GoG:: Now mostly going by *Rusty*

doc_loliday

Re: GoG:: Now mostly going by *Rusty*

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:12 pm

On the gripes of length and rambling; consider Rogan. His podcasts are 3 hours, completely freewheeling and unedited and he's got the most popular podcast on the planet. But, he has different guests, so there's a variety of people, and most people aren't going to dominate the topic and go on endless tangents. Enter James LaFond. You have him on all the time and he is wont to talk for 25 minutes uninterrupted on every topic. I'd never heard of this guy before your show and am impressed by his breadth of knowledge, but it occurred to me quickly that this guy is not quite capable of holding back. And your comment about him unwilling to use a suggested software comes as no surprise to me. Don't get me wrong, I like listening to him for the most part, (I wish he'd give some evidence for his more contrarian/controversial claims), but it occurs to me that he's gonna do his thing. So if you think tangents and rambling are an issue, you're gonna have to get better at interjecting and steering the conversation somehow, let the show be, or not have JLF on so much. I'm not suggesting any one of those things, because I do like what he has to say, but you mentioned it being a problem.

Barrett is probably more amenable to dialing it back, he's got a bit more self awareness I think. Since I'm handing out criticism, I guess I'd say he's got a lot of youthful energy and excitement that can be a tad awkward; long laughs at things that aren't that funny for example. Anyway, I hope this is coming across as constructive, because again, I actually like the show. I am now listening to every episode and look forward to it.

I hope you get Darryl on, because he's awesome. Bolelli, well, in my opinion he has become insufferable, he has this 'both sides' thing going on, which is a legitimate take because the right genuinely has some fucked up shit it ought to be accountable for, but Bolelli never actually attacks both sides, he never defends both sides. He attacks one side and defends one side, while taking on the mantra of somebody that is capable of calling anyone out. His FB rants are nauseating, but you can't call him out in the comments because there's an army that will defame you publicly. I know a Bolelli interview would be good for the show for sure, but also for sure his fans will listen to your previous podcasts and they'll denounce you as a nazi. But maybe you want the smoke, and in that case, I guess enjoy the notoriety.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:38 pm

Yall really think I'll come off as a nazi to a sizable amount of history on fire listeners? They like Darryl Cooper for God's sake! They are best buds.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:18 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:38 pm
Yall really think I'll come off as a nazi to a sizable amount of history on fire listeners? They like Darryl Cooper for God's sake! They are best buds.
Well, it's hard to say for sure, because the most popular platforms dont allow for, or crowd out dissenting opinion, but on FB and reddit, Darryl has been called an alt right authoritarian nazi, and you know, I guess that's inevitable. The mob loses their fervour when something else comes along and truthfully I couldn't tell you if it's even an issue anymore. But yeah, theres a big Carlin/Bolelli overlap, and I recall a bunch of threads calling Darryl a bunch of horrible names.

Darryl's old podcasts are basically scrubbed from the internet and theres probably a lot of people that couldn't care less about his previous controversies. Besides, podcats are pirate ships, so who cares, maybe it's just a few loud woke buffoons that are inconsequential.

But, you guys have totally said some verboten things on the podcast. Nothing that a sane person would be offended by, but just beyond the pale in today's climate. Lol Are you genuinely unaware of this?

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:20 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Huh? Darryl is no notsee. Fash the nation has all the notsees.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:14 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:18 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Well, it's hard to say for sure, because the most popular platforms dont allow for, or crowd out dissenting opinion, but on FB and reddit, Darryl has been called an alt right authoritarian nazi, and you know, I guess that's inevitable. The mob loses their fervour when something else comes along and truthfully I couldn't tell you if it's even an issue anymore. But yeah, theres a big Carlin/Bolelli overlap, and I recall a bunch of threads calling Darryl a bunch of horrible names.

Darryl's old podcasts are basically scrubbed from the internet and theres probably a lot of people that couldn't care less about his previous controversies. Besides, podcats are pirate ships, so who cares, maybe it's just a few loud woke buffoons that are inconsequential.

But, you guys have totally said some verboten things on the podcast. Nothing that a sane person would be offended by, but just beyond the pale in today's climate. Lol Are you genuinely unaware of this?
O i know wingbats are going to say nutty shit on all sides, and I know that no matter what people are going to complain potentially. I don't have social media and I have an alias. I don't usually talk current events nor do I reference where i live or what i do. If i can't do a podcast then I might as well live in North Korea or China or Iran etc. If i was totally risk adverse i wouldn't do a podcast at all or ever have a blog etc. I think after I talk to Bolelli it will be surprising to some how much we agree but it won't be to me. LaFond is an anarchists for all intensive purposes. He pisses off all sides usually. He doesn't like the USA nor does he like "civilization".

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:17 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:12 pm
On the gripes of length and rambling; consider Rogan. His podcasts are 3 hours, completely freewheeling and unedited and he's got the most popular podcast on the planet. But, he has different guests, so there's a variety of people, and most people aren't going to dominate the topic and go on endless tangents. Enter James LaFond. You have him on all the time and he is wont to talk for 25 minutes uninterrupted on every topic. I'd never heard of this guy before your show and am impressed by his breadth of knowledge, but it occurred to me quickly that this guy is not quite capable of holding back. And your comment about him unwilling to use a suggested software comes as no surprise to me. Don't get me wrong, I like listening to him for the most part, (I wish he'd give some evidence for his more contrarian/controversial claims), but it occurs to me that he's gonna do his thing. So if you think tangents and rambling are an issue, you're gonna have to get better at interjecting and steering the conversation somehow, let the show be, or not have JLF on so much. I'm not suggesting any one of those things, because I do like what he has to say, but you mentioned it being a problem.

Barrett is probably more amenable to dialing it back, he's got a bit more self awareness I think. Since I'm handing out criticism, I guess I'd say he's got a lot of youthful energy and excitement that can be a tad awkward; long laughs at things that aren't that funny for example. Anyway, I hope this is coming across as constructive, because again, I actually like the show. I am now listening to every episode and look forward to it.

I hope you get Darryl on, because he's awesome. Bolelli, well, in my opinion he has become insufferable, he has this 'both sides' thing going on, which is a legitimate take because the right genuinely has some fucked up shit it ought to be accountable for, but Bolelli never actually attacks both sides, he never defends both sides. He attacks one side and defends one side, while taking on the mantra of somebody that is capable of calling anyone out. His FB rants are nauseating, but you can't call him out in the comments because there's an army that will defame you publicly. I know a Bolelli interview would be good for the show for sure, but also for sure his fans will listen to your previous podcasts and they'll denounce you as a nazi. But maybe you want the smoke, and in that case, I guess enjoy the notoriety.
Thank you for the advice and perspective. I asked for it and I am thankful for it. That goes to anyone who wants to comment or even ask a question etc. Peace. Yall know im a softy and a self described romantic. I'm no nazi or far right dude. I believe in order and natural law. But id die for my dogs and my friends/family even though i don't agree with many things they do and say. I hate politics and rather talk literature and stories. God Bless.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:18 pm

The bar for being called a a Nazi is really low these days.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:34 pm

I like the monologues Rust.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:17 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:34 pm
Cool man, thanks. I think I am going to keep my own stuff to under an hour and practice keep on target. Then maybe one day I can handle telling a story worth telling, narrative style.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:22 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:17 pm
doc_loliday wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:34 pm
Cool man, thanks. I think I am going to keep my own stuff to under an hour and practice keep on target. Then maybe one day I can handle telling a story worth telling, narrative style.

I was hoping the monologues would be longer. You'll never satisfy everyone. :lol: