FOX News is Next

TheReal_ND

Re: Fox News is Next

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 26, 2017 7:50 am

Martin Hash wrote:
kybkh wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Personally I think Hannity is a stinking turd, but why are they going after him? Does Fox News not like him anymore?
I concur, Hannity is a shill 100%. Not someone I would defend for anything other than political convenience.
Dude, that's the other side. As far as I can tell, there is no one other major Conservative news organ. Conservative YouTubers have been targeted too.

Remember that $billion Never-Trump campaign? It's probably up to 3 or 4 $billion now.
Well another thing is that it was always like it is now. FOX is the exception, not the rule. Really Rush kicked off an era of conservative media that never existed before. I never really watched FOX and never considered them very conservative but it was kind of their schtick to act like they were. Remember "Fair and balanced"? That was actually probably a smooth troll of the liberal media. It certainly worked as it got libtards to scoff everytime they heard the phrase.

DBTrek

Re: FOX News is Next

Post by DBTrek » Fri May 26, 2017 8:03 am

This is where conservatives repeatedly lose.
They play the short game.

The left knows they can lose today's election because they're taking over the school system and the media. When the current batch of dinosaurs die off there will only be one narrative, and it will be a double shot of Berkeley style education and MSNBC reporting.

Gotta play the long game to win, and conservatives just don't do it.
(So you better hold on to the military, guys, it's all you got left)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Ph64

Re: Fox News is Next

Post by Ph64 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:06 am

C-Mag wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
kybkh wrote: I concur, Hannity is a shill 100%. Not someone I would defend for anything other than political convenience.
Dude, that's the other side. As far as I can tell, there is no one other major Conservative news organ. Conservative YouTubers have been targeted too.

Remember that $billion Never-Trump campaign? It's probably up to 3 or 4 $billion now.
Hannity himself is not worth defending. But he seems to represent the last big name opposition voice on TV.

There will be something new develop, probably live streaming news, which is where the medium is headed anywhere.
While I agree, the problem comes in when mainstream globalist corporations like Google do things like demonetize "objectionable" (always a relative term) content... and setting up your own streaming service on a large scale can get expensive... then you have to rely on viewer donations - like DC to a degree, or Rubin Report, Sargon of Akkad, etc.

There has to be a financial model that keeps your business going - and look at ESPN, as they've lost out on 'cord cutters' and the decline of the 'huge bundle of channels' from cable they've suffered hugely (apparently the market of overweight couch potatoes willing to pay to watch grown men run around a field making $millions, while the average viewer's income falls to where they can't afford beer if they want ESPN and those $million athletes - or the beer wins and they drop ESPN is more likely :D )...

...hopefully there's enough people willing to pay for decent alternatives to MSM.

... and then again, all it takes is a wikileaks type ban from PayPal, Patreon, etc, to hurt non-MSM outlets financially.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 26, 2017 8:10 am

DBTrek wrote:This is where conservatives repeatedly lose.

The left knows they can lose today's election because they're taking over the school system and the media. When the current batch of dinosaurs die off there will only be one narrative, and it will be a double shot of Berkeley style education and MSNBC reporting.

What would be a good long game strategy for conservatives atm? If they can get a justice or 2 in the supreme court that would go a long way for them.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 26, 2017 8:15 am

DBTrek wrote:This is where conservatives repeatedly lose.

+1

You are exactly right. Now, Steve Bannon knows this, and has talked about it. But the Establishment is worming it's way through the Trump Administration to neuter Bannon's influence.

I've said it before. Trump isn't going to turn back the clock and reset us back to pre-Woodrow Wilson Central Planning or even back to the days of Reagan. He does however stall the march to the Globalist Central Planning SJW Nanny State.

The 4th Turning says the Next Generation will push it back on their own. So we get to watch and see.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri May 26, 2017 8:17 am

Supreme court is a good battleground to win.

Gotta get back into education. Education is focused on the criticism of American systems and history. There needs to be an equal amount of attention paid to the praising of American systems and history. Slavery, yes - but also Emancipation and Civil Rights. Eradication of the native populace, yes - but also free market industrialization that pulled humanity out of serfdom and made modern life possible. If you want to teach the ills of capitalism, then teach the ills of communism, mercantilism, and feudalism as well so students get a side by side comparison. If you want to teach the struggles of minorities in America, then contrast that with the struggles of the same minorities outside of America so there is context to the criticism.

Teach the truth.

The media . . . well, as long as there's a relatively free internet conservatives can lose that one. Let the left grab to Paleolithic big media, but by Jove you've got to grab the YouTube/Instagram new media.

That would be where I'd start trying to win the long game.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 26, 2017 8:22 am

And this is why we don't have cable TV in our house...
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 26, 2017 8:25 am

DBTrek wrote:Supreme court is a good battleground to win.

Gotta get back into education. Education is focused on the criticism of American systems and history. There needs to be an equal amount of attention paid to the praising of American systems and history. Slavery, yes - but also Emancipation and Civil Rights. Eradication of the native populace, yes - but also free market industrialization that pulled humanity out of serfdom and made modern life possible. If you want to teach the ills of capitalism, then teach the ills of communism, mercantilism, and feudalism as well so students get a side by side comparison. If you want to teach the struggles of minorities in America, then contrast that with the struggles of the same minorities outside of America so there is context to the criticism.

Teach the truth.

The media . . . well, as long as there's a relatively free internet conservatives can lose that one. Let the left grab to Paleolithic big media, but by Jove you've got to grab the YouTube/Instagram new media.

That would be where I'd start trying to win the long game.
Isn't that already happening to an extent? There are lots of right wing youtube channels and social media platforms that have emerged in the last few years. I'm not sure its a monolithic coordinated event, but it does seem like many on the right have begun utilizing these new tools.
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri May 26, 2017 8:26 am

Sure.
Everyone has started utilizing the internet.
I would ask you what platform conservatives control?
I would submit Twitter, FaceBook, Reddit, and Tumblr as platforms liberals control.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 26, 2017 8:28 am

The biggest thing that Trump can do is go on the offensive.......... go on the offensive HARD.
If reporters are collaborating with folks and getting classified info, then reporting it. Fully apply the full weight of the law on them.

The press is so badly over the top prejudiced against Trump they are vulnerable, plenty of places for Trump to go on the offensive.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience