Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

C-Mag

Re: Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:31 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:37 pm

If you paid a dollar for that "alien take" on politics, you got ripped off.
CNN, MSNBC, The View, and anyone clutching cardboard near a University campus will give you these hot takes and more, for free.
Whew, I can smell the Sizzle from here.

:clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:06 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:31 pm
DBTrek wrote:

CNN, MSNBC, The View, and anyone clutching cardboard near a University campus will give you these hot takes and more, for free.

It's heartbreaking that's for sure. My feeling is mostly like some kind of grief. I can't be mad at Dan. He went the same way as many others. I am sad and disappointed. It's like loosing an old friend to a religious cult.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:06 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:06 am
C-Mag wrote:
DBTrek wrote:

It's heartbreaking that's for sure. My feeling is mostly like some kind of grief. I can't be mad at Dan. He went the same way as many others. I am sad and disappointed. It's like loosing an old friend to a religious cult.

More like realizing your wife has been cheating on you for 12 years.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:18 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:06 am
C-Mag wrote:
DBTrek wrote:

I agree entirely. That's a good example, too. He's so infatuated with his new way of thinking that he is blind to his own inconsistency in thinking.

I was telling someone else this the other day. These older types who go full BLM/Antifa/Leftist are doing it because it allows them to LARP as the "radicals" they wanted to be in their youth. They aren't concerned with being ideologically consistent.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:15 am

An 'ideologically consistent' position isn't quite the same as a reasonable or moral position.

Dan's rejection of simplistic, majoritarian populism is a sign of wisdom, growth, and mental flexibility. :clap:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:27 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:15 am
An 'ideologically consistent' position isn't quite the same as a reasonable or moral position.

Dan's rejection of simplistic, majoritarian populism is a sign of wisdom, growth, and mental flexibility. :clap:
Did he have a simplistic, majoritarian populist position before?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:36 am

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:27 am
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:15 am

Did he have a simplistic, majoritarian populist position ahead of time?
He claims to have thought "let the people vote on it" was a clever debate check-mate. Sounds pretty simplistic, majoritarian, and populist.

We should be praising Dan for having the courage to publicly admit he was wrong, not excoriating him.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:38 am

Let's not forget why we are here at Martin's good graces. Dan nuked his whole forum because he thought he was on the precipice of stardom. 10 years of so of banter just erased. Dan never was the alien that he purported himself to be.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:46 am

Haumana wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:38 am
Let's not forget why we are here at Martin's good graces. Dan nuked his whole forum because he thought he was on the precipice of stardom. 10 years of so of banter just erased. Dan never was the alien that he purported himself to be.
Can you imagine Dan having to explain to some activist reporter his association with Nukedog?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:50 am

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:46 am
Haumana wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:38 am
Can you imagine Dan having to explain to some activist reporter his association with Nukedog?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0