Common Sense 318- For Whom the Bell Trolls

Penner

Common Sense 318- For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post by Penner » Sat May 26, 2018 11:48 am

If anyone cares there is a new Common Sense in my feed. I haven't listened to it, nor read the episode description, but it is up there.

Fife

Re: Common Sense 318- For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post by Fife » Sat May 26, 2018 11:58 am

I get all my breaking news from Penner. I don't have time to wait around.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat May 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Well, I looked and the last Common Sense episode to be posted was episode 316 and now we are at 318. Clearly, the love and respect for Dan has receded but still does anyone still listens to him?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 26, 2018 12:03 pm

It's definitely trolling for Dan.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat May 26, 2018 12:11 pm

I enjoyed it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat May 26, 2018 12:47 pm

my post from another thread where a few of us noticed the new episode
pineapplemike wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:02 am
For someone who, allegedly, is a part of the "Intellectual Dark Web," Dan Carlin sure seems oblivious to the growing numbers of long form discussions taking place that are not drenched in political polarization, trolls, or fake news. Why he seems so dead set on ignoring this growing hunger for martian perspectives and instead focuses on the low ball Russian bot threat is a mystery to me
I wish he would lower his own bar, he holds his own podcasting standards far too high. I'm not expecting the guy to predict the future or have any political prophecies, I just want to hear his opinions on the same issues he was talking about 4 and 8 years ago now that they are front and center in this new environment- surveillance state, executive overreach, whatever.

I understand he was a bit blindsided by the Trump development, as most of us were, but I noticed that even he is starting to come to grips with it when he talks about corruption being here long after Trump has left office. You can tell he's accepted it, has started to rationalize it and sees the bigger picture but he still makes it seem like this is totally impossible to decipher and no amount of critique can properly summarize the chaos thats going on.

Meanwhile he's hyping up some new history podcast that is essentially the same as his other history podcast, while his followers are cluelessly left in the dark because he can't even sustain the old podcasts to update fans on his new one

I'm not one to trash the guy, Dan Carlin is one of the reasons I listen to podcasts at all, his (former) forum has become a new internet home to me and his history series still stands tall above most of the others. I just want more content out of the guy and less meandering excuses for his absense. There was an FBI informant in the winning political campaign and this dude has nothing to say about it?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat May 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Trump. Hitler. What if he just drops a nuclear bomb or three? xDDDD just sayin

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun May 27, 2018 2:37 pm

A new common sense episode which delivers exactly nothing new.

Just an apology of sorts...

Dan has no answers... and no new ideas... he has ground to a halt.

All he can return to is Corruption...

And why must we "hate" each other.... he even delivers the "civil war" meme again...

Seriously?

How did this guy get invited onto the intellectual dark web page... he's got exactly nothing.

The current social and political situation is actually fascinating.
The rest of the intellectual dark web is thick with analysis of the situation that is compelling and opening up real critiques of the status quo...

Dan Carlin is going to sit this out. Too bad... maybe he'll put out a hardcore history episode sometime this year.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun May 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Personally, I was never into Dan's political ideas 100% in the past. Also, I remember his earlier shows to be about "States' Rights" topics and how maybe they all should be handled by each individual states. But this episode seems more about him not really getting into main ideas but keeping it as broad as possible. Maybe it's because he doesn't want to divulge too much into his disdain of Trump?

But I do agree that Trump isn't so much the problem but a symptom that won't go away any time soon. But Dan did mention how much he didn't like Clinton and how much sadden he was that it was between Trump and Clinton and that the only two options we had were far-crazy and Washington Insider that will be "business as usual".
Last edited by Penner on Sun May 27, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 27, 2018 5:43 pm

DrY still not getting the "intellectual dark web" is a group of liberals trying to hold the line. :whistle: