GoG:: Now mostly going by *Rusty*

GloryofGreece

Re: GoG:: Now mostly going by *Rusty*

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:47 pm

Haumana wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:07 pm
Listening to your True Detectives podcast and it got me to rewatch season 1. Just because both are fresh in my mind, you guys didn't discuss the fact that the whole thing starts off on Rust's daughters birthday. That bit of foreshadowing seems to give context to the dark ambiance of the show.

Good stuff though, I am enjoying your content.
When did Rust say it was his daughters birthday? ...Episode 1? I didn't remember that. Interesting though. But I mean his daughter was run over in the culdesac /neighborhood in a kind of random non nefarious way but yeah he's in a dark place ever since really. Thanks for listening and im glad you like some of the shows.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:49 pm

I used a specific social media outlet to "promote" some episodes here and there but I'm not going to use social media again and haven't for weeks. Having said that its amazing that 20-25% of my downloads are international. Like from all over really. Japan, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Singapore, Germany etc. to name a few. Wild really.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:55 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:47 pm
Haumana wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:07 pm
Listening to your True Detectives podcast and it got me to rewatch season 1. Just because both are fresh in my mind, you guys didn't discuss the fact that the whole thing starts off on Rust's daughters birthday. That bit of foreshadowing seems to give context to the dark ambiance of the show.

Good stuff though, I am enjoying your content.
When did Rust say it was his daughters birthday? ...Episode 1? I didn't remember that. Interesting though. But I mean his daughter was run over in the culdesac /neighborhood in a kind of random non nefarious way but yeah he's in a dark place ever since really. Thanks for listening and im glad you like some of the shows.
Episode 1 4:45. "January the 3rd 1995, my daughter's birthday"
I only caught this because of your podcast and now I am really watching it again. How about a Fargo Season 1 show? Another epic anthology.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:55 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:49 pm
I used a specific social media outlet to "promote" some episodes here and there but I'm not going to use social media again and haven't for weeks. Having said that its amazing that 20-25% of my downloads are international. Like from all over really. Japan, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Singapore, Germany etc. to name a few. Wild really.
Well you got one from the 96717. ;)

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:31 pm

Haumana wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:55 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:49 pm
Well you got one from the 96717. ;)
I might do a show on BJ Penn. He was one of my heroes.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:34 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:31 pm
I might do a show on BJ Penn. He was one of my heroes.
Alright. BJ is a bit of an enigma that I haven't really done a deep dive in to yet.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Good show on psychology. Question: why does psychology/psychiatry so frequently off the rails? Asylums and Panopticons, brain electrocutions, lobotomies, peddling transgenderism to toddlers and school children, whole pharmacopeas of brain bending chemicals and hormones pushed on to kids and adults alike. It's just bananas. And when you look at how many people are these drugs it makes you wonder how we got here. Some 15-45% of women are on SSRIs, nearly half of them white women, good lord, were surrounded by drugged out crazy people.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:17 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:21 pm
Good show on psychology. Question: why does psychology/psychiatry so frequently off the rails? Asylums and Panopticons, brain electrocutions, lobotomies, peddling transgenderism to toddlers and school children, whole pharmacopeas of brain bending chemicals and hormones pushed on to kids and adults alike. It's just bananas. And when you look at how many people are these drugs it makes you wonder how we got here. Some 15-45% of women are on SSRIs, nearly half of them white women, good lord, were surrounded by drugged out crazy people.
Its our modern culture that's off the rails really and the pathologizing of normal behavior. Among other reasons for sure.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:23 pm

Never heard of Thomas Szasz. Some insightful shit tho

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:34 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:17 pm
Its our modern culture that's off the rails really and the pathologizing of normal behavior. Among other reasons for sure.

Rust be like