How would modern progressives react to . . .

heydaralon

Re: How would modern progressives react to . . .

Post by heydaralon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Otern wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:34 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:11 pm
“Tank Man” was not killed. The tanks stopped. There are further pictures of him walking past the tanks and down the street.
"Tank Man" disappeared after the event. The tanks drove around him, he walked away, got picked up by the police, and his identity is still not known.

Maybe he got a stern talking to, maybe he got killed. We don't know.
Some Chinese party boss is probably enjoying tank man's liver. Another, has his kidneys...
Shikata ga nai

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:22 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:36 pm
Otern wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:11 pm
“Tank Man” was not killed. The tanks stopped. There are further pictures of him walking past the tanks and down the street.
"Tank Man" disappeared after the event. The tanks drove around him, he walked away, got picked up by the police, and his identity is still not known.

Some Chinese party boss is probably enjoying tank man's liver. Another, has his kidneys...
Why does it matter, is what I'm wondering. They killed 10,000 during that event.

Guess that goes to show the power of photos, to think that guy in particular is more important than the other 10,000.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:22 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Otern wrote:

Why does it matter, is what I'm wondering. They killed 10,000 during that event.

Guess that goes to show the power of photos, to think that guy in particular is more important than the other 10,000.
To 90% of Americans, he was the only civilian there. They have no idea what it was even about.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:48 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm
jediuser598 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

To 90% of Americans, he was the only civilian there. They have no idea what it was even about.
Know what's funny? And this is a tangent. I don't think that the more right leaning members of this board know that there are individual liberals on this board, more they just reply to us thinking either that we're the same person or that we hold the same views.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:06 am

You can't be an individual liberal there is no such thing. That would basically make you a libertarian. There is no political party built around worshipping your own butthole.... rather there is and it's the entire USA.

Liberals in the classic context were violent and collective in their aims to overthrow the aristocrscy and collectively bargain on behalf of the working class. That is literally what the liberation in liberal means. I'm simply pointing out that the very concept of being an "individual liberal" is anachronistic and historically absurd.

Otern

Post by Otern » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:50 am

jediuser598 wrote:

The image is what made him more important, as most people in the west would have no concept of the events, if not for the image. 10 000 is just a number, when we don't know any of the 10 000, but the image can't really be ignored.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 am

"Journalism"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:34 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:48 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm
jediuser598 wrote:

Know what's funny? And this is a tangent. I don't think that the more right leaning members of this board know that there are individual liberals on this board, more they just reply to us thinking either that we're the same person or that we hold the same views.
Yeah, we’ve argued about it. You’ll notice that most right-leaning people here start braying about The Left in response to a poster, while the left-leaning posters respond to them as individuals.

Says a lot, when you think about it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:06 am
You can't be an individual liberal there is no such thing. That would basically make you a libertarian. There is no political party built around worshipping your own butthole.... rather there is and it's the entire USA.

Liberals in the classic context were violent and collective in their aims to overthrow the aristocrscy and collectively bargain on behalf of the working class. That is literally what the liberation in liberal means. I'm simply pointing out that the very concept of being an "individual liberal" is anachronistic and historically absurd.
The political party you are searching for is the ultimate anti-liberal and anti-individual party, the Jacobins.

The 18th c. Jacobins and the Here & Now Jacobins were and aren't so worried about "aristocracy." They simply want to destroy Christ in order to restore their preferred way of life, where the intellectually retarded and physically lazy are the slave masters.