[s]YouTube stuff[/s] cancelled

doc_loliday

Re: YouTube stuff

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:55 am

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Love this song. Can’t believe I missed this awesome dance interpretation. He risked so much doing this and I’m just awestruck.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:44 pm

A video in the style of Dr. Seuss reading Lovecraft:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:39 am

If that's a hoax, it's incredible.

One thing I would say to the video uploader who critiqued it, a lot of people who report seeing sasquatch say these things seem almost like they are gliding across the ground because of the way they walk. Based on reports, I would expect movement to look really smooth. The knee should come up at a really high angle compared to homo sapiens. The legs should be shorter than the arms.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:04 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:

One thing I would say to the video uploader who critiqued it, a lot of people who report seeing sasquatch say these things seem almost like they are gliding across the ground because of the way they walk. Based on reports, I would expect movement to look really smooth. The knee should come up at a really high angle compared to homo sapiens. The legs should be shorter than the arms.
Spraypainted Chewbacca costume - $50. Adding to rank paranoia of sasquatch believers for generations - priceless.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:16 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Spraypainted Chewbacca costume - $50. Adding to rank paranoia of sasquatch believers for generations - priceless.

If it's fake, it almost certainly is CGI. Legs are too short and gait would very difficult to simulate. The baby is moving as well.

Disbelieving everything is as faulty as believing everything. It's more like a probability. I don't know how to exactly estimate it, but it's obviously pretty far into hoax territory. But without proof either way, I wouldn't be so confident in any conclusions that assert truth or hoax with certainty.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:19 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

If it's fake, it almost certainly is CGI. Legs are too short and gait would very difficult to simulate. The baby is moving as well.

Disbelieving everything is as faulty as believing everything. It's more like a probability. I don't know how to exactly estimate it, but it's obviously pretty far into hoax territory. But without proof either way, I wouldn't be so confident in any conclusions that assert truth or hoax with certainty.
I see absolutely nothing that I couldn't recreate with a shaky-ass camera, and chewbacca suit.

Also, anything that moves that slowly in bear country would be bear food anyway.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:22 am

Doubtful unless you are a genetic reject with legs almost half the length of your arms and you know how to walk such that your upper torso appears to glide across the ground. Walking like that is really difficult. I think it's possible to train to do it over time, but it's not something some out-of-shape tubby can do out of the blue. Also it's not a suit at least in the face. There are facial expressions when the thing is stabilized and zoomed in. The baby is moving just like a baby primate too.

I would lean more towards CGI at this point, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that it's real (just really, really low probability without any other information).

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:30 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Doubtful unless you are a genetic reject with legs almost half the length of your arms and you know how to walk such that your upper torso appears to glide across the ground. Walking like that is really difficult. I think it's possible to train to do it over time, but it's not something some out-of-shape tubby can do out of the blue. Also it's not a suit at least in the face. There are facial expressions when the thing is stabilized and zoomed in. The baby is moving just like a baby primate too.

I would lean more towards CGI at this point, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that it's real (just really, really low probability without any other information).
What are you even looking at? The legs are hidden the whole time.

If you want to believe, go for it. I still choose to believe in Star Trek.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Doubtful unless you are a genetic reject with legs almost half the length of your arms and you know how to walk such that your upper torso appears to glide across the ground. Walking like that is really difficult. I think it's possible to train to do it over time, but it's not something some out-of-shape tubby can do out of the blue. Also it's not a suit at least in the face. There are facial expressions when the thing is stabilized and zoomed in. The baby is moving just like a baby primate too.

What are you even looking at? The legs are hidden the whole time.

If you want to believe, go for it. I still choose to believe in Star Trek.

They are not hidden the whole time. You are believing what you predetermined is true (that all of this is hoax). You really aren't any different than the rabid believers in that sense. Accusing me of believing in shit without proof is projecting your own nonsense onto other people. I find it interesting.

I have stated before that I believe they existed until very recently, since it's nonsensical to believe totally disconnected cultures from Central Asia, across North America all the way to modern-day southeastern United States can describe the same animal and it's all just coincidence. But I have serious doubts that they could exist today. If they do, I would look in the extreme wilderness areas of Yukon, Alaska, Siberia, and maybe Himalayas.