Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

heydaralon

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by heydaralon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:35 pm

DBTrek wrote:The anti-Conservative.
The “Goverment please control our lives down to the video game pricing level” dude.

Some people just can’t handle freedom.
The same people constantly trying to strip it from the rest of us.

Ridiculous.
Think about the children! What about the microtransactions on Candy Crush though?
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by heydaralon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm getting really tired of dangerous companies putting the lives of children in danger. It says on the Draino bottle keep out of reach of children, and DANGER! POISON! But you guys are kidding yourselves if you think that parents will store that properly. How do we know if the children aren't drinking the draino? How do we know that the children aren't finding recipes for Draino online and making it themselves with household ingredients? We can't know, and for this I propose I propose a government agency that will install cameras in everyone's kitchen, watching the sink to make sure that children stay away from the dangerous chemicals. We also need to have government workers patrolling houses and doing random inspections to make sure the Draino is secured in a thumbprint safe.
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:43 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

It asks you flat out in the beginning who this is for. You enter a child and you have to connect it to your main account. You control everything about your child's account.
Yes, and you seriously think most parents will? I got a bridge to sell you if you think parents are going to keep tabs on their children that way... They already allow kids that are barely teenagers to play GTA 5... you think they are going to want to deal with being parents in that way?

Oh, wait... you think the parents actually will be parents and give a shit? BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Pfft! BHAHAHAH!

I worked at GameStop, you are fucking kidding yourself if you think the parents know what their kids are getting into. 99% of them buy the games to placate the kid, they don't care what the game does as long as it keeps them out of the parent's hair. I can almost guarantee that those parents that don't give a damn, don't also have their kids on restrictive accounts either.
“Parents aren’t doing their job, we need government to do it”.

And people call me a liberal.
Actually, if the government did the job it was meant to originally, this wouldn't be an issue. These kinds of practices are already covered under US law...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:48 pm

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Yes, and you seriously think most parents will? I got a bridge to sell you if you think parents are going to keep tabs on their children that way... They already allow kids that are barely teenagers to play GTA 5... you think they are going to want to deal with being parents in that way?

Oh, wait... you think the parents actually will be parents and give a shit? BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Pfft! BHAHAHAH!

I worked at GameStop, you are fucking kidding yourself if you think the parents know what their kids are getting into. 99% of them buy the games to placate the kid, they don't care what the game does as long as it keeps them out of the parent's hair. I can almost guarantee that those parents that don't give a damn, don't also have their kids on restrictive accounts either.

Actually, if the government did the job it was meant to originally, this wouldn't be an issue. These kinds of practices are already covered under US law...
Not sure that there's a law about charging for extra features... You could legally be charged for 3D glasses at a theater, or pepperoni on a pizza. I mean, nobody wants to eat pizza without toppings, but it's not illegal to upcharge for them.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:50 pm

The Conservative wrote:
What Grumpy said -

Please find the law that says extras are illegal. LMAO....

I'm sorry, it doesn't come with cheese sauce and it's illegal to sell you some, so, NO CHEESE SAUCE FOR YOU!
Account abandoned.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:52 pm

I would be very surprised if TC was a gamer. He knows nothing about video games, and the only way he can beat games is by cheating with Loot Crate add ons. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if he's never played a video game in his life. Seems like a total poseur to me.
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:05 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Not sure that there's a law about charging for extra features... You could legally be charged for 3D glasses at a theater, or pepperoni on a pizza. I mean, nobody wants to eat pizza without toppings, but it's not illegal to upcharge for them.
First off:
http://mashable.com/2017/10/12/esrb-loo ... U_X8Z5Akqn

Secondly:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comme ... _gambling/

When the community themselves call it as they see it, there is an issue. Also, the gaming companies have already bypassed laws, those that are out there, we are being told that it's not their responsibility, that in English, they are stating that they would rather kick the can than actually solve the issue.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:09 pm

OMG! You just posted why it is NOT gambling. (And, haha, they used my example as their example.)
"ESRB does not consider loot boxes to be gambling," it told Kotaku. "While there’s an element of chance in these mechanics, the player is always guaranteed to receive in-game content (even if the player unfortunately receives something they don’t want). We think of it as a similar principle to collectible card games: Sometimes you’ll open a pack and get a brand new holographic card you’ve had your eye on for a while. But other times you’ll end up with a pack of cards you already have."
Ok, great. Thanks for proving the rest of us right. You done real good.
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:10 pm

heydaralon wrote:I would be very surprised if TC was a gamer. He knows nothing about video games, and the only way he can beat games is by cheating with Loot Crate add ons. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if he's never played a video game in his life. Seems like a total poseur to me.
https://account.xbox.com/Profile?Gamert ... atorMorsus

Message me, and I'll respond.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Kath wrote:OMG! You just posted why it is NOT gambling. (And, haha, they used my example as their example.)
"ESRB does not consider loot boxes to be gambling," it told Kotaku. "While there’s an element of chance in these mechanics, the player is always guaranteed to receive in-game content (even if the player unfortunately receives something they don’t want). We think of it as a similar principle to collectible card games: Sometimes you’ll open a pack and get a brand new holographic card you’ve had your eye on for a while. But other times you’ll end up with a pack of cards you already have."
Ok, great. Thanks for proving the rest of us right. You done real good.
Read the rest, ERSB has failed as an entity for well over a decade, they are as corrupt as any other government entity, with no one overlooking their logic. The ERSB has failed incorrectly rating and defining games for longer than I can remember. The fact you trust the ERSB says volumes.
#NotOneRedCent