The Rubin Report

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Rubin Report

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:23 am

You really do not grasp how endless war is a direct consequence of civilian freeloading, do you?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:29 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:23 am
You really do not grasp how endless war is a direct consequence of civilian freeloading, do you?
I have already said, multiple times, that I'm fine with mandatory public service.
:royalty-queen:

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 am

Muh slavery.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 am
Muh slavery.
Community is a good thing. Muh vaccinations, muh roads.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:51 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 am
Fife wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 am
Muh slavery.
Community is a good thing. Muh vaccinations, muh roads.
I have a position on vaccinations related to my "community." Roads, also. In my community, we have the best of both and lots of other stuff we haven't even dreamed of yet.

Your community is based upon a gun placed against the base of a child's skull. Congrats on your vaccinations and your roads; and especially on your slaves.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:55 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:29 am
I have already said, multiple times, that I'm fine with mandatory public service.
That's not what we are discussing.

We are discussing voluntary military service as a prerequisite for enfranchisement.

We are discussing the fact that, because the vast majority of the electorate will never serve in the armed forces, wars do no really make any distinction in the polls. We get war-mongering politicians because not enough people care. Obama can get elected on anti-war rhetoric and then proceed to ramp up the wars with zero costs to himself. Why? If all those people who voted for Obama had to fight Obama's wars for him, then Obama would not have won a second term and we might not be looking at a second civil war right now.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:28 am

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:55 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:29 am
That's not what we are discussing.

We are discussing voluntary military service as a prerequisite for enfranchisement.

We are discussing the fact that, because the vast majority of the electorate will never serve in the armed forces, wars do no really make any distinction in the polls. We get war-mongering politicians because not enough people care. Obama can get elected on anti-war rhetoric and then proceed to ramp up the wars with zero costs to himself. Why? If all those people who voted for Obama had to fight Obama's wars for him, then Obama would not have won a second term and we might not be looking at a second civil war right now.
The population needs more skin in the game. Presidents get us into endless wars because there is no cost to them. Agreed, but think it through. What do you plan on doing with that many soldiers?

To say that if someone you don't like gets elected means you're becoming a traitor: it's crazy and normal people don't feel that way. Normal people didn't start screaming that we were going to kill our fellow citizens when W was elected. I'm not going to start demanding that MAGAs should be rounded up.

Maybe normal should be the prerequisite for enfranchisement. I'm sick of the crazies and so is just about everyone else.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:40 pm

You've already been told that most people would just not vote.

If sixty grand couldn't get them to join then voting sure as shit can't either.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:46 am

What about those who want to join but have physical limitations?

And I'm not even talking about obvious ones, I'm talking about something like otherwise healthy people with something like screws in their leg or excema that are currently disqualifying conditions.

I understand your point about the $60k, but I think the endless war scenario had as much to do with people not wanting to join up at that time compared with just not wanting to get the money
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:16 am

You are still operating under the notion that voting should be some universal human right. It's not.

I wish I could be a star quarterback, swimming in pussy and millions of dollars. I was not born with that talent. Life.