Common Sense 319 – A Recipe for Caesar

Hastur

Re: Common Sense 319 – A Recipe for Caesar

Post by Hastur » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:05 am

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:55 am
I think one of the reasons Dan thinks partisanship is such an issue now when he thinks it wasn't much of an issue before, is because people have wised up to the fact that he is not as unbiased as he claims to be, when a lot of people hadn't before, including his fans.

Instead of assuming that's because it's true, he assumes it's because everyone who holds that view is has become more partisan or they always were very partisan, and the only reason they are getting mad at him, is because he won't follow them down that road.

So when he noticed his forum calling him out far more than they did before, he thought it was because of their becoming more partisan while he "remained" nonpartisan, instead of him revealing himself to be a blatant partisan and people taking notice at the hypocrisy when his whole brand is a lack of partisanship and in reality he's just a partisan who calls out other partisans for being partisan.

Dan Carlin is Carole Baskin railing against Joe Exotic, but his Joe Exotic is Donald Trump.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:11 am

Its hilarious too, because Dan's new followers are basically reddit SJWs who think they are being independent by listening to him. The folks on this forum are abrasive assholes (not me though) but pretty much rejected him in unison after Trump got elected regardless of their views of Donald. He basically lost the core group of people who were actual martians to court the Maddowites.

"Guys, Dan said to be less partisan! You can't find this kind of radical outsider take on CNN!" :lol:

Dan is about as independent as East Timor was when Suharto invaded.
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:20 pm

I dislike neoliberals , anarcho capitalist, communists, and dissident right weirdos all roughly the same. Good thing we have science and technology to fight this virus. No but kidding aside , it was science , sciencetism, enlightenment ideas that got us into this crap and it will take science to get us out. We are too far gone to go back to being hunter gathers or even simple farmers. Rule by technocrats call it imperial bureaucracy isn't that much better than authoritarian capitalism/chinaism but its better for now.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:20 pm
I dislike neoliberals , anarcho capitalist, communists, and dissident right weirdos all roughly the same. Good thing we have science and technology to fight this virus. No but kidding aside , it was science , sciencetism, enlightenment ideas that got us into this crap and it will take science to get us out. We are too far gone to go back to being hunter gathers or even simple farmers. Rule by technocrats call it imperial bureaucracy isn't that much better than authoritarian capitalism/chinaism but its better for now.
Do you want to get paid or not?

I have been telling people on this forum that you have Covid-19, and to donate.

If you do this right, we can both make some serious money, but if you come on here and act like all is well, you are going to mess up the system I have in place and make us both lose out. Just play along.
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:31 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:13 pm
I've listened to this again.

at the 68 min mark Dan talks about Experts. Dan lauds the Experts.

Where the Fuck were the Experts 2-3 months ago ? Where were the CDC and the WHO in early January ?

I was tracking this situation in China then, I knew it was a potential problem to an eventual problem for me. In January I inventoried my stocks and filled gaps. Where the hell were the Experts on heading this off then ???

Fuck the Experts
Technocrats are the new Communists. Its all roughly the same tbh. Literally the red tape and procedures are killing people that need medical attention but can't get it b/c muh procedures. Can't televisit/skype for doctor consults and fax scripts can't take this test cant whatever b/c such and such policy.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:34 pm

Its actually not incompetence or mismanagement or randomness that ruins civilization. There are actually mad scientists and billionaires that do that shit.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Fuck are Dan, Daniele , and Cooper uninspiring or what? Fun fact even the cynics aren't cynical enough yet. They will be , they will be.
Last edited by GloryofGreece on Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:42 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:34 pm
Its actually not incompetence or mismanagement or randomness that ruins civilization. There are actually mad scientists and billionaires that do that shit.
Incompetence and mismanagement are far more deadly than conspiracy. The mad scientists and billionaires don't actually have that level of control over the world, they just wish they did.
*yip*

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:44 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:42 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Incompetence and mismanagement are far more deadly than conspiracy. The mad scientists and billionaires don't actually have that level of control over the world, they just wish they did.
Disagree but I will never convince you nor you me. Bahahaha. Internets useless.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:44 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:42 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Disagree but I will never convince you nor you me. Bahahaha. Internets useless.
To you the most powerful people having control and using it for evil is more comforting than they don't have control and a lot of the evil isn't so easily controlled. Control freak confirmation bias.
*yip*