GoG:: Now mostly going by *Rusty*

C-Mag

Re: GoG:: Now mostly going by *Rusty*

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:02 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:36 am
Good show Rust.
Yes.
Very timely. Tying together events of the past and the current events is great.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:15 pm

After recording I realize we barely talked about Holodomor 1932-33. How Stalin literally implement the starving time. The blocking of roads in an out, watch towers , informants etc. O well I think the gist was there but still we spent more time on the 1921 Lenin famine.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:53 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:15 pm
After recording I realize we barely talked about Holodomor 1932-33. How Stalin literally implement the starving time. The blocking of roads in an out, watch towers , informants etc. O well I think the gist was there but still we spent more time on the 1921 Lenin famine.
When you guys were talking about the causes of the Holodomor, there were about two minutes there where I though you were going all Carlin on me :lol: While I always feel like there is more blame to heap on the Commies, for the most part you did ok. You presented both sides, but you also included the background by means of letters from Lenin, that shows it's Communism, not Stalin. :clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:19 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:53 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
When you guys were talking about the causes of the Holodomor, there were about two minutes there where I though you were going all Carlin on me :lol: While I always feel like there is more blame to heap on the Commies, for the most part you did ok. You presented both sides, but you also included the background by means of letters from Lenin, that shows it's Communism, not Stalin. :clap:
Wouldn't think anyone would think I pull a Carlin lol. I just not go Fascist tier.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:04 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:19 pm
C-Mag wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
Wouldn't think anyone would think I pull a Carlin lol. I just not go Fascist tier.
It stuns me that Wikipedia states, the causes are up for debate.................. DEBATE, fuck you.
You made a great point noting that the Commies destroyed the industrial base of Imperial Russia, and then 20 years later rebuilt it. Largely through the Lend Lease program.

Zman has been hacking on Commies lately, and he makes a good point. All the Commies in charge were just preachers. They didn't actually know how to do anything. None of them ever worked a job, no one actually managed anything that led to production, so when they got in charge they had no idea how to get things done.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:06 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:04 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:19 pm
C-Mag wrote:

It stuns me that Wikipedia states, the causes are up for debate.................. DEBATE, fuck you.
Funny how the same people that makes that claim still are sure that the Bengal famine in 1943 was caused by Churchill's racism and the Irish potato famine was caused by the Britts.
No one talks about the Swedish famine of 1867–1869. Probably because it was caused by temporary climate change that can't be blamed on fossil fuel use.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:48 am

Bloody nuance, life's so much simpler when you can pretend everything is black and white.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:16 am

Exporting food while your population is starving will usually get you the blame for the whole thing.

It’s easier to slap that into a history book than ‘it was made worse when the overlords sold the food’.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:56 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:16 am
Exporting food while your population is starving will usually get you the blame for the whole thing.
not in the case of the Soviets nor Chinese

Mao for instance starved 40 million to death in four years, then the people themselves were blamed

it was called the Cultural Revolution

the Great Leap forward was a massive failure, then the population was punished for that
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:06 am

I would submit, what we are experiencing is in fact a civilizational collapse

the Western world is collapsing all at once, this is not limited to America

so if you're waiting for some "backlash" to save the West, via blaming the totalitarians ?

don't hold your breath, because the culture itself has become totalitarian, and culture is destiny

all you're going to have now is factions of different sorts of totalitarians vying for control

this is an age of wrong think, but there is no central authority to backlash against

there is no way to make this culture surrender on the deck of the battleship, because nobody is in command

the totalitarianism is adaptive, dispersed, leaderless, spontaneous, self replicating

the Information Age has ended the Modern World (1648-1988) and it's not coming back
Nec Aspera Terrent