Lessig's podcast - Another Way

C-Mag

Re: Lessig's podcast - Another Way

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 pm

My bullet point review
Part 0: The 2020 election cannot be about DJT. The system is rigged.
Part 1: We need Progressive Policies, and probably a billionaire as Dem nominee, we will likely beat DJT in 2020, and then we are going to make sure that never happens again.
Part 2: We will have to use force to put my changes in place, and here's a bunch of historical examples of how we can bribe and play dirty to do it. It's time to get radical.
Part 3: The Freedom Caucus is to be hated, they are even too radical for the GOP. The Freedom Caucus is kickin our ass, we need our own Caucus, we'll call it the Reform Caucus. My Reform Caucus will be more better.
Part 4: Get rid of the Electoral College, old white people in swing states have to much power.
Part 5: Orange Man Bad, so I will repeat myself
Part 6: I can't listen anymore.

Summary
Lawrence Lessigs guide to put a Democrat in office in 2020, then remove Republican mechanisms of the Constitution and push to Democratic voting control of the government................ and WOW can this guy suck Obama's dick anymore ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Hustled.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 27, 2019 1:15 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:50 pm
Oh.. and explain Trump. If money is the problem, then how in the holy fuck did Trump win??
The Democrat Party and their Progs are the party of wealth, power and the 1%. The 1% live in Dem controlled cities, influence those places, and damn sure own those Dem politicians. 8 of 10 of the wealthiest members of Congress are Dems. 25% of those live in the Bay area, one of the most dysfunctional areas on the planet. Why do I want them to have more influence.

Hillary had more campaign finances than anyone in history and lost to a mostly self funded guy.

Lessig is just dishonest, he's selling direct democracy and Progressivism as reform, he's the death to the remnants of the Republic. But he make is sound so just and middle of the road.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 27, 2019 1:18 pm

Millenials hack on Lessig :lol:

Sorry Doc Youth
PLATA O PLOMO

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 27, 2019 2:05 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 pm
My bullet point review
Part 0: The 2020 election cannot be about DJT. The system is rigged.
Part 1: We need Progressive Policies, and probably a billionaire as Dem nominee, we will likely beat DJT in 2020, and then we are going to make sure that never happens again.
Part 2: We will have to use force to put my changes in place, and here's a bunch of historical examples of how we can bribe and play dirty to do it. It's time to get radical.
Part 3: The Freedom Caucus is to be hated, they are even too radical for the GOP. The Freedom Caucus is kickin our ass, we need our own Caucus, we'll call it the Reform Caucus. My Reform Caucus will be more better.
Part 4: Get rid of the Electoral College, old white people in swing states have to much power.
Part 5: Orange Man Bad, so I will repeat myself
Part 6: I can't listen anymore.

Summary
Lawrence Lessigs guide to put a Democrat in office in 2020, then remove Republican mechanisms of the Constitution and push to Democratic voting control of the government................ and WOW can this guy suck Obama's dick anymore ?
I see how you are decoding him.

I noticed his democratic bias along the way as did you.

For me, I'm so used to his slant because I live in that bubble.

But he is still saying something different than ordinary democrats and ordinary libtards... so it's interesting to me.

He is making his pitch to liberals in liberal language though.

It's kind of funny when I hear your version of what he said... :lol:

Thanks for the red pill... I need my regular dose.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 27, 2019 2:48 pm

I think he'll have some success at it too. Power to the People is a strong slogan.

Oh, I learned through hard knocks listening to shit heads like John McCain telling me we'll repeal Obamacare as soon as we have the House and Senate.
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon May 27, 2019 3:01 pm

Democracy (Voting) is your mortal enemy.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon May 27, 2019 3:55 pm

Fife wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:01 pm
The 2nd Amendment is the alternative.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 27, 2019 4:06 pm

Got into an argument with gf's feminist friend about this.

What I realized in the exchange was that a huge number of people not only believe voting is a human right, but that it is a human right merely on account of the outcomes of votes affecting them.

I.e. that single mother who never served and never paid anything more than a sales tax has a human right to vote because the voters who pay for it all, or shed blood for it, might diminish her gibs.

Interesting outcome was that I think I flipped the feminist slightly to my side when she had to spell it out and realized how fucked up the common assumption really is.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:55 pm
Fife wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:01 pm
The 2nd Amendment is the alternative.
Lessig skips over wealth concentration and corruption in Congress.
I don't know if term limits are the only answer or even the best answer. But they seem to be a potential solution. Going back to state Legislators choosing Senators wouldn't hurt either.

Since the 17th Amendment put in place popular electon of Senators, all 25 longest serving Senators are after the Amendment. Robert Byrd was in for over 50 years.
PLATA O PLOMO