Common Sense 319 – A Recipe for Caesar

doc_loliday

Re: Common Sense 319 – A Recipe for Caesar

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:29 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:48 am
yeah ok dan lost me at the end talking about partisan blinders and how trump is objectively worse, but i can see where he's coming from everywhere else. all this hype about impeachment and nuclear hitler as if he didn't say in the next sentence he would have impeached other presidents and drew attention to other presidents having nuclear weapons. fine episode, good to hear from him, on with my day
There's nothing TDS about the episode. If anything, it smacks of "enlightened centrism". He can't help it, Dan's a peacemaker at heart and just wants to dial everything back. He doesn't say why he doesn't like Trump for this reason. Milquetoast fencesitter? Alright, I see the point there, in fact, that's why common sense isn't good anymore. I mean, even if he's right, does doing shows about getting along really accomplish anything?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:31 pm

Trump is worse than what? Fir someone that's so enlightened he seems to have forgot all president's are a joke.

Trump is objectively better because he's funny. Dan is a retard

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:34 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:29 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:48 am
yeah ok dan lost me at the end talking about partisan blinders and how trump is objectively worse, but i can see where he's coming from everywhere else. all this hype about impeachment and nuclear hitler as if he didn't say in the next sentence he would have impeached other presidents and drew attention to other presidents having nuclear weapons. fine episode, good to hear from him, on with my day
There's nothing TDS about the episode. If anything, it smacks of "enlightened centrism". He can't help it, Dan's a peacemaker at heart and just wants to dial everything back. He doesn't say why he doesn't like Trump for this reason. Milquetoast fencesitter? Alright, I see the point there, in fact, that's why common sense isn't good anymore. I mean, even if he's right, does doing shows about getting along really accomplish anything?
Not all Milquetoast Fence Sitters have TDS as bad as Dan Carlin does.

Some Milquetoast Fence Sitters do a much better job covering political issues, Tim Pool for instance.

Tim Pool doesn't pretend Trump is the worst POTUS ever, Tim Pool didn't want Trump to be impeached, Tim Pool doesn't have delusions that Trump is Nuclear Hitler, but Dan Carlin does.

Tim Pool also admits he's a biased milquetoast fence sitter who doesn't like Trump, while Dan Carlin pretends it's just "Common Sense" and his hatred of Trump is totally unbiased, while parroting classic TDS narratives.

Dan Carlin's problem is not his bias, it's his inability to admit his bias on key issues, it's his bias being fueled by delusions due to emotional reactions, it's his bias leading him to parrot lame mainstream media TDS talking points and pretending they are "common sense" while claiming to be an independent thinker.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:06 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:42 pm
You ignore the entire history of technocrats, especially after communism came along. To deny most technocrats lean to the left, and push a leftist agenda, both today and in the past, is a laughable understanding of the historical record. Instead you prefer to play semantics and don't want to look at the historical record of their behavior and actions.
K...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:10 pm

I accept your surrender.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:53 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:52 pm

Maintaining global trade is, perhaps, not an evil conspiracy be evil gub'ment shills, and is in fact a sensible thing to do if we would like to continue living in the luxurious conditions to which we have all become accustomed.

We rely on the WHO, CDC and guys like Fauci to get this stuff right, and make sure the country is prepared for pandemics. They have failed us, and should resign immediately.

Here are the Experts a month ago telling us masks don't work
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-c ... 2020-01-30

Today, they are saying wear a mask
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... -in-public
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:55 am
He was always just Trek's foil
For real?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:35 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:34 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
For real?
To me he was, I joined because of Trek, Trech was just his nattering foil, although without malice of course
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:02 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:35 pm
doc_loliday wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:34 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
For real?
To me he was, I joined because of Trek, Trech was just his nattering foil, although without malice of course
Trech was the ultimate nattering foil, for Trek and Strangelove both.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:23 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:34 pm

Dan Carlin's problem is not his bias, it's his inability to admit his bias on key issues, it's his bias being fueled by delusions due to emotional reactions, it's his bias leading him to parrot lame mainstream media TDS talking points and pretending they are "common sense" while claiming to be an independent thinker.
Yeah, his claims of being middle of the road, I hate everyone, doesn't wash. But it's great ground to stake out if you are a pussy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience