Common Sense 319 – A Recipe for Caesar

Hastur

Common Sense 319 – A Recipe for Caesar

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:16 am

New episode out!
Does a global pandemic help break the spell of our bitter partisan conflict, or does it just raise the stakes? In the first CS show in years Dan wrestles with the Zeitgeist.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Re: Common Sense 319 – A Recipe for Caesar

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:19 am

His TDS is still in full bloom. :lol: Impeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaach!!!!!

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:26 am

Hastur wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:19 am
His TDS is still in full bloom. :lol: Impeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaach!!!!!
Trump really exposed Dan's partisan hackery.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:49 am

Dan Carlin Fake Neutral Milquetoast Fence Sitter
*yip*

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:29 am

Poor Dan. The minute he gets the outsider that he was banging the drum about for years, he completely flips positions and locks arms with the establishment. I was taken off guard by his reaction to Trump. It seems to me that unless Thomas Jefferson comes back from the grave, Dan won't be happy with an anti-establishment candidate. I can't bear to listen to Hardcore History anymore, even. He's just towing the line.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:02 am

i havent listened to the old CS shows in years so maybe i'm wearing rose colored glasses but i recall him being fairly critical of obama and bush. why would being critical of trump reveal his partisan hackery?

listening now

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:09 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:02 am
i havent listened to the old CS shows in years so maybe i'm wearing rose colored glasses but i recall him being fairly critical of obama and bush. why would being critical of trump reveal his partisan hackery?

listening now
Because he thinks Trump is a level of magnitude worse than Obama and Bush, and anyone who disagrees he can't even talk to because they can't acknowledge that "basic reality". He gets the outsider he always asked for, but because the way he talks triggers Dan, he's beyond the pale.

His view of impeachment is also retarded and a clear sign of partisan hackery. He can see the possibility of people wanting to impeach both of them, and sees only these folks as the one's being level headed on impeachment, but can't see that that it's possible for someone to not have wanted to impeach either Clinton or Trump, and writes off everyone defending Trump on impeachment as a hypocrite who cried bloody murder when Clinton was being impeached. Basically if you disagree with his position on impeachment or Trump in general, he strawmans you, all while whining about both sides strawmanning each other, saying it's a main driver of the partisanship he so reviles.

The clear partisan blinders are quite obvious.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:21 am

i guess i havent gotten that far, i'm only 30 minutes in and he's talking about the benefits of everyone talking to the other side

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:24 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:21 am
i guess i havent gotten that far, i'm only 30 minutes in and he's talking about the benefits of everyone talking to the other side
Yeah, right before he talks about he cant talk to other side if they don't think Trump is the worst or they disagree on impeachment. He whines about everyone strawmanning those whose beliefs they disagree with and then he proceeds to do just that on TDS fueled steroids, throwing stones from his glass house, while being oblivious to the fact that he is doing this.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:30 am

I started listening, got boring after about 5 mins

A pox on all reformers
Nec Aspera Terrent