Escaping racism

Hastur

Re: Escaping racism

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:07 am

Here's one more. She's doing the rounds on TV sofas over here promoting a documentary.

More:
I was a neo-Nazi. Then I fell in love with a black woman

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 am

JohnDonne wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Most of them are not that bad.

If Obama can hang out with Nation of Islam, then you should be okay.

Let's just all agree that "racism" is not a big issue unless it becomes government policy and drop the virtue posturing.
Lynchings weren’t government policy but I consider those pretty bad outcomes of racism. Hard to unsee photos of human beings being roasted by a mob like it’s a Sunday picnic.

Not that I think neo nazis are evil boogeymen more than otherwise ordinary people seeking a meaning and order in a chaotic world, but I’ll call a spade a spade, though I notice there is a push to hijack language as well on the alt-right, to use euphemisms and fake ironic racism, it strikes me as disingenuous.

What strikes me as disengenuous is people on the left constantly counter-signalling "racism", when all if the racism and sexism most of us deal with on a weekly basis and, indeed, the only forms of racism and sexism implemented by law all come from themselves.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Most of them are not that bad.

If Obama can hang out with Nation of Islam, then you should be okay.

Let's just all agree that "racism" is not a big issue unless it becomes government policy and drop the virtue posturing.
Lynchings weren’t government policy but I consider those pretty bad outcomes of racism. Hard to unsee photos of human beings being roasted by a mob like it’s a Sunday picnic.

Not that I think neo nazis are evil boogeymen more than otherwise ordinary people seeking a meaning and order in a chaotic world, but I’ll call a spade a spade, though I notice there is a push to hijack language as well on the alt-right, to use euphemisms and fake ironic racism, it strikes me as disingenuous.

What strikes me as disengenuous is people on the left constantly counter-signalling "racism", when all if the racism and sexism most of us deal with on a weekly basis and, indeed, the only forms of racism and sexism implemented by law all come from themselves.
Carry on with monotonously mainstream sjw bashing then, keep finding the dumbest people you can to represent the opposition, and counter signal to a like minded forum hive, always use what aboutism like it’s a valid argumentative tactic. Meanwhile, I grow stronger with each passing day.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:38 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:

Carry on with monotonously mainstream sjw bashing then, keep finding the dumbest people you can to represent the opposition, and counter signal to a like minded forum hive, always use what aboutism like it’s a valid argumentative tactic. Meanwhile, I grow stronger with each passing day.
If you want to call most of the elected people in the democratic party the dumbest people I can find, then that's fine, but one wonders why you keep electing them..

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:38 am

JohnDonne wrote:

If you want to call most of the elected people in the democratic party the dumbest people I can find, then that's fine, but one wonders why you keep electing them..
I’m not here to defend democrat politicians, I liked Sanders for many reasons that should have appealed to the swamp hating Trump voters on this board, I understand the rationale for voting for Trump and have attempted to take a wait and see approach. But it’s quite obvious to me you’re only spitting out one side’s kool-aid. So you’re hacking all day. Which is fine, you don’t want common ground, you want secession, you want culture war, ok, then I as someone that tries to be open minded toward other views, that is interested in finding the commonalities, cannot make a political movement with you. I guess I’m still hopeful that what Carlin wanted to see might happen, an independent party made of the pieces that don’t have a place, united in a desire to fix a broken political system, fight corruption. If it’s just what aboutism, if we can’t agree that neo-nazis are not a good thing, if it’s anti-Democrat bias all day long that’s not going to work, but perhaps you’ve found your movement already.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:43 pm

JohnDonne wrote: I’m not here to defend democrat politicians, I liked Sanders for many reasons that should have appealed to the swamp hating Trump voters on this board, I understand the rationale for voting for Trump and have attempted to take a wait and see approach. But it’s quite obvious to me you’re only spitting out one side’s kool-aid. So you’re hacking all day. Which is fine, you don’t want common ground, you want secession, you want culture war, ok, then I as someone that tries to be open minded toward other views, that is interested in finding the commonalities, cannot make a political movement with you. I guess I’m still hopeful that what Carlin wanted to see might happen, an independent party made of the pieces that don’t have a place, united in a desire to fix a broken political system, fight corruption. If it’s just what aboutism, if we can’t agree that neo-nazis are not a good thing, if it’s anti-Democrat bias all day long that’s not going to work, but perhaps you’ve found your movement already.

Biggest problem with Trump, imo. If you're interested in dialing back the culture war rather than opening new fronts, there is little reason to support him.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Tikkun Olam

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:19 am

JohnDonne wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:

What do you mean by you grow stronger?

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:48 pm

I grow stronger by exposing myself to hostile argument pathogens, in turn my intellectual immune system creates anti-bodies.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:58 pm

i have grown stronger after watching this video