I Am the Least Racist Person You Know

DBTrek

Re: I Am the Least Racist Person You Know

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: Yeah, we should just gas the disabled because Heir Tittenfuhror over here is unhappy with his life choices and doesn't like that they don't have to work.
Or ... we could disenfranchise the productive “civilization killers” and watch the disabled simply starve as a direct consequence of their own stupidity.

That would be a satisfying bit of irony, eh?
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:59 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: Yeah, we should just gas the disabled because Heir Tittenfuhror over here is unhappy with his life choices and doesn't like that they don't have to work.
Or ... we could disenfranchise the productive “civilization killers” and watch the disabled simply starve as a direct consequence of their own stupidity.

That would be a satisfying bit of irony, eh?
:lol:

Or.. you know.. we could treat those women as our equals and expect them to be accountable adults who own the consequences of their own decisions, and have to face criticism when they do stupid shit like cast votes for a presidential candidate in large numbers based upon that candidate's genitals. :whistle:

Or we can just do what you do and treat them as adult children who constantly need to be saved by those dastardly men who dare to treat women no differently than they treat men. *shudder the thought*

Personal attack on my status as a "man" or my disability in 3... 2... 1... :dance:
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Here's a couple hundred more. We wouldn't have advanced as far as we have without women contributing a great deal. It's disingenuous to say it was all white men.

I'm sure that Asians would take exception with your premise as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_women_inventors

I'd also like you to consider the ethnicity of the creators of civilization, numbers, tools, written law, Christianity, surgery... that all started with non-white people.
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Kath wrote:Here's a couple hundred more. We wouldn't have advanced as far as we have without women contributing a great deal. It's disingenuous to say it was all white men.

I'd also like you to consider the ethnicity of the creators of civilization, numbers, tools, written law, Christianity, surgery... that all started with non-white people.

Who's premise?

I agree that women are capable of contributing to society. They weren't allowed to do that in large numbers until the 1960s. You realize that, right? If you want to see what women can accomplish, you have to look at contemporary cutting-edge science, but most of that is impenetrable to the average Wikipedia consumer. Hell, the stuff in the natural sciences, especially in things vaccine research are pretty much magic-talk to me.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Kath wrote:Here's a couple hundred more. We wouldn't have advanced as far as we have without women contributing a great deal. It's disingenuous to say it was all white men.

Again, never said it was all White Men. The list is still tiny compared to White Men. Women are not under attack for any host of crazy things. Creating racism, gender inequality, bigotry. Because when you look around the world and history. White men as the primary leaders of Western civilization have been fucking saints compared to the rest. So, why the push to Get Even with White Men, because that's what is being promoted.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:23 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Again, never said it was all White Men. The list is still tiny compared to White Men. Women are not under attack for any host of crazy things. Creating racism, gender inequality, bigotry. Because when you look around the world and history. White men as the primary leaders of Western civilization have been fucking saints compared to the rest. So, why the push to Get Even with White Men, because that's what is being promoted.
I'd also like you to consider the ethnicity of the creators of civilization, numbers, tools, written law, Christianity, surgery... that all started with non-white people
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Sure. And we could go into a big long debate or discussion that may very well be worthwhile, even fun about all of these advances, the wheel, domesticated grain, domesticated animals, the stirrup, powered mills, and on.

Most cultures around the world, even isolated ones came up with their own solutions to common problems of transportation, food production, laws, and medicine. But then almost universally cultures stagnate in advancement, Except European Culture that goes on steroids. Why?

I think there are a lot of theories out there, but no one has a perfect answer. Why did most all the cultures around the world stagnate at 9th to 14th Century technology, art and science ?
PLATA O PLOMO

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:44 pm

A woman invented peanut butter.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:50 pm

heydaralon wrote:A woman invented peanut butter.

But who invented the PBJ.
HMMMMM M
PLATA O PLOMO

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:03 pm

Henry Ford's wife invented the Model T

#stuffyoumissedinhistoryclass
Shikata ga nai