The Rubin Report

Ex-California

Re: The Rubin Report

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:26 am

Sure, that's life but being permanently disqualified from participation in governance without the option of rectifying that situation is slavery

All of the other options we've discussed to limit the franchise have a built in option for someone to work themselves into the kind of citizen that can have the franchise.

Sure, you may not have the talent to be the star quarterback, but you do have options to get the millions of dollars and therefore the pussy (because we know with money, comes pussy) if you work hard enough and risk enough using your other talents.

I'm fine with limiting the franchise, but there's no true liberty unless anyone has the option to get into the voting class if they make the right decisions in life. There's a difference between hardships that are self-inflicted compared to those that people are born into
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:38 am

It is not slavery at all.

Sovereignty is the special right to make war. A sovereign needs to be a warrior. If you cannot be a warrior, then it's a mistake to give you sovereignty, even when diluted by popular sovereignty.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 am

I also reject this notion that voting is your birth right. It's not.

And there's nowhere else in the world where that idea would fly, either.

Name one other place where you can just walk in and tell people how to operate just because you're alive.

I tell you one thing though. These chickens sure think shitting on my back porch is their damn birth right. Time to go reign in the franchise.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:45 pm

I agree. Fascists go first.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Right after you guys manage to ban plastic straws. Lol.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:11 pm

I lifted a whole box of plastic straws this afternoon, fam. Got em tucked away in the tool box in the bed of my F-150.

Anybody want to go for multiple boxes with me Saturday morning?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Fife wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:11 pm
I lifted a whole box of plastic straws this afternoon, fam. Got em tucked away in the tool box in the bed of my F-150.

Anybody want to go for multiple boxes with me Saturday morning?
Yes. Tell me where.

My wife gets those paper straws and they are awful
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 am

Name one other place where you can just walk in and tell people how to operate just because you're alive.
Our forebears: “Taxation without representation.” Also, our forebears. We indeed have a birthright. (Also, it is somewhat surprising to hear a Christian suggest they walked here.)

BTW, Quakers were here much longer than most, didn’t fight, and were some of the bravest Americans in history. You would disenfranchise Americans based on their religious beliefs.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:34 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:

Our forebears: “Taxation without representation.” Also, our forebears. We indeed have a birthright. (Also, it is somewhat surprising to hear a Christian suggest they walked here.)

BTW, Quakers were here much longer than most, didn’t fight, and were some of the bravest Americans in history. You would disenfranchise Americans based on their religious beliefs.
:lol:

They were talking about the colonies themselves, not every last person who lived in them. If you tried to tell them they supported your position they'd tell you to stick with cooking and laundry, princess. Out of all Americans, they are nowhere near your side.

Okee and I do not have a prob leave with any citizen voting as long as they serve in the military.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:35 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:

At what point does the birthright of suffrage attach?

Is it at 32 weeks gestation? Or 4 weeks? Fill me in.