The Myth of the 20th Century

GloryofGreece

Re: The Myth of the 20th Century

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:39 pm

The Syndicate was great. I listened to the Blood Libel episode and while it was fascinating but have you read that the black guy later admitted to killing the girl? Do you have any info on that I can look into? B/c I don't think they addressed the late confession...
Last edited by GloryofGreece on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:34 pm

I dont no. I was unaware of that.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:06 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:34 pm
I dont no. I was unaware of that.
I had some "facts" messed up. It wasn't a confession rather a super late alledged witness changes his story before he died. Who knows what the fuck happened. But this website is interesting. Some good chronology of the relevant events.
https://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Leo_Frank
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:44 am

Hmm, Hadn't heard of Metapedia so I looked it up.
Metapedia is an electronic encyclopedia which contains authoritarian far-right, white nationalist, white supremacist, antisemitic, Holocaust denial, and neo-Nazi points of view.[2][3][4][5] The site describes itself as focusing on European culture, art, science, philosophy, and politics. It was officially launched on 26 October 2006 with the Swedish-language edition.[6][7] The English edition was launched on 28 April 2007.[6][8] The Hungarian edition has the most articles: 144,189 as of 27 September 2013.[9]
The site has more than 20,000 articles in English, many of which were ported directly from Wikipedia and are listed as "Articles in need of neutralization", after which the website adds in extremist and/or racist material.[citation needed] Topics covered include European history, Norse mythology, and white nationalist music.[16] The Register states that "a good percentage of Metapedia's content seems to be dedicated to Woden, the White Order of Thule, runes, and other subject matter which would undoubtedly have found favour with Aryan hocus-pocus aficionado Heinrich Himmler."[3] Crítica de la Argentina says Metapedia has glowing descriptions of Adolf Hitler and other Nazi figures.[17] Daniel Goldhagen describes it as seeking "to create (currently in 18 languages) an anti-Semitic informational universe."[
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metapedia
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:02 am

That's harious.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:11 am

Quora sums it up well.
https://www.quora.com/Is-Metapedia-as-l ... -Wikipedia
TL:DR - It is totalitarian nationalistic and history-denying, anti-semitic, holocaust defaming gibberish-propaganda
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:14 am

Conservapedia's opinion...
Metapedia is a wiki site, established circa 2005-2006, that promotes an anti-American (Euro-centric), racist, and antisemitic view of politics, culture, the arts and sciences. Available in English and now in ten additional languages, Metapedia also maintains links to WikiSlavia, in Russian and Siberian. The site labels the Holocaust as "the holohoax" and denigrates both the character and intelligence of Jews, black people and other non-European peoples. The site lists Conservapedia accuses Conservapedia of promoting a neoconservative worldview and ironically being "rife with Marxist phraseology",[1] presumably because Conservapedia condemns evolutionary racism, which Metapedia explicitly supports.
https://www.conservapedia.com/Metapedia

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:18 am

So many of these 'apedia sites.
Metapedia is an Encyclopedia for Paleo-conservatives, Traditionalists, New-Righters, Fascist, Nationalist, Racists, anti-Marxists and Christian-Fundamentalists. They imagine Adolf Hitler was good.

Metapedia, much like other Neo-Nazi sites, will dress itself up as an intellectual, civilized, and rational site. So it tries to romanticize words and phrases into making People believe that it is a credible site. Many of these sites feature articles and studies from thoroughly debunked books, journals, and scholars and will present debunked material as Fact.
http://liberapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Metapedia

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:22 am

Even Urban dictionary has an opinion.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... =Metapedia
A wiki created by and for white supremacists that typically takes a pro-nazi, pro-aryan look at different subjects. Well, not really - these different subjects basically amount to talking shit about black people.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:26 am