Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

C-Mag

Re: Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

Post by C-Mag » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:33 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:13 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:10 pm
In 2008 Dan railed against Biden being anywhere near the Whitehouse. In 2020 Dan is voting for Joe Biden.
You've never changed your mind about something after a decade of experience?

Lord knows, I don't believe hardly anything I did in 2008 today - and the things I was most certain of then I am the most embarrassed by now. Maybe that is just me, though.
I never changed my core beliefs, support of the Constitution and Civil Liberties.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Dan’s delusional, and so is anybody who thinks like him.

p.s. I’m driving a Ferrari 488 Pista Spyder down the Oregon Coast today, Dan. What the fuck R U doing?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Dan Carlin lol.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:40 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:33 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:10 pm
In 2008 Dan railed against Biden being anywhere near the Whitehouse. In 2020 Dan is voting for Joe Biden.

Lord knows, I don't believe hardly anything I did in 2008 today - and the things I was most certain of then I am the most embarrassed by now. Maybe that is just me, though.
I never changed my core beliefs, support of the Constitution and Civil Liberties.
It must be nice to have been right about everything important from the start.

The rest of us low-info sheeple have to muddle rather more slowly towards good ideas.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:26 am

Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:40 pm
C-Mag wrote:

The rest of us low-info sheeple have to muddle rather more slowly towards good ideas.
I probably more than anyone on this board admit when I'm wrong.

Claiming you are a Constitutionalist and calling for people to lose their voting rights for wrong think
in the same show is not a shift of opinion it's political hackery.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:47 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:26 am
C-Mag wrote:

Claiming you are a Constitutionalist and calling for people to lose their voting rights for wrong think
Weren't you just saying 'Zlaxer for Chief Justice' in t'other thread after your boy said something to the effect of 'fuck the constitution, it's worthless?'

I am pretty sure we all flirt with the dangerous but comforting idea that we can somehow keep the very stupid and misguided from voting - few of us really follow through. A little venting on a message board or a podcast is forgivable.

I certainly don't believe you've abandoned constitutionalism.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:49 am

Dan outlines his wishes for global trade, and outlines every step he thinks should be taken in Common Sense 236 - Trapped by the Inflexible Mind. Trump has done just about everything he said back then. When Trump came down the escalator and started talking about how crappy NAFTA and the WTO were, I thought, "Dan's Outsider has arrived."

I hated Trump back then, just because he was some irritating rich guy from a reality TV show my parents watched. But hearing what he said, I was shocked how it was aligning with what I wanted, and what Dan had said the country needed.

But now he's like, "Duopoly is better, lol. I'mma paywall my old episodes to obscure my historical record on this issue. Forum? Lol. Eat shit, DCFers. I'mma get dat Soros money."

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:50 am

Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:47 am
C-Mag wrote:

Weren't you just saying 'Zlaxer for Chief Justice' in t'other thread after your boy said something to the effect of 'fuck the constitution, it's worthless?'

I am pretty sure we all flirt with the dangerous but comforting idea that we can somehow keep the very stupid and misguided from voting - few of us really follow through. A little venting on a message board or a podcast is forgivable.

C-Mag is smart enough to understand that if you're the only one clinging to the Constitution, and your enemies aren't, you're handicapping yourself. You can't have Constitutionalism unless everyone agrees to abide by the US Constitution.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:56 am

Xenophon wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:50 am
C-Mag wrote:

C-Mag is smart enough to understand that if you're the only one clinging to the Constitution, and your enemies aren't, you're handicapping yourself. You can't have Constitutionalism unless everyone agrees to abide by the US Constitution.
Yet that handicap preserves the entire purpose of your fight. Once you abandon it, there’s nothin left to actually fight for.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:56 am

Xenophon wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:50 am
C-Mag wrote:

I'm not smart enough to think my principles are only important or valuable if they are shared by my enemies.
HAIL!

-Hwen