Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:15 pm

:lol:

But you do have them.

DBTrek

Re: I Am the Least Racist Person You Know

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote::lol:

But you do have them.
Sadly I can’t afford them, too busy subsidizing middle aged crybabies who can’t handle their biz, but want to handle the nation’s biz.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:20 pm

:lol:

Oh, shit, it's hilarious to watch you act like a passive-aggressive, bitchy woman.

But you do have the titties. I've seen your FB profile. :whistle:

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:25 pm

Oh, shit, it's hilarious to watch you act like a passive-aggressive, bitchy woman.

Says the liar who is in full blown “catty remarks” meltdown.
Watching you squirm so hard would be sad, if it weren’t also so amusing.

So who is paying for your food today, catman? Bad decision maker, white knight, or low IQ minority? Which of us have the honor of purchasing your pills this time?

;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:28 pm

We will see what happens if society continues to deteriorate. The less secure individuals become, be it financial or physical, the more our society will regress to the mean of security first.

An interesting aspect of our moment in history is that everything taking place within our societies is doing so with the threat of extreme violence up to and not excluding the use of nuclear weapons if societal norms are not upheld.

Some might say that nuclear weapons enable the level of degeneracy we see in society today because the traditional role of a warrior/protector is so less valued because of the relative safety provided by MAD.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:36 pm

DBTrek wrote:

Says the liar who is in full blown “catty remarks” meltdown.
Watching you squirm so hard would be sad, if it weren’t also so amusing.

So who is paying for your food today, catman? Bad decision maker, white knight, or low IQ minority? Which of us have the honor of purchasing your pills this time?

;)

Yeah, we should just gas the disabled because Heir Tittenfuhror over here is unhappy with his life choices and doesn't like that they don't have to work.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:36 pm

C-Mag wrote:It doesn't really matter if you look at 100 minutes ago, 100 years ago or 100 generations ago. History says when you compare all cultures, skin tones and genders, white males get more done, are more successful and create civilization.............. they are pretty good at destroying stuff too.
Women are all over history, contributing a great deal to the advancement of society.

Charles Babbage invented the first automatic calculating machine, but Ada Lovelace is the one who saw the true potential of what we now call computer. It was a woman who created the first business friendly software.

Marie Curie?

The women who did some of the heavy lifting, math wise, in getting the first astronauts into space? And they were black.

Damn, dude.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/11 ... 0dab3349e0
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Ada Lovelace was incredibly smart, but her role (and that of Babbage as well) is greatly overstated.

To get a modern programming language, you have to explicitly formulate context-free grammars and work out a lot of mathematics that weren't even conceived of until the 1940s.

The computer was mainly the theoretical invention of Turing and Von Neumann.

You could go back to Babbage and, before his time, Pascal who invented a calculator and really all you have are ideas of mathematical calculators (what we today would call a calculator). In those days, a computer was a man who calculated figures and statistics. So when Babbage spoke of a mechanical computer, he was speaking really of a mechanical calculator in our parlance.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Kath wrote:
C-Mag wrote:It doesn't really matter if you look at 100 minutes ago, 100 years ago or 100 generations ago. History says when you compare all cultures, skin tones and genders, white males get more done, are more successful and create civilization.............. they are pretty good at destroying stuff too.
Women are all over history, contributing a great deal to the advancement of society.

Charles Babbage invented the first automatic calculating machine, but Ada Lovelace is the one who saw the true potential of what we now call computer. It was a woman who created the first business friendly software.

Marie Curie?

The women who did some of the heavy lifting, math wise, in getting the first astronauts into space? And they were black.

Damn, dude.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/11 ... 0dab3349e0
I don't discount womens contributions to society.
I for one believe the old addage, 'Behind every great man, is a Great woman.' And that's not to say women need to stand behind men. What we need to figure out is the most successful way to go about life is generally a good, healthy, strong partnership between man and wife.

As to the 11 crucial inventions by women, yes, I accept that................ but if I wanted to list off crucial inventions of white men how long would the list be? That what I was saying in my original post on this. I can pick out contributions by every race, gender and religion.............. hell I can talk about the Islamic Golden Age. But when you look across time, White Males have done more for man than any other group and they treat people better as well. Make them the villains of history at your own risk.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:47 pm

That list reads more like "We were looking for a list that proves women are responsible for civilization, but all we could come up with are these 11 mostly irrelevant things".

You really need to look at what's happened in the past 40 years to make such a list, since before then, it was extremely rare for women to even be allowed to conduct serious research in a laboratory. But a lot of what women invent in science and engineering today is not really understood by most people, so it doesn't help much with the narrative.