Revolutions

Speaker to Animals

Re: Revolutions

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:27 am

Changing the political makeup is different from the deeper philosophical and moral changes that were thrust upon our civilization by the so-called Enlightenment. It's been a disaster. Our civilization is dying because of it.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:27 pm

The ideas of the Enlightenment sprang out of the social changes as much as they furthered them...
Increasing trade was increasing the wealth of the merchant class.
Banking innovations were allowing this new class to invest in trade and manufacturing.
Cities were growing where people could earn a living as workers or tradesmen, pulling people away from their communities and traditions. The arts thrived in this setting creating a rich new cultural setting.
People started to question the old hierarchies that no longer responded to them in this new environment.
The nobility and church upper caste moved to the cities to avail themselves of the vibrant cultural scene that was growing... becoming increasingly detached from their traditional roles and responsibilities.

Enlightenment ideas followed these changes as much as they paved the way for further change.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:33 pm

Not really, dude. The Enlightenment was the natural consequence of the Protestant revolt. The idea that we are all equal, that there exists no rightful authority, etc. It all comes down to authority and this obviously false notion of equality.

This inconsistent nonsense is just running its course, and probably destroying western civilization in the process.

Now they don't even accept their own selves as an authority over anything. They think they have white privilege that clouds their judgment. Only the narrative provides some guiding light to them, though it's more like a willo-the-whisp leading them further into the swamp.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:25 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:33 pm
Not really, dude. The Enlightenment was the natural consequence of the Protestant revolt. The idea that we are all equal, that there exists no rightful authority, etc. It all comes down to authority and this obviously false notion of equality.

This inconsistent nonsense is just running its course, and probably destroying western civilization in the process.

Now they don't even accept their own selves as an authority over anything. They think they have white privilege that clouds their judgment. Only the narrative provides some guiding light to them, though it's more like a willo-the-whisp leading them further into the swamp.
No really dude,

The protestant reformation arose from the same period of social change.
The church authorities were disconnecting from their flocks to whom they should have been accountable.
They were moving to the cities where many engaged in ostentatious displays of wealth.... unaccountable to their base.
This hierarchy was no longer natural and healthy... it was corrupt and ripe for over through.
The new media of the printing press and the increase in education among commoners, of course allowed all of these abuses to be openly discussed... and the contradictions of scripture to be plainly apparent.

Certainly there continued to be natural and healthy versions of this same system... the problems in any system are never ubiquitous...
But when they reach a tipping point... change starts to move towards inevitability unless the hierarchy adapts and regains it's natural authority.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:51 am

See the similarities now?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:48 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:51 am
:clap:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:40 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
I see them... we aren't at the levels necessary for people to start moving towards violence, Paris mob style... but in 10 years, who knows?

Suburban Farmer?

Is this meant to go with your scythe wielding avatar?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:40 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:40 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
I see them... we aren't at the levels necessary for people to start moving towards violence, Paris mob style... but in 10 years, who knows?

Suburban Farmer?

Is this meant to go with your scythe wielding avatar?
Goes with my jumbo garden and developing food skills. :)

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:42 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Preparing for civilizational decline?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:36 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:42 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Preparing for civilizational decline?
Just securing an emergency food supply. I need to figure out how to purify lake water this year.

Even if I never need it, it’s healthier, tastier, and gives me a workout.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1826&hilit=Prepari ... ncertainty

Formerly GrumpyCatFace