Okeefenokee

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:23 pm

brewster wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
It wasn't an accident.
Conspiracy? False flag?
Okeefenokee wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:This isn't going to help the gun supporters arguments for arming teachers.

Headline: Teacher accidentally fires gun and injures student during safety lesson
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/14/us/calif ... index.html
Dennis Alexander, who is Seaside City's mayor pro tem and a reserve officer with the Sand City Police Department, was teaching a lesson at Seaside High School in Seaside, California when he pointed his gun into the ceiling and accidentally fired it, said Abdul Pridgen, the city's police chief.

A 17-year-old student was injured by a bullet fragment or by debris that fell off the ceiling, Pridgen said.

The student's injuries appeared superficial and were not life threatening, police said.

Alexander has been placed on administrative leave from his teaching job, a spokesperson with the Monterey Peninsula Unified School District said.
I call bullshit.
Story stinks. There's been enough bullshit in the news that people should be able to smell it by now.

He didn't point his gun at the ceiling and accidentally fire it.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
My IQ is 210 and well built.
I'm doing some finishing work on my frontal cortex, triceps, and abs this weekend; pretty sure I'll be pulling a solid 212 by my Monday lunchtime lift/IQ squat, broheim.

Not "waving it around," mind you. But if you want to come train with me sometime, hellz yeah, I'm down.

Your doing a body building split?

Upper/lower, Push/Pull/Leg, or Total Body are the ways to go unless you are on drugs and don't care if your muscles don't work together athletically.
Not really, man. I'm just trying to keep my gains somewhere actually in the upper end of the bell curve.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:56 pm

:lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Okeefenokee wrote: Story stinks. There's been enough bullshit in the news that people should be able to smell it by now.

So what do you think happened?

Did the gun go off accidentally, but in a different way than reported?

Did a gun never go off at all?

Did the guy do it on purpose to make the idea of teachers with guns look bad?

Whatever your opinion, what are you basing it on?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:41 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote: Story stinks. There's been enough bullshit in the news that people should be able to smell it by now.

So what do you think happened?

Did the gun go off accidentally, but in a different way than reported?

Did a gun never go off at all?

Did the guy do it on purpose to make the idea of teachers with guns look bad?

Whatever your opinion, what are you basing it on?
No idea, but this recent spate of accidental shootings in schools doesn't pass the smell test. Folks didn't just start accidentally doing desk pops out of the blue for no reason.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:No idea, but this recent spate of accidental shootings in schools doesn't pass the smell test.
Russian Trolls?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:46 pm

A bunch of students in schools across the country walked out of class for 17 minutes today in response to the Florida shooting that killed 17 students and faculty. The reason given for the walkouts is to send a message that things need to change. The change they say is needed is stricter laws on guns ownership.

The shooter made open threats on multiple occasions that were never addressed because of policy decisions made by many of the same adults who walked out of class today alongside the students. Where are the calls for properly addressing the many incidents that led up to the shooting? Had any one of those incidents been dealt with using common sense, maybe the shooter never gets the chance to carry out the shooting. But we don't hear a peep about that. It's all about the guns, not a single things about the person whose actions did the shooting. The same person who did many other things before it that should have prevented the shooting had the adults in charge had the sense to deal with it.

I don't want to own a gun at this time, and never have. Still, it makes me sick to see this tragedy and the ignorant students being used as propaganda pieces while the more glaring reasons get hidden behind the calls for bans on guns.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:07 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:No idea, but this recent spate of accidental shootings in schools doesn't pass the smell test.
Russian Trolls?
Clearly.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:11 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:A bunch of students in schools across the country walked out of class for 17 minutes today in response to the Florida shooting that killed 17 students and faculty. The reason given for the walkouts is to send a message that things need to change. The change they say is needed is stricter laws on guns ownership.

The shooter made open threats on multiple occasions that were never addressed because of policy decisions made by many of the same adults who walked out of class today alongside the students. Where are the calls for properly addressing the many incidents that led up to the shooting? Had any one of those incidents been dealt with using common sense, maybe the shooter never gets the chance to carry out the shooting. But we don't hear a peep about that. It's all about the guns, not a single things about the person whose actions did the shooting. The same person who did many other things before it that should have prevented the shooting had the adults in charge had the sense to deal with it.

I don't want to own a gun at this time, and never have. Still, it makes me sick to see this tragedy and the ignorant students being used as propaganda pieces while the more glaring reasons get hidden behind the calls for bans on guns.
Earlier today, Shapiro read out some of the letters he's been getting from students from the other side of the debate who aren't getting any air time,

https://youtu.be/6k6amyRmeck?t=808

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Recent SCOTUS rulings seem to indicate that we can organize anti-gun control walk-outs and the schools now have to comply since they already allowed this protest, and they are not allowed to censor and punish based on the content of the speech..

If one side is allowed to do this, then so is the other side.