London Tower Fire

SuburbanFarmer

Re: London Tower Fire

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 am

But... which one of the people involved was a Muslim??
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:39 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:But... which one of the people involved was a Muslim??

Yeah, that's the problem. It doesn't seem like any Muslims did it, so there will be riots and demands that the government do something to prevent this in the future..

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:52 am

The Trumpsters have a point, when it's anybody other than a designated victim class who is responsible, the Left demands that we all surrender our rights and hand them a motherlode of taxes to solve the problem by central planning, but if a Leftist designated victim class is responsible, that's our fault too because we just didn't make them feel comfortable enough by fawning over them or what have you, so they blew themselves up, but there's nothing to be done for it, because national security is not a Leftist sacred cow.

Tell you what tho, if the military was unionized, NATO would have 50 million troops on parade with a 50 trillion dollar budget.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:20 am

Meanwhile by the way, the UK has over 5 million public sector employees and a non military budget of almost a trillion dollars, yet even though this Leftist public sector unionized leviathan claims to be the great lovers and benefactors of the filthy mostly immigrant poor, they couldn't be bothered to inspect this building even once in almost five years. Mmmhmm.

Tell you what tho, if the non unionized British Army was tasked to do it, it would be inspected from top to bottom first thing in the morning every single day, and that would be done by a single Lance Corporal, who, would remain at his post unless and until relieved, without fail, unto death as necessary

But of course the Lefties will cry that the problem is too much spending on the military, which, in the face of the trillion dollar public sector unionized leviathan, is a comparatively paltry $47 billion.

At some point, it's not going to be a case of having to impose martial law, on this trajectory, the public will be demanding it, fleeing to the protection of the British Army, just to get away from the utter dysfunction being propagated by the public sector unions and their entrenched interest sacred cows.

If I'm in the UK and it's a life and death choice between a public sector unionized employee will come and deal with that for you vs. a Royal Marine Commando will come and deal with that for you, I know who I am hoping shows up, never mind that the Corporal is the only one of the two who is even reliable to show up in the event of a life and death problem, even if the problem have nothing to do with military action, better aid to the civil power than civil power to you're aid, wot?
Nec Aspera Terrent

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fife wrote:More like a "fuck really bad ideas" agenda.
How about a stop trying to be all things to all people bloated public sector leviathan which is now so creaking under its fatuous complexity that it can throw a man in jail for posting a picture on the internet at the same time it is failing to pass simple legislation to outlaw towering inferno kindling agenda?

"Wot, flammable cladding? Well we'll make a recommendation on that, file that under nice to know, oh but post something which makes us look bad on the internet and we'll deep six you into an extrajudicial blackhole..."
Covering an entire building with flammable insulation is really a type of evil, is it not? To save (back of envelope here) 0.002% of the total costs, what the Hell do I call that? Having an 24 story, 120 unit apartment block with only one entrance, no sprinklers, and no emergency escapes, is illegal in California, and I think the entire United States.

What happened was in no way, unpredictable. At all. It's like earthquake regulations in California. Every few decades along comes an earthquake that kills some people in some new way, and whoopsie, we need another regulation to cover that! Earthquake regulations here have no resistance from anybody regardless of political beliefs. Just like earthquakes here, fires have always happened everywhere, and if you want nightmare fuel, just do a little research on fire disasters. There are plenty of disasters that were the impetus for the creation of each fire safety regulation. I do not understand how unions, or public sector bloat, got into the conversation, or even connects with the fire.

I do see how corruption, stupidity, carelessness, and greed gets into though.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:28 pm

The state bureaucracy does not give a shit about human life. Never did. Never will.

This is why many of us oppose the welfare state and instead support something designed to get people out of dependency and to not create the poverty in the first place (i.e. stop bringing ever more people into our nations).

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:40 pm

jbird4049 wrote:Covering an entire building with flammable insulation is really a type of evil, is it not? To save (back of envelope here) 0.002% of the total costs, what the Hell do I call that? Having an 24 story, 120 unit apartment block with only one entrance, no sprinklers, and no emergency escapes, is illegal in California, and I think the entire United States.

What happened was in no way, unpredictable. At all. It's like earthquake regulations in California. Every few decades along comes an earthquake that kills some people in some new way, and whoopsie, we need another regulation to cover that! Earthquake regulations here have no resistance from anybody regardless of political beliefs. Just like earthquakes here, fires have always happened everywhere, and if you want nightmare fuel, just do a little research on fire disasters. There are plenty of disasters that were the impetus for the creation of each fire safety regulation. I do not understand how unions, or public sector bloat, got into the conversation, or even connects with the fire.

I do see how corruption, stupidity, carelessness, and greed gets into though.
Great, so shit happens, and there's nothing the Leftist public sector unionized government actually could and/or would do to prevent it, so we can cut the public sector unionized employees by at least 80%, toss their pensions overboard, and when they inevitably riot about it, have the army shoot them and/or drive them into prison camps. Alls I'm sayun', yo.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Shit. Could you enlist just for the riots?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Operation Pinochet Freedom; fetch the helicopters, no rope required.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:54 pm

I am so glad to see that we have all come back around to the sensible position that talking about political violence doesn't actually make you complicit in the political violence committed by a stranger. ;)
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen