How would modern progressives react to . . .

DBTrek

How would modern progressives react to . . .

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Just a thought exercise. How do you suppose modern progressives, democrats, and leftists of all stripes would react to this iconic photo today:

It's something I was randomly pondering, and I realized I didn't have an answer. Obviously, for me (being alive at the time) I remember Americans largely reacting to it positively. It symbolized the little guy, standing up to the oppressive Government of Communist China. A defiant individual throwing a wrench in the works of State power.

But that was a different time, and a different America.

So how would they view this same event if it happened today - I wonder.

Thoughts?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Re: How would modern progressives react to . . .

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Probably the same way that you did, until they learned that the tanks rolled over that guy, and killed an estimated 100,000 student protesters.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:08 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:56 pm
Probably the same way that you did, until they learned that the tanks rolled over that guy, and killed an estimated 100,000 student protesters.
They’d be in a bit of a pickle, bemoaning a minor, partial-Government shutdown here while cheering on the Chinese guy doing his own one-man government shutdown there.

I also suspect that the younger generation feels more warm and fuzzy about China than my generation. China has more even wealth distribution, believes in censorship, and since they’ve imprisoned or marginalized the very few minorities there, not much inter-racial strife.

I hope you’re right, and their little SJW hearts would swell with pride as they saw a lone soon-to-be-deadman halting a line of tanks. I just have my doubts.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:10 pm

How would NPCs even know it happened? MSM is bought by the PRC now. They would not show it, or they would heavily spin it.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:11 pm

“Tank Man” was not killed. The tanks stopped. There are further pictures of him walking past the tanks and down the street.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:18 pm

I thought they drove around him.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:11 pm
“Tank Man” was not killed. The tanks stopped. There are further pictures of him walking past the tanks and down the street.
Wait what? This is the gayest redpill ever

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:43 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
What type of idocy and fake fucking news is this? Tank man was not ran over by those tanks he was pulled off the road either by other protesters or the police and estimates were 11000 at most. Man you really are a fucking idiot.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:10 pm
How would NPCs even know it happened? MSM is bought by the PRC now. They would not show it, or they would heavily spin it.
Yeah and google would censor the shit out of it.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:57 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:08 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
They’d be in a bit of a pickle, bemoaning a minor, partial-Government shutdown here while cheering on the Chinese guy doing his own one-man government shutdown there.

I also suspect that the younger generation feels more warm and fuzzy about China than my generation. China has more even wealth distribution, believes in censorship, and since they’ve imprisoned or marginalized the very few minorities there, not much inter-racial strife.

I hope you’re right, and their little SJW hearts would swell with pride as they saw a lone soon-to-be-deadman halting a line of tanks. I just have my doubts.
I do too, they would whine about him not being killed and his straight cis privilege.