New HH Episode forth coming!

SuburbanFarmer

Re: New HH Episode forth coming!

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:45 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:It would be nice to have something more geared towards people that are aware of the world, but he’s not just broadcasting to us. He’s trying to reach the Normies, which has made him (at one point) the most popular podcaster in the world.

There are some others, but nobody is going to make a niche show specifically for raving lunatics like us. The markets just not big enough.
I agree, the broad slice of his downloads are now Normies. I don't believe the Normies are making the short leap to what is going on today, because they are living lives mostly influenced by popular social media....... And Dan is making a Killing off the Normies (good for you Dan), when Dan was just listened to the raving lunatics like us he was still begging for spare change out of the ash tray.

This is why I believe Dan almost has a responsibility to take his show from being about human nature that is safely behind us in history to pointing out it's still happening and if you fuck up civilization it can still happen here to us.
Not gonna happen, amigo. He's got a product now, and he supports his family with it.

When you present reality to normies, they simply call you crazy and walk away. You can't force a fish to see the tank.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:53 pm

I agree............. This is why some history is Too Hardcore for Carlin.

In this last show I really loved the stuff about the Executioners and how they lived their lives........... fantastic stuff.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:34 pm

C-Mag wrote:I agree............. This is why some history is Too Hardcore for Carlin.

In this last show I really loved the stuff about the Executioners and how they lived their lives........... fantastic stuff.
Yeah, that was bizarre. Can’t even imagine doing that for a living.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Best episode in a long, long time. Finally a hardcore topic with lots of sources that gave me a lot of new knowledge. I was a bit upset at first and wondered if he would dare to mention ISIS and Saudi Arabia but when I realized he was exploring executions as a form of entertainment in our history I didn’t miss that angle. The long perspective was the right way to tell this story.
Dan has talked a lot about horrible execution methods and torture before so I can imagine a lot of the things that ended up on the cutting room floor. I think the material he focused on was right for the story. Good length for me.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:02 pm

Tbf, he did reference an ISIS execution video too.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Yes, and I think he mentioned public beheadings in SA as well but only as points of reference which was quite appropriate considering his chosen angle.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Finished this episode...

Pretty damn eye opening.

His description of the midevil executions and the religious angle was mind blowing.

The fact that we live in one of the only periods in human history (just over 150 years or so... I guess) where live executions haven't been spectacle is totally crazy.

Especially following on Danielle Bolleli and Darryl Cooper's podcast detailing the history of human sacrifice and ritual cannibalism....

WTF?

Also listened to Bolleli's podcast on Gladiators... also epic.

Crazy how the three of these guys have all come together on the same territory...

What is going on here?

And why am I suddenly feeling like I'm missing out on something?

BTW GloryofGreece... maybe time to change the thread title.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:19 pm

DrYouth wrote:
And why am I suddenly feeling like I'm missing out on something?
Your practice and field of study is based around very modern sensibilities. It would probably do your profession a lot of good to take into account a broader view of 'human nature'. We are very different creatures than we present ourselves to get through life. No one should forget that.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:14 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Your practice and field of study is based around very modern sensibilities. It would probably do your profession a lot of good to take into account a broader view of 'human nature'. We are very different creatures than we present ourselves to get through life. No one should forget that.
Well depth psychology... as built upon the foundations set by Freud and Jung has always taken this into account...
In fact Cooper and Bolleli both draw on this in their explorations of the topic... Cooper cribs liberally from Freud... and Bolleli is essentially talking about Death Anxiety and Existential psychology when he talks about the appeal of the Gladiator facing death without flinching in the arena.
Carlin mostly draws on Star Trek... but Star Trek drew on the insights of depth psychology a lot.

That all being said... until these guys actually lay out the extent of human history and how incredibly recent our modern sensibilities developed in... it doesn't really hit you.... We were essentially watching executions, participating in human sacrifices and ritual cannibalism until just yesterday evolutionarily speaking.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:24 pm

DrYouth wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Your practice and field of study is based around very modern sensibilities. It would probably do your profession a lot of good to take into account a broader view of 'human nature'. We are very different creatures than we present ourselves to get through life. No one should forget that.
Well depth psychology... as built upon the foundations set by Freud and Jung has always taken this into account...
In fact Cooper and Bolleli both draw on this in their explorations of the topic... Cooper cribs liberally from Freud... and Bolleli is essentially talking about Death Anxiety and Existential psychology when he talks about the appeal of the Gladiator facing death without flinching in the arena.
Carlin mostly draws on Star Trek... but Star Trek drew on the insights of depth psychology a lot.

That all being said... until these guys actually lay out the extent of human history and how incredibly recent our modern sensibilities developed in... it doesn't really hit you.... We were essentially watching executions, participating in human sacrifices and ritual cannibalism until just yesterday evolutionarily speaking.
Yep. And our entire society is now programmed to present us all as harmless teddy bears, with no other urges than to consume and fuck (but very secretively). The cognitive dissonance is dangerous, and explains a lot of our problems with mass shooters/terrorists/etc.

People respond to stimuli the same as they ever did. Only now, that stimuli is largely manufactured to reflect a different reality.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace