Lessig's podcast - Another Way

C-Mag

Re: Lessig's podcast - Another Way

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:06 pm
Got into an argument with gf's feminist friend about this.

What I realized in the exchange was that a huge number of people not only believe voting is a human right, but that it is a human right merely on account of the outcomes of votes affecting them.

I.e. that single mother who never served and never paid anything more than a sales tax has a human right to vote because the voters who pay for it all, or shed blood for it, might diminish her gibs.

Interesting outcome was that I think I flipped the feminist slightly to my side when she had to spell it out and realized how fucked up the common assumption really is.
Sounds like one helluva 3 way.

:angelic-blueglow:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 27, 2019 4:50 pm

In case anyone was wondering...

Don't bother with season 2.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon May 27, 2019 6:15 pm

Add him to the list of folks like Carlin who are great at analyzing the problem but come up short at solutions. A bipartisan caucus is a laughably outdated idea. Newt created a GOP toxic to that kind of thing, crossing the aisle will make you a pariah. Look at the heat the few moderate GOP Senators come under during anything big. Dems have been less disciplined, but more and more Moderates are facing primary challenges from the Left.
C-Mag wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:15 pm
Hillary had more campaign finances than anyone in history and lost to a mostly self funded guy.
Spit out the Kool-Aid. He spend $66m, 20% of the official campaign, and not counting all the PAC and Dark Money. But that doesn't even address the masterful way he played the media to give him constant free pages and airtime.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 27, 2019 8:49 pm

brewster wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:15 pm
Add him to the list of folks like Carlin who are great at analyzing the problem but come up short at solutions.
I think he's analyzed the problem better and he has crafted a more detailed solution than Carlin ever did.
Carlin's ideas were always less than half baked.
But Lessig's problem is that he is at heart a liberal... and can't really speak to conservatives without alienating them with his biases.
He needs a partner who is at heart a conservative and can speak to conservatives but who wants the same things.
If he could find someone like this and form a partnership there would be some chance of getting this rolling.

But we can see with C-mag's response that Lessig's liberal heart will drive away any actual conservatives that might actually want to address the problems he has accurately analyzed.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon May 27, 2019 9:12 pm

It’s always Collectivism vs. Liberty and never the twain shall meet.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 27, 2019 9:32 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:49 pm
brewster wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:15 pm
Add him to the list of folks like Carlin who are great at analyzing the problem but come up short at solutions.
I think he's analyzed the problem better and he has crafted a more detailed solution than Carlin ever did.
Carlin's ideas were always less than half baked.
Oh, Carlin was on the bullseye pointing out the problem. But when the greatest spying crimes in US history happened he faltered because Trump was such an offensive personality to Dan. It's pretty human though to look the other way when political enemies are targeted.

Dan has built a big enough reputation with Hardcore History he can get away with it. But, I think his real failing was that he missed his moment to help reform the system. He could have been a middle ground guy, planted firmly in the Constitution going...…………….. see, look how they spied on Trump. I didn't vote for the guy, I can't stand him. But we can't allow this to happen.

Lessig is trying, and trying to shape the kind of full blown Democracy that he favors. But we do that, people might also vote for shit you don't want and could never imagine.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:12 pm
+1
Good Line.
PLATA O PLOMO

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon May 27, 2019 11:15 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
+1
Good Line.
I think that's bullshit. The ultimate freedom is pure anarchy. Any society by definition is collectivist to some degree, the argument is just about what degree. By participating in society you are giving up freedoms for other benefits. Pretending otherwise is delusional.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 27, 2019 11:56 pm

brewster wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:15 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
+1
Good Line.
I think that's bullshit. The ultimate freedom is pure anarchy. Any society by definition is collectivist to some degree, the argument is just about what degree. By participating in society you are giving up freedoms for other benefits. Pretending otherwise is delusional.
You're not free to think it's bullshit, hurts the Martin Hash forum, the Commissar has said it is fact.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 28, 2019 6:38 am

Individualism is a euphemism for white genocide. Hucksters want to convince you to not act in our collective interests while every other racial group fleeces us out of our nations.

If you are white, it certainly is not in your interest to allow for open borders. That policy helps Latinos at the expense of white and black Americans.

The ethnic cleansing blacks now struggle with in California will eventually come for you. These people you allow to colonize the United States are never going to agree to giving you equal rights to a damned thing when they become majority.

This shit that guys like Lessig are selling, and the similar song and dance you hear from neocons, does not help you in any way. There exist more important issues than markets and campaign finance.