Scott Adams Periscope

GloryofGreece

Re: Scott Adams Periscope

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:32 pm

Martin you sound a bit surprised and conufused as to why a marketing man is full of shit. Don't let comparison and hero worship get to you.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:47 pm

I do admire Metas. Opposite to the vast majority of the population who resent them.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:05 pm

You don't have to admire or resent them
The good, the true, & the beautiful

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:34 pm

Scott Adams has plenty of unique insight, I still listen fairly often but I find myself more and more contentious with him these days. I agree that he plays the middle-of-the-road card too frequently, confidently stroking his own ego from an ivory tower while refusing to take a stand, but usually it's the positions he takes with his trademark brand of smug persuasion, overlooking obvious counterpoints to his arguments, that annoys me. For the most part he tries to stay objective and play it straight though, and he puts out content every morning so it's hard not to listen when I'm at work doing paperwork. I rarely make it all the way through

Also for a guy that brags so often about having fuck-you money, you'd think he could invest in a proper microphone and sound set-up