Re: Common Sense 319 – A Recipe for Caesar

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:59 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:57 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:51 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:49 am

I took an instant dislike to you. You were calling me a Rupert and a pooftah before I'd even made my first 10 posts. I remember Hash chiding you for not letting me get to 100 posts before you laid into me.
I should have taken a bit more time to read old posts before I jumped in. I thought you were just a massive troll.
I was a massive troll

I could have backed it up in the street if anybody wanted to take me on that way too
You weren't just a troll, once I saw how much you knew about history I started to change my mind about you.
Luckily I was never as thin-skinned as I was accused of being or I would never have stuck around.
I was never a sock puppet troll, it's the real me, I have moods like anybody else

I am large, I contain multitudes, Walt Whitman
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:04 am

I can see why you did it. You don't want a forum full of intellectual lightweights filling up threads with regurgitated crap like a Facebook feed but you must have lost a few members who would have gone on to be good posters.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:07 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:04 am
I can see why you did it. You don't want a forum full of intellectual lightweights filling up threads with regurgitated crap like a Facebook feed but you must have lost a few members who would have gone on to be good posters.
That was a part of it,

if I get bored, if people are not posting with feeling, if it's just talking points ?

Then I blew the whole forum up

One time I shut the DCF down for a whole month

I got everybody to stop posting for a month,

just because they were pissing me off with all their whining
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:10 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:07 am
Montegriffo wrote:
That was a part of it,

if I get bored, if people are not posting with feeling, if it's just talking points ?

I missed that, what happened? Was it like the Hockey Wars?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:15 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:10 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
That was a part of it,

It was a variation

The Hockey Wars is DCF style, I went to war with the whole forum when I got ticked off

The Great DCF Shutdown was more challenge styles

I said the forum is an addiction, so let's prove to ourselves that we can go without it

Learn to appreciate it more, take the next month off, no posting, I dare you all

Trech of course, refused to play along, but since everybody else played along, he had no one to talk to

People complained about me then just like they do here

Carlin just said "too bad, I like Smitty, learn to deal"
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:27 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:15 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:10 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

That was a part of it,

It was a variation

The Hockey Wars is DCF style, I went to war with the whole forum when I got ticked off

The Great DCF Shutdown was more challenge styles

I said the forum is an addiction, so let's prove to ourselves that we can go without it

Learn to appreciate it more, take the next month off, no posting, I dare you all

Trech of course, refused to play along, but since everybody else played along, he had no one to talk to

People complained about me then just like they do here

Carlin just said "too bad, I like Smitty, learn to deal"
Well, Trech sure broke his addiction in the end. Bloody shame, we had a very similar sense of humour.
I don't think he'll ever join us here, if a major event like the Bat Death doesn't tempt him back nothing will.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:31 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:27 am

Well, Trech sure broke his addiction in the end. Bloody shame, we had a very similar sense of humour.
I don't think he'll ever join us here, if a major event like the Bat Death doesn't tempt him back nothing will.
I took almost a year off at the DCF, I took almost a year off here

I basically just hang out with Capps & Trek

If they weren't around, I would prolly lose interest
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:36 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Want to make an omelette, you gotta break some eggs

It ain't what you're taking, it's who you're taking it from

How you gonna run with wolves come night, if you spend all day sparring with the puppies?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:39 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:36 am
Montegriffo wrote:

How you gonna run with wolves come night, if you spend all day sparring with the puppies?
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:50 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:39 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:36 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Solid Drake track right there, he didn't fall off after a few albums like many, his consistency is impressive
#VulcanRapophile
*yip*