Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Penner

Re: Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Post by Penner » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:56 pm

So, I just saw this thread and I would say that no, I do not want all political opponent dead or even in prison (both are pretty insane to think about it). Also, everyone needs their opponents because at least the other side will try to keep the other side in check once they try to take over all branches of government.

BjornP

Re: Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Post by BjornP » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:39 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:26 pm
BjornP wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 pm
Would it be easier for my own political beliefs to become realized, if fewer people who'd object to them, were alive?

Of course.

Would I want them killed, though? No. But naturally, it would be easier to get things done if there are fewer dissenting voices. That’s logical.

Sounds boring, though. Too easy. Wits ought to be sharpened by competition from time to time.
It's a simple question to ask whether or not people of your persuasion find the removal of people of an alien persuasion to be beneficial to yourselves. Collectively. The harder question would be the why, or the how. As for the how, I cannot say what exactly needs to be done. I propose fighting fire with fire. Game Theory dictates that a group working towards disparate ends will always lose to the cohesive, single minded group. As for the why, I should hope that self preservation would warrant a good enough motivation.
Self-preservation is ultimately the justification for lethal action against political opponents. If they actually threaten your life or freedom. And by actual threat, I mean by force of arms. Not by simply existing and them wailing in your general direction.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:49 pm

We seem to have a consensus that killing political opponents is not something were in favor of across the board. Yeah, I know, amazingly we agree on something.

To me, this is why talking about politicals is great, and should be promoted. I reject the old line of never talk about politics and religion.

If we take a moment, we realize that we have far more in common than different.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:14 am

Wait for it...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:46 am

Is this what happened to Doug?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:54 am

Go ahead boys. You're cute.

I speaking from a position of power. Deny the olive branch if you want.

I have something for you.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:01 am

I thought you were just channeling Jo Cox.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:33 am

BjornP wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:39 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
BjornP wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 pm
Would it be easier for my own political beliefs to become realized, if fewer people who'd object to them, were alive?

Of course.

Would I want them killed, though? No. But naturally, it would be easier to get things done if there are fewer dissenting voices. That’s logical.

Sounds boring, though. Too easy. Wits ought to be sharpened by competition from time to time.
It's a simple question to ask whether or not people of your persuasion find the removal of people of an alien persuasion to be beneficial to yourselves. Collectively. The harder question would be the why, or the how. As for the how, I cannot say what exactly needs to be done. I propose fighting fire with fire. Game Theory dictates that a group working towards disparate ends will always lose to the cohesive, single minded group. As for the why, I should hope that self preservation would warrant a good enough motivation.
Self-preservation is ultimately the justification for lethal action against political opponents. If they actually threaten your life or freedom. And by actual threat, I mean by force of arms. Not by simply existing and them wailing in your general direction.
So are actual Swedes at that point yet?

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:38 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:49 pm
I reject the old line of never talk about politics and religion. If we take a moment, we realize that we have far more in common than different.
+1. I cannot discuss politics with my friends, though. Nerd & I align pretty closely politically, but he doesn't like to talk about it like I do. 'Tis why I forum.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:31 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:33 am
BjornP wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:39 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:

So are actual Swedes at that point yet?
No. When I'm justifying the use of deadly force against people who threaten your life or freedom, I am not referring to petty criminals. Probably should have written life AND freedom instead, but I thought I'd made that whole "threats to one's way of life require more than just a criminal presence" point so many times over the years, I figured I didn't need to repeat myself.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.