Fife

Re: New HH Episode forth coming!

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:37 am

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 am

Fife wrote:Image
LMFAO
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Props to Dan for making a good show! Its been a long time you cuckold podcaster you! Keep it up, and don't wait till the fucking cicadas come out before you release the next one.
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 pm

C-Mag wrote:It was a pretty good show, reminded me of the Slavery Show and Suffer the Children. While I enjoyed it, especially the part on the lives of the executioners.............. which was all new info to me. I have the same issues with this show as I had with Slave and Children shows.
Which are?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:30 pm

The host.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:20 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
C-Mag wrote:It was a pretty good show, reminded me of the Slavery Show and Suffer the Children. While I enjoyed it, especially the part on the lives of the executioners.............. which was all new info to me. I have the same issues with this show as I had with Slave and Children shows.
Which are?
While they are very good shows, they all fail to take the next step and be really hard hitting. Had done cited modern examples where this stuff still goes on, ritual public punishment, slavery, child labor and standard child abuse............ each would have stirred more thought and maybe even lent to a voice for those in our current world who are treated poorly.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:23 am

C-Mag wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
Which are?
While they are very good shows, they all fail to take the next step and be really hard hitting. Had done cited modern examples where this stuff still goes on, ritual public punishment, slavery, child labor and standard child abuse............ each would have stirred more thought and maybe even lent to a voice for those in our current world who are treated poorly.
Wait, Dan didn't mention the summary executions taking place in the Trump dictatorship? :think:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:36 am

No. Might be in the next show though.

Latin America, Africa and the Middle East all still have a lot of slavery, but it is largely ignored by Western Society that want to talk about Black Lives Matter.

Child Labor and child abuse in Asia is just as bad as ever............. but that doesn't make the cut either ?

Then this one, he stops at the 1916 lynching in Waco, I'd argue what happened to Reginald Denny in the LA Riots was more of lynching than a guy that was already convicted. Not to mention the ritual deaths in the Middle East and Africa today.

So, while they are fine episodes, very interesting, and compelling, they fall short. I think Dan is trying to make the point that there is something in human nature that makes all these kinds of brutality to fellow man acceptable to humans. But he fails to really have an impact by pointing out where these things are still going on today.

It seems to me kind of a safe space thing. You can tune in, be horrified at a distance, amazed at the brutality of man.............. but really not have to realize modern man does this too.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:51 am

It’s a show about History - I believe it’s in the title. If he accused other countries of atrocities, based on our feeble excuse for news, he’d be run off the internet.

The show was about the nature of humanity, not a call for action against anything happening now. And frankly, if you can’t extrapolate that into the bits of information coming from the third world, and see that it’s still happening, then at least you’re sitting in your commute pondering whether people are any different now.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:05 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:It’s a show about History - I believe it’s in the title. If he accused other countries of atrocities, based on our feeble excuse for news, he’d be run off the internet.

The show was about the nature of humanity, not a call for action against anything happening now. And frankly, if you can’t extrapolate that into the bits of information coming from the third world, and see that it’s still happening, then at least you’re sitting in your commute pondering whether people are any different now.
Everything is history after it happens, and Dan has not constrained himself to things that happened 50, a hundred, a thousand years ago. He has felt very comfortable in talking about modern nuclear weapons, and the crimes against humanity of bombing. He's challenged the nature of modern man not being tough enough, he's constantly asking in his shows............ what if that happened today ?

Consider all the idiot on the streets interviews we constantly see, these people hardly know the geography of their own country much less the rest of the world and their customs. Dan is very influential. I'd prefer he make his history Hardcore.

NOTE:
Don't get me wrong, I think this is very good work by Dan, it's a constructive critique of Dan's work. If you want fawning over every little thing Dan does, go to twitter.
PLATA O PLOMO