GloryofGreece

Re: GoG:: Now mostly going by *Rusty*

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:49 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:04 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:51 pm
Certain expressions or a specific thing I referenced?lol
Well you come off as pretty laid back and whatnot, but if I had to say why, I think it was when you said you're basically a hippie.
I'm a hippie that believes in order and right and wrong. If those exist.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:16 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:49 am
I'm a hippie that believes in order and right and wrong. If those exist.
I got nothing against hippies and there's different kinds anyway. I've known the type that just want to live in the woods, grow weed and shoot guns. That right up my alley really.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:18 am

Its a weird thing to be a literary guy and * spiritual * but prefer traditional folks to liberal progressive/ cosmopolitan types but I do. And bc im not a member of a evangelical or Presbyterian church or an ortho bros church etc and be spiritual people usually assume I'm like a new age astrology oatmeal cookie dude but I'm not quite that radical spiritually haha. My views or beliefs on God and mysticism are nuanced of course but my own.
Last edited by GloryofGreece on Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:24 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:18 am
Its a weird thing to be a literary guy and * spiritual * but prefer transitional folks to liberal progressive/ cosmopolitan types but I do.
I mean, its not that weird really. Probably describes nearly everyone on the forum.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:27 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:24 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Its a weird thing to be a literary guy and * spiritual * but prefer transitional folks to liberal progressive/ cosmopolitan types but I do.
I mean, its not that weird really. Probably describes nearly everyone on the forum.
Hear! Hear!
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:29 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:24 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Pretty much yeah. Welcome to the club lol
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:41 am

You know, I was thinking about your show on True Detective and I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about Rusty telling that woman to kill herself.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:19 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Its a weird thing to be a literary guy and * spiritual * but prefer traditional folks to liberal progressive/ cosmopolitan types but I do. And bc im not a member of a evangelical or Presbyterian church or an ortho bros church etc and be spiritual people usually assume I'm like a new age astrology oatmeal cookie dude but I'm not quite that radical spiritually haha. My views or beliefs on God and mysticism are nuanced of course but my own.
I never had any problem with cosmopolitan, I grew up in the inner city, I enjoyed the cosmopolitan lifestyle

thing is tho, the masses are not cosmopolitan anymore

if you go to the big cities now, they are far more Presbyterian

urbane city dwellers have become puritanical zealots, and that ain't cosmopolitan
Nec Aspera Terrent

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:01 pm

I think their is a sort of detached transient nature to the cosmo person that usually is off putting. The World of strangers in a 200k + city isn't for everyone but it's become how many people live and interact. Giant suburbs are a bit worse even to be honest. Having 10+ ethnicities and marriage customes clustered about one another works kinda if people are making good money or reliable income at least...take that away and well poof goes the cosmo * appeal*. The forum has talked endlessly about urban vs rural but the suburb is usually worse.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:02 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:41 am
You know, I was thinking about your show on True Detective and I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about Rusty telling that woman to kill herself.
Yeah that's an interesting interaction but it's quick and I think just one of many when they are remembering how they quit the police. His interrogation tactics were entertaining.