Revolutions

Hastur

Re: Revolutions

Post by Hastur » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:09 am

I think your views on the so called third world is at least three decades past the last consumption date. What all that foreign aid failed to fix has mostly been taken care of by capitalism and more or less free markets.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:49 am

DrYouth wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 am
The main obstacle in dealing with actual liberals is in just getting them to see it. They are so immersed in that liberal/Enlightenment narrative, they can't extricate themselves far enough removed to see how terrible it all is.

To them the notion that we need to "uplift" all of humanity to be more like us is just some self-evident truth. They don't even question it. When you push back against that, they are often shocked by it. It's like somebody just said pizza tastes like shit to them. But, in this case, the pizza really does taste like shit. They've just been eating all their lives and have no idea.

The Marxists, on the other hand, know they are trying to destroy races and societies, and especially to destroy western civilization. They know exactly what they are fighting for. There is no debate to be had with them in the sense that we need to reach them. We just need to counter their ridiculous arguments in public to turn the tide against this unholy alliance between Marxism and globalism/liberalism.
According to Ken Wilbur"
There is liberalism which has a rational worldview, meritocratic and globalist and there is progressivism which has a postmodern worldview, and is globalist, "egalitarian" and obsessed with victimhood...
Other than these two we have ethnocentric (mythic worldview) and egocentric (archaic worldview)...

The only other choice is to move further forward beyond progressive.... which is to correct the flaws of progressivism and postmodernism and better include all people at their level... honouring each for where they genuinely find themselves.

I guess STA is arguing for a return to ethnocentrism and a mythic worldview....
But I see that as trying to wind back the clock...
And we all know the problems with time travel.
Wow, he named his straw man and everything.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:54 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:49 am
DrYouth wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 pm
I guess STA is arguing for a return to ethnocentrism and a mythic worldview....
Wow, he named his straw man and everything.
LOL, he said he was "guessing."

Keep "guessing," shrink. See how it works out.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:44 pm
As far as genetics.. just look at history.

If we are talking about European peoples or Asians or something like that, then sure, if they are down on their national luck and they need to get back on their feet, air drop as much food and supplies as we can spare.

If we are talking about Mayans or Mesoamerican descendents in Mexico and Central America.. same thing. Nobody can tell you with a straight face that these people didn't get farming down pat quite a long time ago.

But Sub-Saharan Africans? No, dude. There is so much more to this than just teaching people skills. You can teach -- and we have been teaching -- people to farm no problem. There is more to it. There are social structures and subtle biases towards various social interactions in play. There needs to be a genetic predisposition towards future planning. There needs to be a weakening of tribal social behaviors. These are things just off the top of my head that are obviously going to make it impossible to uplift these kinds of places to be like us.

And what makes you think they would be better off becoming like us?? I happen to think they had their own destiny before we went in there poverty pimping and virtue signaling them to death. The black nationalists are right about what we have done to these people. Fucking leave them alone.
I saw a thing years ago about the difference between traditional African settlements and communities versus the western style cities that are being built now. The distance between communities acted as another layer of protection from diseases spreading which is a significant issue there. Cloistering people into cities makes the disease rate shoot through the roof. I doubt those cities are going to last long.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:27 am

I was listening to Rubin interview Heather Heying...

It got me to thinking about Evergreen College... and how it could be seen as a microcosm of the French Revolution...
The administrators playing the role of the naïve liberal nobles and the student body the freshly empowered sans culottes.
In the name of liberty the sans culottes proceed to destroy the college that they are entrusted throwing some of the finest professors to the guillotine... we know the destiny of these naïve liberal nobles in advance.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:33 am

DrYouth wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:27 am
I was listening to Rubin interview Heather Heying...

It got me to thinking about Evergreen College... and how it could be seen as a microcosm of the French Revolution...
The administrators playing the role of the naïve liberal nobles and the student body the freshly empowered sans culottes.
In the name of liberty the sans culottes proceed to destroy the college that they are entrusted throwing some of the finest professors to the guillotine... we know the destiny of these naïve liberal nobles in advance.
Sadly instead of the guillotine they'll just be graduating with a degree in worthlessness, any reasonable employer will circular file a resume with a "degree" from Evergreen like the plague - why would anyone want to invite that shit into their business?

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 am

Ph64 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:33 am
Sadly instead of the guillotine they'll just be graduating with a degree in worthlessness, any reasonable employer will circular file a resume with a "degree" from Evergreen like the plague - why would anyone want to invite that shit into their business?
When you hear Weinstein and Heying talk about their teaching model before they got canned it was pretty impressive.
Seems like at least those two were delivering some pretty solid education before the storming of the Bastille.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:05 am

DrYouth wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 am
Ph64 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:33 am
When you hear Weinstein and Heying talk about their teaching model before they got canned it was pretty impressive.
Seems like at least those two were delivering some pretty solid education before the storming of the Bastille.
And they teach Science! Imagine the shit in the humanities. Its so shitty that the Humanities have declined hugely in the past 40 + years. I was lucky to have at least very professional History, Religion, Philosophy, Literature and Political Science professors. I graduated in 2007 with a MA in History and out of all the idk 50 professors I had in all subject areas only 2 were definitely "liberal/progressives" that were into critical theory, post colonial, post structural, frankfurt school shit. And even then they didn't grade me harshly because I challenged them and said stupid shit in class.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:54 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:05 am
And they teach Science! Imagine the shit in the humanities. Its so shitty that the Humanities have declined hugely in the past 40 + years. I was lucky to have at least very professional History, Religion, Philosophy, Literature and Political Science professors. I graduated in 2007 with a MA in History and out of all the idk 50 professors I had in all subject areas only 2 were definitely "liberal/progressives" that were into critical theory, post colonial, post structural, frankfurt school shit. And even then they didn't grade me harshly because I challenged them and said stupid shit in class.
It's time to start cutting out the rot...
Beyond walkaway... there needs to be a revolt from within the ranks challenging the ideology... from the center-left and embracing the reasonable right.
I personally am hopeful the IDW movement will gain momentum...
But it has to move beyond IDW... Intellectual Dark Web is simply too retarded a moniker.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:57 am

I am fairly certain #Walkaway is an astroturfed meme campaign, but okay.