London Tower Fire

Smitty-48

Re: London Tower Fire

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I am so glad to see that we have all come back around to the sensible position that talking about political violence doesn't actually make you complicit in the political violence committed by a stranger. ;)
Well I'm not opposed to political violence, it's only a question as to the cause and whether or not it be ultimately just, political violence in defense against a totalitarian nanny police state run amok; Her Majesty defends the right.

The British people need not overthrow the Crown, to overthrow the public sector unionized leviathan upon their throats, but they only need consider the use of violence, should said leviathan refuse to come quietly when duly directed to, as with any other criminal cartel.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I am so glad to see that we have all come back around to the sensible position that talking about political violence doesn't actually make you complicit in the political violence committed by a stranger. ;)
Well I'm not opposed to political violence, it's only a question as to the cause and whether or not it be ultimately just, political violence in defense against a totalitarian nanny police state run amok; Her Majesty defends the right.
Hush you! I was trying to cross-thread snipe at StA.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:02 pm

One side jokes about it. The other side has perpetrated a wave of terror and violence across the United States for the past six months.. hmm..

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:11 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:One side jokes about it. The other side has perpetrated a wave of terror and violence across the United States for the past six months.. hmm..
:dance:
I seem to remember the right getting all bent out of shape over a (very unfunny) joke pretty recently...
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Bear in mind, I'm not saying people should become randomly violent, the Crown retains a monopoly on the use of military force, but should you attempt to bring the public sector unionized leviathan to heel, and it refuses to come quiety and rather attempts to legislate from the streets instead, which it will inevitably attempt to do, that's where you need the Iron, to have the British Army bring them to heel by force of arms, ultimately in fact, their duty, fealty sworn to the Crown, not the Bolshevist nanny police state now holding said Crown as a hostage.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Bear in mind, I'm not saying people should become randomly violent, the Crown retains a monopoly on the use of military force, but should you attempt to bring the public sector unionized leviathan to heel, and it refuses to come quiety and rather attempts to legislate from the streets instead, which it will inevitably attempt to do, that's where you need the Iron, to have the British Army bring them to heel by force of arms, ultimately in fact, their duty, fealty sworn to the Crown, not the Bolshevist nanny police state now holding said Crown as a hostage.
In America we aren't subjects... we are self-governing individuals constantly keeping our guillotines oiled lest some crowned head goes thirsting for a rolling.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Bear in mind, I'm not saying people should become randomly violent, the Crown retains a monopoly on the use of military force, but should you attempt to bring the public sector unionized leviathan to heel, and it refuses to come quiety and rather attempts to legislate from the streets instead, which it will inevitably attempt to do, that's where you need the Iron, to have the British Army bring them to heel by force of arms, ultimately in fact, their duty, fealty sworn to the Crown, not the Bolshevist nanny police state now holding said Crown as a hostage.
In America we aren't subjects... we are self-governing individuals constantly keeping our guillotines oiled lest some crowned head goes thirsting for a rolling.
This thread is about Britain, why do you think everything is about you? Narcissism is a pathology; seek medical treatment, crazy person.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:36 pm

The cladding used on Grenfell Tower, which has been widely blamed for spreading the blaze, is banned in the UK on buildings of that height, Philip Hammond has said.

The chancellor told BBC1’s Andrew Marr Show: “My understanding is the cladding in question, this flammable cladding which is banned in Europe and the US, is also banned here.

“So there are two separate questions. One: are our regulations correct, do they permit the right kind of materials and ban the wrong kind of materials? The second question is: were they correctly complied with?
Hammond said a criminal investigation would examine whether building regulations had been breached when the block was refurbished, while the public inquiry set up by the government would also examine if rules had been broken.

He said it would be up to the inquiry to determine whether the regulations were properly drafted, and whether they were correctly enforced in this case.

Although Hammond said that the material used in the Grenfell Tower refurbishment, containing flammable polyethylene, was “banned” in the UK, a Treasury spokesman said later that what he meant was that it was banned for buildings of a certain height.
When it was put to him that the government had ignored a call to review building regulations relating to fire safety made by the coroner four years ago following the Lakanal House fire, Hammond said he did not accept that.

Pointing out that research and consultation had been commissioned, he said: “My assessment is that we have responded correctly and appropriately to those recommendations.”

But, ultimately, the public inquiry would decide whether the government had responded properly to the coroner’s recommendations, Hammond said.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ip-hammond
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
This thread is about Britain, why do you think everything is about you? Narcissism is a pathology; seek medical treatment, crazy person.
Sorry, I missed that... I was busy posting a series of duck-face selfies to my grindr.

@Monte

It is interesting that when regulations put in place to protect people fail miserably, some people's response is to say "see, we shouldn't have regulations."
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:47 pm

Yes, yes, another public inquiry to determine if the government had followed the recommendations of the last public inquiry, which was to determine if the government had followed the recommendations of the last public inquiry, to determine if the government had followed the recommendations of the last public inquiry, public inquiry ad naseum in a paradoxical loop, like an Escher painting...

.. in lieu of ever just taking this public sector unionized self licking ice cream cone out behind the wood shed and shooting it, which should have been done a long time ago, but unfortunately, Britain has been totally enthralled by it, since it came about upon full mobilization for World War Two, and then simply never demobilized after.
Nec Aspera Terrent