HOF w/ Good Ol Dan the Man...

GloryofGreece

Re: HOF w/ Good Ol Dan the Man...

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:24 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:01 am
I listened to it. Mostly meh. These guys have a bit of catching up to do.

Dan Carlin has read plenty enough to know better. He specialized in the Great War for god sake. He knows the causes , he knows the lead up and fallout. He's soft on Communism and doesn't understand Fascism b/c he is willfully blind at best.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:24 am

Dan Carlin has read plenty enough to know better. He specialized in the Great War for god sake. He knows the causes , he knows the lead up and fallout. He's soft on Communism and doesn't understand Fascism b/c he is willfully blind at best.
Yes

He's very passionate about it too. I get the feeling his family felt some personal fallout during the Red Scare. Back in the day guys that talked like DC we called sympathizers. It's definitely a blind spot for Dan.

As far as the Red Scare goes, pretty much everything McCarthy warned us about has happened.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:09 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 am
GloryofGreece wrote:

Yes

He's very passionate about it too. I get the feeling his family felt some personal fallout during the Red Scare. Back in the day guys that talked like DC we called sympathizers. It's definitely a blind spot for Dan.

As far as the Red Scare goes, pretty much everything McCarthy warned us about has happened.
If Dan's commie family got blacklisted, they deserve it lol. McCarthy went too far but he was a goddamn hero. These fucks were communicating with a foreign govt (a foreign spy agency in fact, as the record has proven) and they ruthlessly ruined the careers of many in Hollywood (which Reagan witnessed while an actor and this caused him to become more conservative). Had they won, they wouldn't have "blacklisted" conservatives. Theyd have taken their fucking property and put them in camps, along with millions of other Americans. Not a single person or their family went to prison over McCarthyism, and had this happened in the USSR they would have been shot and liquidated. Fuck Dan the cuckold, fuck Daniel Ravioli, they are clowns.

It has been shown again and again that Dan is a communist sympathizer and he has finally exposed himself for the disgusting moron that many of us assumed he was for years. He doesn't even speak into a microphone when he podcasts anymore, he just wraps his lips around a big black cock and podcasts into that. Ben is sick because Dan gave him AIDS.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Hell HeyDay, they didn't win and they are Blacklisting Conservatives all over the damn place.

It's all just very fascinating that Dan and Dan feel compelled to make this over hour long argument ? It's odd isn't it. What I hear in this is a couple of guys that got Triggered, and are desperate to tamp down Wrong Think.

Go to his YouTube page for this episode and read the comments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0_EnpxtoUw

Where as his Twitter page is 100% pro Dan prophet of wisdom. The YouTube comments are more a mixed bag. What you see is short worded praises of Carlin, but the critical comments are pretty well explained. Here's a couple of gems I'm stealing.

- Only reference for this episode: Mein Kampf
- Dan Carlin believes one source on why Fascism is not Leftist, that's Adolf Hitler
The other thing I see in the comments, is people feel that Dan is out of touch of modern understanding of political paradigms. They feel like he is embracing old definitions. People in the 21st C understand that Left-Right, Commie-Fascist is too simplistic.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Fuck Guys, we were Blacklisted because Trump won the election and we didn't hate him.

In effect, we are the guy on the right

We were effectively Purged, and sent to the MHF Gulag. Never to be spoken of again. The early supporters in most Communist Regimes are eventually purged when the Dear Leader becomes a Tyrant.
When was the last time Dan ever mentioned or aknowledged his early supporters that spread his show ?
PLATA O PLOMO

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:38 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:30 pm
Hell HeyDay, they didn't win and they are Blacklisting Conservatives all over the damn place.

It's all just very fascinating that Dan and Dan feel compelled to make this over hour long argument ? It's odd isn't it. What I hear in this is a couple of guys that got Triggered, and are desperate to tamp down Wrong Think.

Go to his YouTube page for this episode and read the comments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0_EnpxtoUw

Where as his Twitter page is 100% pro Dan prophet of wisdom. The YouTube comments are more a mixed bag. What you see is short worded praises of Carlin, but the critical comments are pretty well explained. Here's a couple of gems I'm stealing.

- Only reference for this episode: Mein Kampf
- Dan Carlin believes one source on why Fascism is not Leftist, that's Adolf Hitler
The other thing I see in the comments, is people feel that Dan is out of touch of modern understanding of political paradigms. They feel like he is embracing old definitions. People in the 21st C understand that Left-Right, Commie-Fascist is too simplistic.
Gavin McInnes made this youtube video where he attempted to explain the "Right" and all its different factions. He discussed Classical Liberals, Cultural Conservatives, Conservative Christians, Neoliberals, NeoCons, Libertarians, Paleo-Cons etc. I believe he classed them into 14 categories or so. It was simplistic, but a good primer. I think youtube and various independent content makers have kind of shifted the public discourse and shed more light than stuff as simple as Abortion or Gun Control. Anyway, I have yet to find a similar breakdown of all the different factions of the left, though from where I'm sitting it looks pretty monolithic ie: Orange Man Bad, Russia, Nazis etc.

I have serious doubts that Dan has a good understanding of all these different factions on the right, which is why he is so comfortable dismissing them.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:42 pm

The problem with exploiting the progressive stack to differentiate yourself is that you have to periodically up your game to keep your progressive relevance. At some point he is going to have to come out as a woman.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:42 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:42 pm
The problem with exploiting the progressive stack to differentiate yourself is that you have to periodically up your game to keep your progressive relevance. At some point he is going to have to come out as a woman.
I thought he already did that. Weren't all those buck a show donations for his sex change?
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:49 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:09 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 am
GloryofGreece wrote:

Yes

If Dan's commie family got blacklisted, they deserve it lol. McCarthy went too far but he was a goddamn hero. These fucks were communicating with a foreign govt (a foreign spy agency in fact, as the record has proven) and they ruthlessly ruined the careers of many in Hollywood (which Reagan witnessed while an actor and this caused him to become more conservative). Had they won, they wouldn't have "blacklisted" conservatives. Theyd have taken their fucking property and put them in camps, along with millions of other Americans. Not a single person or their family went to prison over McCarthyism, and had this happened in the USSR they would have been shot and liquidated. Fuck Dan the cuckold, fuck Daniel Ravioli, they are clowns.

It has been shown again and again that Dan is a communist sympathizer and he has finally exposed himself for the disgusting moron that many of us assumed he was for years. He doesn't even speak into a microphone when he podcasts anymore, he just wraps his lips around a big black cock and podcasts into that. Ben is sick because Dan gave him AIDS.
I've long suspected Dan has some Jewish family background.

Family in the media industry - check
Reporter for a newspaper in LA - check
Lauded by the "Intellectual Dark Web" - check
Irish - check

All the tell tale evidence is there to suggest a Jew somewhere in his not too distant family past

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:53 pm

I just got to the part about favorite presidents and Dan goes into his old anti war screed, and domestic spying, liberty, etc. He seems to have forgotten there are people in a Gulag that remember when he went mute as Obama started a min of 2 new wars and abused the fuck out of Domestic spying. Dan didn't say shit about that, and frankly it pisses me off.

While I've lampooned Dan a lot in the past, I've never been pissed at him. I'm a little pissed now at his disingenuousness in this show.
PLATA O PLOMO