Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:35 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:06 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:01 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:55 am

No worries, he's a survivor
He's usually pretty good about getting back to me.
I'll nudge him again in a few days.
How much money a week do you waste on coffee, Monte? How often have you spent money, and then regretted it? I'll bet you have at least 50 pounds in your wallet as you read this. What harm could come from sending it to C-mag? If you wired that money to me, I could easily help him and you could feel good. Don't even think. Just send it, and sit back happily as that warm feeling of positivity washes over you. GloryofGreece might be sick too. A little money would do wonders for his medical bills.
I tell you what, I'll give you all the money I've ever spent on drinking coffee.
Every single penny.

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Re: Common Sense 319 – A Recipe for Caesar

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:03 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 am
but in a lot of ways trump IS worse than bush and obama. trump just signed a 2 trillion dollar stimulus bailout and i heard barely a peep out of the fiscal conservative budget hawks of yesteryear. also there are more troops in the middle east now than when he came into office. i think much of this "outsider" talk is overblown. i like his press conferences as much as the next guy when he dunks on the press but he looks like an moron when he authoritatively states to the press the population of seoul is 38 million and that no one knows south korea better than he does
+1
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:06 pm

He’s also spent most of his 3 years goosing the stock market. All of his ‘announcements’ are scheduled at market close. He’s got the congress doing it too now. Reacting in real-time to the Dow.
Hitching daily for the fed to blow everything, so they finally did. Biggest commie president ever, as we nationalize all private industry.

Also, he still acts like a 4 year old.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:14 pm

CS 319
The Good, Bad and Ugly

The Good
1. Appeal to Unity - Clans need to join together in times of crisis
2. Taking shots at dividers who monetize it
3. You can't fix CNN

The Bad
1. Presidents have been careful up til now expanding their power - WTF BHO ran a veritable spy state abusing the power put in place by W in the previous admin
2. Old Carlin is quaint - Yeah, I guess when you quit talking about Civil Rights because the State abusing political enemies
3. I'm for Impeachment - Really, why ? What were the crimes Dan. Oh, it's political, OK. What did the guy do ? - No context ever offered, Orange Man Bad

The Ugly
1. "If Obama abused Power" - Really, 'If', I thought you said you hate them all and they all abuse power?
2. Don't Feed into the Tit for Tat and say the other guys person is the problem, but you do that in this very podcast
3. Enough of this 'I hate all POTUS' crap. Dan, you use that as cover. As said here previously, it's degrees worse with people you don't like

Bonus:
Dan, weren't you just on Bill Maher ? A guy that makes his living, doing the very thing you say we need to get away from ? How much did you make to go on that show or as a result of going on it ?
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:17 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:06 pm
He’s also spent most of his 3 years goosing the stock market. All of his ‘announcements’ are scheduled at market close. He’s got the congress doing it too now. Reacting in real-time to the Dow.
Hitching daily for the fed to blow everything, so they finally did. Biggest commie president ever, as we nationalize all private industry.

Also, he still acts like a 4 year old.
I'm certainly not happy with a lot of this. Thomas Massie has been fantastic on this stuff. But as Smitts said, it's crazy to think this stuff isn't going to happen in a time like this. It's not acceptance of the policies, but it is an acceptance of the situation.

The War Time production act is not Nationalizing Private industry. It's far from it. It's temporary, specific to current needs and that's all. It's not a new normal.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:13 pm

I've listened to this again.

at the 68 min mark Dan talks about Experts. Dan lauds the Experts.

Where the Fuck were the Experts 2-3 months ago ? Where were the CDC and the WHO in early January ?

I was tracking this situation in China then, I knew it was a potential problem to an eventual problem for me. In January I inventoried my stocks and filled gaps. Where the hell were the Experts on heading this off then ???

Fuck the Experts
PLATA O PLOMO

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:09 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:13 pm
I've listened to this again.

at the 68 min mark Dan talks about Experts. Dan lauds the Experts.

Where the Fuck were the Experts 2-3 months ago ? Where were the CDC and the WHO in early January ?

I was tracking this situation in China then, I knew it was a potential problem to an eventual problem for me. In January I inventoried my stocks and filled gaps. Where the hell were the Experts on heading this off then ???

Fuck the Experts
I heard that as well and shook my head. I did that to his media deconstruction as well. He thinks there are millions of dollars to be made for anyone who sets up a fair and balanced news network!

And his description of the polar opposites. He said one side is called Nazis, which is correct, and then goes on to say the other side is called Maoists. When did that happen? It's like he doesn't even know where the front lines he is talking about are. It's establishment against anti-establishment, not left vs right.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:47 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:14 pm
CS 319
The Good, Bad and Ugly

The Good
1. Appeal to Unity - Clans need to join together in times of crisis
2. Taking shots at dividers who monetize it
3. You can't fix CNN

The Bad
1. Presidents have been careful up til now expanding their power - WTF BHO ran a veritable spy state abusing the power put in place by W in the previous admin
2. Old Carlin is quaint - Yeah, I guess when you quit talking about Civil Rights because the State abusing political enemies
3. I'm for Impeachment - Really, why ? What were the crimes Dan. Oh, it's political, OK. What did the guy do ? - No context ever offered, Orange Man Bad

The Ugly
1. "If Obama abused Power" - Really, 'If', I thought you said you hate them all and they all abuse power?
2. Don't Feed into the Tit for Tat and say the other guys person is the problem, but you do that in this very podcast
3. Enough of this 'I hate all POTUS' crap. Dan, you use that as cover. As said here previously, it's degrees worse with people you don't like

Bonus:
Dan, weren't you just on Bill Maher ? A guy that makes his living, doing the very thing you say we need to get away from ? How much did you make to go on that show or as a result of going on it ?
Dan's whole political martian shtick stopped working on me in 2016. Dan is a distinguished member of the establishment, and quite frankly he was even back when he was a "journalist." The press today IS NOT less honest than it was 20, 30, 50, 150 years ago. They have always been lying filth. They used to cover up commie famines and write praises of Mao and Stalin. They have always been operating arms of political parties, and pushed every manner of Progressive Social Control, big govt authoritarianism, and social engineering they could fit in their print margins. Hell, when our country was founded, they were actually owned and run by political parties. Jack Anderson took money from the same lobbyists that Nixon did.

Journalists have about as much value to society as pedophiles. Except, pedophiles only fuck children while the press fucks everyone. And the sick part is that journalists actually think they are heroes.

I don't know what would be worse: If the journalists were all cynically lying and manipulating always, or if they truly believe with Maoist fervor that their disgusting ideas and suggestions are benefitting society.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:55 am

I think one of the reasons Dan thinks partisanship is such an issue now when he thinks it wasn't much of an issue before, is because people have wised up to the fact that he is not as unbiased as he claims to be, when a lot of people hadn't before, including his fans.

Instead of assuming that's because it's true, he assumes it's because everyone who holds that view has become more partisan or they always were very partisan and Trump coming along simply exposed it. He assumes that the only reason they are getting mad at him, is because he won't follow them down that road.

So when he noticed his forum calling him out far more than they did before, he thought it was because of their becoming more partisan while he "remained" nonpartisan, instead of him revealing himself to be a blatant partisan and people taking notice at the hypocrisy when his whole brand is a lack of partisanship and in reality he's just a partisan who calls out other partisans for being partisan.

Dan Carlin is Carole Baskin railing against Joe Exotic, but his Joe Exotic is Donald Trump.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:02 am

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:55 am
I think one of the reasons Dan thinks partisanship is such an issue now is because people have wised up to the fact that he is not as unbiased as he claims to be, and instead of assuming that's because it's true, he assumes it's because everyone who holds that view has become more partisan and are getting mad at him for not following them. So when he noticed his forum calling him out far more than they did before, he thought it was because of their becoming more partisan while he "remained" nonpartisan, instead of him revealing himself to be a partisan and people taking notice at the hypocrisy when his whole brand is a lack of partisanship when he's just a partisan who calls out other partisans for being partisan.

Fuck Carole Baskin
+1

Dan shit the bed when he could have actually made his mark. With Trump as president, Dan could have actually examined his worldview and attempted to understand the Alt-Right, New Right etc, but instead he decided to hop on the PBS Bill Maher Cocksuck circuit and peddle outmoded ideas.

Dan would probably eat catshit out of the litter box if CNN told him too. I think we should refer him to the Church of Scientology, because if he's stupid enough to fall for "media experts" quite frankly he's stupid enough to fall for anything...
Shikata ga nai