GoG:: Now mostly going by *Rusty*

Hastur

Re: GoG:: Now mostly going by *Rusty*

Post by Hastur » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:59 pm

Alternative history.

The Manhattan Project fails. Japan needs to be invaded. After initial US landings and offensives the Red Army lands in the north. Japan eventually is defeeted but the Cold War splits it in two like Germany and Korea.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:58 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:46 pm
Find topics that typical historians wont touch.

Islamic and African slave trade would fabulous
Zanzibar slave trade, yes indeed. James talks about all kinds of stuff historians won't. I really want to do a partisan series on the American revolution i.e. the Tories in the 13 colonies.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:35 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:58 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:46 pm
Find topics that typical historians wont touch.

Islamic and African slave trade would fabulous
Zanzibar slave trade, yes indeed. James talks about all kinds of stuff historians won't. I really want to do a partisan series on the American revolution i.e. the Tories in the 13 colonies.
I love both of those
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:32 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:57 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:11 am
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:50 pm

Looking forward to this one.
Its was fun.
Just finished it. That was fantastic. I Love the discussion back and forth.

What is best in Life ? :lol:

Pulp is a guy with a 1911 :clap:

Good insights into current culture
Good relevant article
https://pulpfictionrenaissance.com/2021 ... barbarian/

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:48 am

Good article Rusty.

What's interesting is John Wayne's best movies, The man who shot liberty valance, and the Searchers are both pictures where Wayne's characters are much more Howard types than Wayne's typical character.
PLATA O PLOMO

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:53 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:48 am
Good article Rusty.

What's interesting is John Wayne's best movies, The man who shot liberty valance, and the Searchers are both pictures where Wayne's characters are much more Howard types than Wayne's typical character.
Wayne finally got tired of the bullshit and did a few films that he wanted to do. Clint is better bc most of his shit isn't cucked or propaganda.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:49 am

There's a couple things I wanted to mention in here about the less sexy aspect of podcasting. So last night a dude I respect and was looking forward to recording with canceled at the last minute. You wouldn't believe how many people do this. We were going to talk about art, and the value of non Christian traditions. In other words what non Christian traditions were worth preserving. I was going to talk about some books that mean something to me and he would have done the same. We would have discussed ontology and metaphysics lol but we would have spent as much or more time on great literature and I of course would mention yes great film. I was looking forward to this talk, but it didn't happen. What did happen is James and Richard luckily hoped on a call and we talked hypotheticals and alternative histories. We later ended up talkin all sorts of things by the 3 hour mark.

Couple things to add here. 1) its hard to schedule people 2) James wont use the software I need him to in order to help with mic clarity and post production so all podcasts with him are rough cuts, and 3).I feel like these ones where we ramble towards the end aren't that good to listen to or as good id imagine. Don't get me wrong the talks are fun for me but i don't know about others. If i could i likely would have cut the last 30-40 minutes of this last talk but i can't b/c im a dummy with audacity/editing software. Anyway yes i have some guests other than Richard and James coming up but id like to ask for suggestions on yalls part. And if you suggest someone please put their contact (assuming its public anyway) email in your reply to help me with reaching out to said person.

People that are going to be on my podcast the next couple of releases...
CM ( an internet "friend" who likes to talk scifi, films in general, and mma)
Sam Davis (host of the narrative history podcast Inward Empire)

Probably guests sometime by mid to late April...
Darry Cooper (Martyr Made)
Daniele Bolelli (History on Fire)
Elliot Hulse (Strength Camp/Self Help youtube dude...i like him and has got some good stuff from him over the years and he's a biggish e-celeb)

I have several episodes in the backlog ready to be released but they almost all have James LaFond or Richard Barrett as the guest. This is fine but I am also wondering about solo episodes and how to approach them. I don't tell a story really well and while my mic skills and delivery are improving they are still developing. I cringe at some of the earlier stuff ive released. I think I should keep solo tracks to no more than an hour approximately and I need to hit certain bullet points and keep it more structured than comes easily or natural to me. Any advice is appreciated. Especially from folks that have actually listened to some or even just one of my podcast.

Than you all.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:28 am

Take a page from Carlin and Marty. Dans early shows were 15 minutes. Marty gives us good content in under 5.
PLATA O PLOMO

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:13 am

: Histroical Hinge Points to Hypotheticals
https://rustyvignettespodcast.libsyn.co ... otheticals

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:23 pm

I’d recommend scripting the solo stuff and editing tightly. Nobody wants to hear ‘umm’ etc, while you get thoughts together.

You’ll definitely want to get a handle on editing your show, especially with guests. You need to be able to remove things that they don’t want aired , or tangents that don’t go anywhere.

You’ve got a great base so far, and landing Bolelli could expose you to the podcasting world. Get your chops together before you do that show.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0