Dallas DA says he will allow theft

Speaker to Animals

Re: Dallas DA says he will allow theft

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 pm

The problem is that you have to enforce laws uniformly across a jurisdiction. The rampant lawlessness we see today signals political disintegration. Deal with motives in sentencing. Deal with social and economic dysfunction at the policy level.

Ex-California

Re: Dallas DA says he will allow theft

Post by Ex-California » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:43 am

Kath wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:02 am
California wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:35 am
Its probably because of the financial strain it puts on the courts and prisons, but what does that say about our court and prison spending when we won't even protect the fundamental right of property anymore?

I mean, all that really matter is "don't hurt people, don't take their stuff" and the "don't take their stuff" is out the window if its cheap
An open invitation to steal $750 worth of food is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard a prosecutor say. If that's truly policy, it should be an honor don't offer type of thing. He basically told all the criminals in Dallas to go get their free stuff. I predict a mass closure of grocery stores in Dallas, or they will simply stop carrying the items the DA has on the "won't prosecute," list. Paying customers are going to be pissed when the stores no longer carry formula & baby diapers, because they keep walking out the door.

Can a criminal just walk in with a cart, grab $300 worth of stuff and walk out without paying? I'm guessing there's some sort of phrase they need to tell the staff on the way out, "Hey, I only have $300 worth of stuff, so no need to call the cops."
Well, on a positive note we can just see shop owners and people taking the law into their own hands. I, for one, salute and encourage this type of behavior
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session