then be dissolved. You're missing the forest for the trees.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:23 pm

Ok then. Convince me that millions of Texan/Oklahoman children don't grow up without basic scientific awareness because it's politically fashionable.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:45 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:If anything, I think the risk in going to a full school voucher system derives from the fact that schools will all struggle to outperform the other schools, causing the average test scores to rise, which in turn could result in the federal government raising the minimum requirements for schools to receive voucher money. That could lead to significant barriers to entry for new schools to cater to specific needs of families.
The risk is that you'd have bullshit schools popping up all over the place presenting huge wastes of voucher funds, and if anyone said anything to them, the left would call you racist. Sorta like giving food stamps to people because you want to help them, but they're blowing money on dope.
You are both hitting right at one of the worst aspects of a Friedmanesque full voucher system.

It would create even more entanglement and fuckery between corrupt DC politicians and their enablers and sycophants and the rent-seeking assholes "educating" our children. What little local independence schools have would evaporate quickly when every local decision had to made in fear of being stricken from the "approved" voucher recipient list.

Close the government schools.

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:06 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Not even Kath is afraid of that happening.
Not sure what you mean by that. I tend to lean libertarian on quite a few issues and I'm very anti DC.
Account abandoned.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:01 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote: Completely disagree.

Without a federal government we'd be a hodgepodge of loser states like South America

Besides, kids, whether they are fruit&nut spawn, hillbilly spawn, or east coast trash spawn are all the same. Federal control of their education will go further to eliminate the sectional differences which are the real ongoing problem with America since the beginning.
Yeah, well, just more proof that we Loyalists are actually the small "c" conservatives of North Ameirca, while you republicans are actually a pack of Bolshevist whack jobs at heart; Politburo of Education, American Ministry of Truth.
I am statist and proud
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:09 am

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:13 am

Is that Chris Christie?
Account abandoned.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:14 am

Looks like it ate Chris Christie... Sweet Jesus.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:15 am

Kazmyr wrote:Looks like it ate Chris Christie... Sweet Jesus.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0