The Rubin Report

Okeefenokee

Re: The Rubin Report

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:52 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:39 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:30 pm

You've got millions of kids in their twenties with college degrees who can't find work for their useless degrees.

You've got millions of veterans with college degrees, families, years of work experience, and property.
What percentage of college graduates can’t find work? What percentage of veterans get college degrees and own property?
:roll:

Do your own work.

All of this is you obscuring the fact that you want universal franchise for free.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:57 pm

We already have universal enfranchisement. You mutterfukker Fascists are going to have to take it by force. You first, fucker. Get your goddamn gun and come take it. Fuckin’ pussy.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:52 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:39 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:30 pm

You've got millions of kids in their twenties with college degrees who can't find work for their useless degrees.

You've got millions of veterans with college degrees, families, years of work experience, and property.
What percentage of college graduates can’t find work? What percentage of veterans get college degrees and own property?
:roll:

Do your own work.

All of this is you obscuring the fact that you want universal franchise for free.
It belongs to me. It is my birthright. It is our country, our citizenship, regardless of when we became citizens. We should be teaching our children that service is our privilege in return for this gift. All public service, however they can best serve. If this was part of their curriculum we’d have a much stronger country.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 pm

17 years of undeclared war with no shared sacrifice from the people screeching at the thought of actually having to pay up.

Remember that when this all comes crashing down around you.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 pm
17 years of undeclared war with no shared sacrifice from the people screeching at the thought of actually having to pay up.

Do you think I voted for any of these wars? I would be very happy to lose my job from lack of work.

It’s all not going to come crashing down, though. People aren’t signing up and we’re all sick of wars that exist solely for the elite’s profit.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:

Do you think I voted for any of these wars? I would be very happy to lose my job from lack of work.

It’s all not going to come crashing down, though. People aren’t signing up and we’re all sick of wars that exist solely for the elite’s profit.
There's that not my fault attitude again.
To an astonishing degree, Roosevelt and his lieutenants made good on both elements of this formula. When it came to raising an army, therefore, inclusiveness became a defining precept. Rather than relying on volunteers, the United States implemented a system of conscription similar to the one devised for World War I. The draft took black and white, rich and poor, the famous and the obscure, Ivy Leaguers and high school dropouts. In order to field a force that peaked at twelve million serving members, the armed services inducted just about anyone meeting their mental and physical prerequisites. The sons of leading politicians like President Roosevelt served, as did the sons of multimillionaires like Joseph P. Kennedy. Hollywood idols Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Henry Fonda, Clark Gable, Tyrone Power, and James Stewart found themselves in uniform. So, too, did A-list movie directors Frank Capra, John Ford, John Huston, George Stevens, and William Wyler; baseball stars Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, and Hank Greenberg; and boxing greats Joe Louis and Gene Tunney. In other words, the United States waged World War II with a citizen army that reflected the reigning precepts of American democracy (not least of all in its adherence to Jim Crow practices). Never again would U.S. forces reflect comparable diversity. Never again would they demonstrate comparable levels of overall effectiveness. Service exacted sacrifice. Patterson’s Axiom applied across the board. Among the four hundred thousand American lives claimed by World War II were nineteen players from the National Football League.5 Glenn Miller, America’s most popular bandleader, was killed while serving with the U.S. Army Air Forces. Harvard University contributed its share. Inscribed on one wall of the university’s Memorial Church are the names of 453 Harvard men who died in World War II—just 35 fewer than the total number of West Pointers lost.6 Harvard’s dead included four members of the university faculty and the nation’s commander in chief (class of 1904). The citizen-army’s strengths and limitations as a fighting force reflected—and affirmed—the civil-military contract forged for the duration, the essence of which was a widely shared determination “to get the goddam thing over and get home,” the sooner the better.7 According to the novelist James Gould Cozzens, a World War II veteran, the average soldier lost little sleep contemplating the question “why we fight.” Only a single definition of purpose “carried or ever could carry any weight with him.”

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:33 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:

To an astonishing degree, Roosevelt and his lieutenants made good on both elements of this formula. When it came to raising an army, therefore, inclusiveness became a defining precept. Rather than relying on volunteers, the United States implemented a system of conscription similar to the one devised for World War I. The draft took black and white, rich and poor, the famous and the obscure, Ivy Leaguers and high school dropouts. In order to field a force that peaked at twelve million serving members, the armed services inducted just about anyone meeting their mental and physical prerequisites. The sons of leading politicians like President Roosevelt served, as did the sons of multimillionaires like Joseph P. Kennedy. Hollywood idols Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Henry Fonda, Clark Gable, Tyrone Power, and James Stewart found themselves in uniform. So, too, did A-list movie directors Frank Capra, John Ford, John Huston, George Stevens, and William Wyler; baseball stars Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, and Hank Greenberg; and boxing greats Joe Louis and Gene Tunney. In other words, the United States waged World War II with a citizen army that reflected the reigning precepts of American democracy (not least of all in its adherence to Jim Crow practices). Never again would U.S. forces reflect comparable diversity. Never again would they demonstrate comparable levels of overall effectiveness. Service exacted sacrifice. Patterson’s Axiom applied across the board. Among the four hundred thousand American lives claimed by World War II were nineteen players from the National Football League.5 Glenn Miller, America’s most popular bandleader, was killed while serving with the U.S. Army Air Forces. Harvard University contributed its share. Inscribed on one wall of the university’s Memorial Church are the names of 453 Harvard men who died in World War II—just 35 fewer than the total number of West Pointers lost.6 Harvard’s dead included four members of the university faculty and the nation’s commander in chief (class of 1904). The citizen-army’s strengths and limitations as a fighting force reflected—and affirmed—the civil-military contract forged for the duration, the essence of which was a widely shared determination “to get the goddam thing over and get home,” the sooner the better.7 According to the novelist James Gould Cozzens, a World War II veteran, the average soldier lost little sleep contemplating the question “why we fight.” Only a single definition of purpose “carried or ever could carry any weight with him.”

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:44 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 pm

How is this remotely my fault? The draft ended because Korea and then Vietnam made it unpalatable. I’m old but not that old.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:52 am

No one asked you if you thought it was your fault.

You brought that up on your own because you think it's a shield.

It's no different than your legitimate war clause.

Oh you'd love to do your part, but this isn't your fault, and this war isn't legitimate.

It's just never ending excuses with people like you.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:11 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:52 am
No one asked you if you thought it was your fault.

You brought that up on your own because you think it's a shield.

It's no different than your legitimate war clause.

Oh you'd love to do your part, but this isn't your fault, and this war isn't legitimate.
Irrational anger per usual.

Do my part how? What, exactly, do you think I should do?