How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Montegriffo

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:53 pm

The General Medical Council (GMC) is a public body that maintains the official register of medical practitioners within the United Kingdom. Its chief responsibility is ‘to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public’ by controlling entry to the register, and suspending or removing members when necessary. It also sets the standards for medical schools in the UK. Membership of the register confers substantial privileges under Part VI of the Medical Act 1983. It is a criminal offence to make a false claim of membership. The GMC is supported by fees paid by its members, and it became a registered charity in 2001.
Knowledge trumps dogma every time......Not the ''State'' although backed by an act of Parliament.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Did you read what you just quoted?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:49 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I have a friend who lost custody of her kid when the hospital didn't want to pay for treatment anymore. I'm pretty fucking familiar with it.
Familiar and living through it are two different things.

I'm familiar with WWII. I didn't live through it.
Yet many people who did not storm the beaches of Normandy are qualified to speak on the subject.
They can speak, but when someone lived through it, the one who are "qualified to talk about it" STFU and listen.
#NotOneRedCent

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:47 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
The General Medical Council (GMC) is a public body that maintains the official register of medical practitioners within the United Kingdom. Its chief responsibility is ‘to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public’ by controlling entry to the register, and suspending or removing members when necessary. It also sets the standards for medical schools in the UK. Membership of the register confers substantial privileges under Part VI of the Medical Act 1983. It is a criminal offence to make a false claim of membership. The GMC is supported by fees paid by its members, and it became a registered charity in 2001.
Knowledge trumps dogma every time......Not the ''State'' although backed by an act of Parliament.
Monte, charity or no charity if they are empowered to make decisions that the state enforces with violence if necessary, they are an organ of the state.

Apparently they got you to believe otherwise because they obfuscate it with the charity crap.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:54 pm

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Familiar and living through it are two different things.

I'm familiar with WWII. I didn't live through it.
Yet many people who did not storm the beaches of Normandy are qualified to speak on the subject.
They can speak, but when someone lived through it, the one who are "qualified to talk about it" STFU and listen.
Ok. Can I post now? :?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:14 am

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Monte, charity or no charity if they are empowered to make decisions that the state enforces with violence if necessary, they are an organ of the state.

Apparently they got you to believe otherwise because they obfuscate it with the charity crap.
My point is that it is not government making decisions concerning medical matters.
If not the state who else is going to enforce the rule of law?
I know certain lolbergs believe in some kind of benevolant anarchy but in the real world that's just not going to happen. Someone has to stand up for the rights of those who have no voice such as the child in this case.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:24 am

Would your analysis of the case be any different if the patient were a lucid and competent 25-year old UK citizen (who wanted alternative treatment in the US as opposed to hospice death) instead of an infant?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:34 am

Fife wrote:Would your analysis of the case be any different if the patient were a lucid and competent 25-year old UK citizen (who wanted alternative treatment in the US as opposed to hospice death) instead of an infant?
Every case is different and should be judged on it's own merits.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:41 am

OK, judge that one.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:45 am

I'll leave it to the experts, ie doctors, if that's okay with you.
If you want a good chestnut Wellington recipe I'm your man.