Another Reason the Wall is Dumb

Penner

Re: Another Reason the Wall is Dumb

Post by Penner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Fife wrote:Get in here Kelo lovers. Tell us how building the Wall is just like shitting out a few new carriers for our (gasp) depleted fleet.

"If you will the wall, Dude, it is no dream."

Potential pitfalls of building Trump’s Great Wall of eminent domain

Other recent polls reach similar results, such as a Pew Research survey that found 62 percent in opposition to the wall. When and if the takings start, and media attention focuses on victims with sympathetic stories like those of the property owners in the Kelo case, opposition might rise still further.

Dumbest government boondoggle project in history.
The property pitfall was the same pitfall that the Bush Administration had when building their own wall, like 10 years ago. Oh, I love how little we remember things like that.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:31 pm

But... it's a Conservative thing to do. How can we pursue fiscal responsibility without throwing aircraft carriers at a non-existent problem?

Face it. The GOP has finally gotten their due for pandering to the Trailer Parliament.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:59 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:But... it's a Conservative thing to do. How can we pursue fiscal responsibility without throwing aircraft carriers at a non-existent problem?

Face it. The GOP has finally gotten their due for pandering to the Trailer Parliament.
You know that Mexico isn't going to pay for that Wall and we will just end up with even more debt. But at least the party that is supposedly the "fiscal" party will be able to throw more money at something that won't end nor slow down the illegals coming into here.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:01 pm

Penner wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:But... it's a Conservative thing to do. How can we pursue fiscal responsibility without throwing aircraft carriers at a non-existent problem?

You know that Mexico isn't going to pay for that Wall and we will just end up with even more debt. But at least the party that is supposedly the "fiscal" party will be able to throw more money at something that won't end nor slow down the illegals coming into here.
Of course. Should be fun to watch the tears flow over it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:02 pm

I feel like the current political theater isn't going to stop people talking about the Wall and how great it's going to be. But at least we will get more theater- well at least something that isn't Russian related.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:06 pm

Anyway, I should be perfectly honest in one respect. The Rio Grande moves every few years. I'm not sure that the ranchers down there are going to be happy if half of their property is walled off because the wall requires land that doesn't move.

I honestly have no idea how that would play out.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Yeah, I can't see them wanting to build over the water and they will probably use the river as a natural border between US and Mexico (which is what we currently already have been doing for roughly 200 years).

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:18 pm

It's dried up most years.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Penner wrote:Yeah, I can't see them wanting to build over the water and they will probably use the river as a natural border between US and Mexico (which is what we currently already have been doing for roughly 200 years).
You ain't from around here, are you?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:08 pm

Penner wrote:Yeah, I can't see them wanting to build over the water and they will probably use the river as a natural border between US and Mexico (which is what we currently already have been doing for roughly 200 years).

:lol:

This is the Rio Grande: