Escaping racism

JohnDonne

Re: Escaping racism

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:As far as "escaping racism", what the fuck does that word even mean any longer. The left seems to imply it means somebody who doesn't agree with cultural Marxism.
You are right that the word has been distorted consciously by the left from its original definition, but that doesn’t mean we can’t use the word according to its original definition. And the dude on the podcast was actually a racist, he would go out and assault black people, the whole nine yards.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:11 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:I didn’t even know there were any Nazis, but somehow one shows up there? Has anybody here actually met a Nazi? Where do they hang out?
You’ve probably met more than a few, they’re normal seeming folk. Antifa actually doxxed this like, yuppie-hippie looking couple here that worked in the marijuana industry. Just looking at them I was like, “must be a witch hunt”, but I must say, after glancing at some of their communications, they were as hardcore Nazi as the skinheads on stormfront.
That's anecdotal evidence. I'm an attorney: have YOU met a Nazi?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:12 pm

I though you went to college in Idaho?

I met a bunch of them out there.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:17 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:I didn’t even know there were any Nazis, but somehow one shows up there? Has anybody here actually met a Nazi? Where do they hang out?
You’ve probably met more than a few, they’re normal seeming folk. Antifa actually doxxed this like, yuppie-hippie looking couple here that worked in the marijuana industry. Just looking at them I was like, “must be a witch hunt”, but I must say, after glancing at some of their communications, they were as hardcore Nazi as the skinheads on stormfront.
If I cited personal experience, that would be anecdotal, instead I cited a news story. But yes I have hung out with dudes with swastikas carved into their chests, I didn’t like specifically ask them about their rationale for it though, more just thinking I should probably not hang out with them when I saw it.

Here’s the news story:

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/ ... i.html.csp

From the article, it seems like a bizarre misunderstanding, but go to the actual communication logs and they’re pretty straight up.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:28 pm

Most of them are not that bad.

If Obama can hang out with Nation of Islam, then you should be okay.

Let's just all agree that "racism" is not a big issue unless it becomes government policy and drop the virtue posturing.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Most of them are not that bad.

If Obama can hang out with Nation of Islam, then you should be okay.

Let's just all agree that "racism" is not a big issue unless it becomes government policy and drop the virtue posturing.
Lynchings weren’t government policy but I consider those pretty bad outcomes of racism. Hard to unsee photos of human beings being roasted by a mob like it’s a Sunday picnic.

Not that I think neo nazis are evil boogeymen more than otherwise ordinary people seeking a meaning and order in a chaotic world, but I’ll call a spade a spade, though I notice there is a push to hijack language as well on the alt-right, to use euphemisms and fake ironic racism, it strikes me as disingenuous.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Either way the podcast was interesting to listen to. I listened at work a week or two ago, I remember being a little turned off when they were discussing current events but his story and perspective were intriguing to hear about

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:51 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:
If I cited personal experience, that would be anecdotal, instead I cited a news story. But yes I have hung out with dudes with swastikas carved into their chests, I didn’t like specifically ask them about their rationale for it though, more just thinking I should probably not hang out with them when I saw it.

Here’s the news story:

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/ ... i.html.csp

From the article, it seems like a bizarre misunderstanding, but go to the actual communication logs and they’re pretty straight up.
How did I miss Nazis my whole life? Damn, I'm sheltered.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:37 pm

These debates are probably better. I haven't listened to any of this guys interviews or debates. I just don't see anything interesting about some guy on the ADL circuit with a come to Jesus message.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:19 am

The first debate: That Jason guy is unappealing on so many levels, clearly dishonest, no responsibility for his actions, repeats the same robotic talking points over and over. Seems like sociopath that doesn't even buy into the story he's peddling.

Richard Spencer: A more interesting individual, like if Malfoy grew up and wasn't a wizard. Seems like a person that is actually interested in having a real conversation. I would watch a debate between him and good opponent.