New HH Episode forth coming!

DBTrek

Re: New HH Episode forth coming!

Post by DBTrek » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:02 pm

Maybe he got all the content out.

Maybe that's all there was, and he's a dry well now.

Or . . . maybe he threw his lot in with the Punch-A-Nazi crowd (and anyone right of Che Guevarra is a Nazi) and now he can't put out thought provoking content without being lynched as an evil white man by his new friends. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled his old "There are things we're not allowed to talk about, like race and racial statistics" episode completely out of the back catalog. That's the danger of joining the rising cult. You have to keep ideologically pure or face the inquisition.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:22 pm

Dan should only do shows on the Tulsa Oklahoma race riot from now on. This event happened within most American's lifetimes (proving racism is still alive and well), and impartial non white supremacist historical archives put the death toll at 40 million which means that not only is this the worst incident that ever happened on Earth, but it also proves that the United States was a far worse country to live in than the Soviet Union, which never intentionally killed any member of its society. I would like a six parter on this. Additionally, Dan could discuss how the fatality numbers for Stalin and Mao are completely off the mark, and that during the Great Depression and Recession of 2008, more people starved to death than during the entire era of communism, including its World Wide supposed death toll (impressively disproven by Slate.com history podcast). This would be a great way for Dan to shore up his base, and finally get the truth out. Maybe he could invite John Oliver on as a guest, so we could get some Martian insight that is radically different than the views of the media. That kind of alien perspective would make me feel like the buck a show donation is truly bringing Rod Stewart back to life. It would be less Monsters on Maple Street, and more Klansmen on Every Street. As long as PBS approves the show, I think Dan could do it. I'm just worried he won't be willing to think outside the box like that. Most people are unaware of America's evil past, and are too busy studying the history of the supposed genocides that occurred during Asia, Africa, and Europe during the 20th century. Dan really needs to bring light to this overlooked topic. It may just make you do some reddit research threads.
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:52 am

Pretty good episode, and the Stanton book that Dan sourced looks like it's going to be a good audible pick-up. https://www.audible.com/pd/In-Harms-Way ... B01KIQGXWO

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:52 am

Fife wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:52 am
Pretty good episode, and the Stanton book that Dan sourced looks like it's going to be a good audible pick-up. https://www.audible.com/pd/In-Harms-Way ... B01KIQGXWO

I always enjoyed the interviews with the real soldiers from band of brothers at the beginning of the episodes. History Channel used to have some great veteran interviews before it turned into the Iceroad logger Alien pyramid channel.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:00 pm

I don't want anything to ruin Clint's monologue. As far as I am concerned, that was history. Because I am pretty sure Dan is going to fuck up the narrative.

In fact, somebody who can write and act well should just do a podcast called Clint's History and just do that for all the historical events.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:06 pm

There's nothing super about it; just Dan riffing on that Stanton audiobook I expect. But that Stanton book looks like a winner. So Dan's at least helping to sell some history books.

Dan gave some appropriate tribute to Jaws. The Towering Inferno, Poseidon Adventure, and Titanic stuff, meh, not so sure.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:00 pm
I don't want anything to ruin Clint's monologue. As far as I am concerned, that was history. Because I am pretty sure Dan is going to fuck up the narrative.
Jaws is one of my favorite movies of all time. It is a summer blockbuster that is not complete shit. Have you ever read the Peter Benchley book it is based off of? It is suprisingly awful lol. Almost without exception, the book is better than the film, but not in the case of Jaws. In the book, Hooper has an affair with Brody's wife, the mayor of Amity owes money to Mob and the shark closing the beaches basically bankrupted him. The one interesting part of the book is the way they explained how tourism fueled the town's economy, and the shark attacks could essentially cause the entire town to go under. Lol also Quint uses a dead baby dolphin as bait for the shark and gets into environmental debates with Hooper. The other weird thing about the book is the way they hunted the shark. In the movie, they stay out on the water for multiple days cut off from land, not returning until they catch it. In the book, the boat simply goes out in the day patrols the water for the shark, and returns back to Amity every night. This utterly kills the suspense. The ending seemed of the book was basically a rip off of Moby Cock where Quint is drowned by the shark and pulled under. Anyway, that movie the Deep was also based off Benchley, and it has a scene in the beginning where this hot French Chick is scuba diving in a white t-shirt and you can see her tits and nipples perfectly. I didn't watch the rest of that film but its a great scene in the beginning.

lool nvrmind I thought you were talking about Quint from Jaws and his monologue. I don't know what Clint's history is disregard this entire post.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Imagine Clint describing the Battle of Thermopylae as a hoplite who was actually there and somehow survived.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:11 pm

In fact, somebody who can write and act well should just do a podcast called Clint's History and just do that for all the historical events.
*Quint

Robert Shaw was total badass. Hard living caught up with him pretty early on.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:11 pm

*Quint

Robert Shaw was total badass. Hard living caught up with him pretty early on.

Ok he was talking about Quint. That was my first thought. Did you know Robert Shaw was in Jaws?
Shikata ga nai